Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Magus of the Disk
Creature — Human Wizard
Magus of the Disk enters the battlefield tapped.
. : Destroy all artifacts, creatures, and enchantments.
11 months ago
Made quite a lot of changes recently, ordering some better tempo cards as well. Added more mana rocks for tempo and removed some of the recursion as I don't seem to get to my big creatures fast enough to use it. Added more board wipes that work in my favor Realm-Cloaked Giant adventure saves my commander and Calamity Bearer and Realm-Cloaked Giant, and Solar Blaze saves Calamity Bearer, Capashen Unicorn, Hofri Ghostforge