Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Snow Creature — Angel
: When target creature other than Adarkar Valkyrie is put into a graveyard this turn, return that card to the battlefield under your control.
1 week ago
Aegis Angel is a good card, don't get me wrong, but currently given the low number of Angels in the deck as a whole and with no Angel tribal, it might be worth looking into Avacyn, Angel of Hope or, some more budget options, Indestructibility, Gift of Immortality, Kindred Boon, Shielded by Faith, Spirit Bonds, or Timely Ward. All of these grant a single creature indestructible for a lower cost, albeit they are not attached to a big flier.
Nothing for Ajani's Pridemate. It's just a good card. If you're interested in other similar cards, Light of Promise, Archangel of Thune, Gideon's Company, Cleric Class, Heliod, Sun-Crowned, Cradle of Vitality, Celestial Unicorn, and Nykthos Paragon are some good ones.
Archetype of Courage seems a bit weak to me personally. Enchantment creature cards with the same mana value that are white and better for your deck (at least from my POV) include Eidolon of Countless Battles and Heliod, Sun-Crowned.
Banisher Priest is good.
Captain of the Watch and Cataclysmic Gearhulk are both good cards, though the latter doesn't seem to work too awfully well with your deck. I would consider putting in another destroy boardwipe such as Wrath of God or Fumigate.
Chardalyn Dragon is pretty bad, even for an artifact flier. Other fliers with the same mana value include Adarkar Valkyrie, Admonition Angel, Ancestor Dragon, Angelic Skirmisher, Archon of Coronation, Aven Brigadier, Empyrial Storm, et cetera... white is ton of amazing fliers! Put 'em to good use! XD If you specifically want an artifact creature to replace it, Wurmcoil Engine is a good one.
Glint-Sleeve Artisan is interesting, and I see how it plays into a bit of your artifact synergies, but if you want that, just use an artifact creature like Adaptive Automaton, Cloudsteel Kirin, or Etched Champion.
Heliod's Pilgrim has a good effect and it's flavorful, just keep in mind you only have two Auras in the deck.
Kozilek's Channeler is a decent card, but given you like small creatures I'm not sure that paying extra for a big body is a great benefit. Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo, Arcane Signet, and if you want to splurge Pearl Medallion are all good ramp in white.
Lagonna-Band Elder can be replaced by one of the cards I told you about in my previous comment.
From there, all your cards are great until Soulmender, which again can be replaced by one of the cards in my previous comment, or even Fountain of Renewal. Same with Stone Haven Medic and Sungrace Pegasus.
Welcoming Vampire is good too.
Feat of Resistance is nice.
Gods Willing is good.
Aligned Hedron Network is good.
Font of Vigor - see previous comment
Sunlance - any other removal that I've mentioned
Also consider Sphere of Safety.
I hope all this helps! ^^" it took a bit to write up but I think it'll help introduce you to some staples and ways about thinking about deckbuilding and power level. I sent you a friend request so that we can keep in touch and so that I can see and help you with your future decks!
3 months ago
Hi king-saproling! Thanks for the suggestions! I guess I'll give some thoughts in as orderly a way as I can.
1) Coat of Arms I love this card and play it in a couple of my decks. My thoughts are that, though a great tribal card, it caters more to pumping weenies. In this case Giada pumps our weenies just fine, and the card is a bit redundant. At 5 mana in mono-white its also a bit high for this deck, but it is a great card and I could see maybe someone having success with it.
2) Icon of Ancestry I really like this card on release, but didn't enjoy it too much in other decks in commander (it was a decent Brawl card when that was a thing). 3 mana is a lot to look for a card that you might never draw, and it can be unsatisfying to play it. The anthem could be good in other context, but this deck doesn't really need it.
3) Adaptive Automaton and other changelings. My general thought on these is that I'd rather just play real angels. While they changelings get counters, they don't fly, and flying makes them way more threatening. If there were a shortage of angels I'd consider putting them in, but I'd rather add Angelic Curator than Impostor of the Sixth Pride. That being said, Giada is weenie angels, and I could see a case for Universal Automaton and Metallic Mimic based on cmc value alone. I'm not sure I could fit them in here, but they are the better options of this group!
4) Slate of Ancestry is a really interesting draw option. Its a bit mana intensive to get going, but it could provide the burst draw this deck needs more of. I'll definitely consider it!
5) Urza's Incubator is a great card, there's no doubt about it. I wouldn't question it in anyone's list! As for me, three of my ramp cards discount creatures, and Giada can only ramp angels, so I need more ramp that can put lands in play or at least help me cast non-creature, non-white stuff. If I already had this in my binder and it wasn't $50 in real world money (I own all my decks in paper), I might consider it. But I think my ramp is working now. That being said, by all means play it because its great!
6) Cauldron of Souls This is good protection from sweepers, and the counters are effectively negated. Nice! I'll definitely consider it.
7) Adarkar Valkyrie This is a good effect, but Cauldron does it better, and Twilight Shepherd is probably a better option. That being said, its a halfway decent angel but I probably won't do it myself.
3 months ago
Thoughts on these? Metallic Mimic, Universal Automaton, Impostor of the Sixth Pride, Urza's Incubator, Slate of Ancestry, Cauldron of Souls, Adarkar Valkyrie, Adaptive Automaton, Icon of Ancestry, Coat of Arms
8 months ago
These might interest you: Xenic Poltergeist, Opalescence, Adarkar Valkyrie, Mimic Vat, Deflecting Swat, Harvester of Souls, Bounty Agent, Maddening Imp, Horobi, Death's Wail, Reconnaissance, Gorilla Shaman, Sunforger, Bolt Bend, Captured by the Consulate, Pariah, Feed the Swarm
10 months ago
king-saproling ooooo I forgot about Chandra's Incinerator, that could be some very useful and repeatable removal. Will mostly come down for at most two mana. This one is definitely going in the maybe board.
Satyr Firedancer is a definite no. Not enough instants and sorceries that deal damage in the deck, although there are some, just not enough to justify a spot for this.
So this is an entire collection of the same type of card. Basically I like these effects, but I don't want too many. The max I would be willing to run is two. It helps flesh out the deck, but it's not the main strategy. I like Light of Promise best out of your suggestions. Could potentially replace Nykthos Paragon if I find I only need to be buffing one creature instead of four or five. Maybeboard it goes for testing. Sunbond is just worse Light of Promise and I don't want too many of these effects. I would rather just have Nykthos Paragon than Cradle of Vitality, it's more efficient. If I were to go with two, which two would you suggest, and what would you suggest be taken in its place?
Adarkar Valkyrie is just too expensive for what it does; I used to run it. Maybe over the next few years, if Boros gets access to a plethora of ramp instead of what we have, it might find a way, but now it's just too slow. Angelic Renewal though is something I've been meaning to add to the maybeboard. Two-mana, choose whenever you'd like to reanimate a creature, is pretty good. Graceful Reprieve is not as flexible as Angelic Renewal, and what I already have in the deck is just better. I actually don't think I need more reanimation. Surprisingly, that's not the issue. While I love the political power of Cauldron of Souls, I used to run it, and I find it incredibly slow and clunky. Could be good in more political groups and slower groups than mine though.
Minion Reflector would be a good choice if my reanimation package wasn't so good, but Boros has gotten some buffs in the past year or so, which makes this a sub-optimal choice.
Twinflame.... huh. I always thought this was a threaten effect for some reason. I don't think it could earn a spot, but I see enough there to where I'm more than happy to test it and be proven wrong. Maybeboard it goes. Not as impressed by Heat Shimmer though.
Sorry if it seems like I'm just shooting all your ideas down. Youve made some good ones and given me a lot to think about. This list is just REALLY tight.
10 months ago
Thoughts on these? Chandra's Incinerator, Satyr Firedancer, Light of Promise, Sunbond, Cradle of Vitality, Adarkar Valkyrie, Angelic Renewal, Graceful Reprieve, Cauldron of Souls, Homura, Human Ascendant Flip, Minion Reflector, Twinflame, Heat Shimmer
1 year ago
Nightmare Shepherd is one of the best as it adds a lot of functionality with no upfront cost and allows you to exploit sacrifice mechanics like evoke. Creating token clones with etb/ltb can easily become overpowered, especially when combined with populate. In fact I built a great ETB Roon EDH deck around it using cards like Yosei, the Morning Star, Protean Hulk and Wayfaring Temples that clone themselves. Token clone generation is amazing because it's essentially ETB blinking as a side effect. You have some cards that do it already listed under abuse but I think the mechanic is good enough and has enough viable cards that it might be worth making a new category for it.
Token clone makers
Stolen Identity Blade of Selves Mirror Mockery Zndrsplt's Judgment Repudiate / Replicate Hour of Eternity Supplant Form Dance of Many Minion Reflector Bramble Sovereign Progenitor Mimic Anointed Procession Quasiduplicate Rhys the Redeemed Back from the Brink Dual Nature Mimic Vat Rite of Replication Song of the Worldsoul Helm of the Host Doubling Season Parallel Lives Battle for Bretagard Mechanized Production Orvar, the All-Form Prototype Portal Saheeli, the Gifted Saheeli's Artistry Seance Second Harvest Soul Foundry Spitting Image Splinter Twin Replication Technique Saheeli Rai Mirror March Mirrorworks Molten Echoes Mythos of Illuna Sublime Epiphany Flamerush Rider Felhide Spiritbinder Littjara Mirrorlake God-Pharaoh's Gift Hofri Ghostforge Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker Followed Footsteps Nightmare Shepherd Osgir, the Reconstructor Echo Storm Cackling Counterpart Esika's Chariot Feldon of the Third Path Flameshadow Conjuring Trickster's Talisman & of course anything with populate.
Also some other blink type cards:
Blink-Yorion, Sky Nomad Conditional bounce- Cunning Evasion ETB clone- Wall of Stolen Identity Graveyard blink- Cauldron of Souls, Twilight Shepherd, Adarkar Valkyrie ETB Abuse- Jalira, Master Polymorphist, Proteus Staff, Master Transmuter. Listing the ones that specifically clone or blink artifacts in their own group might be helpful too.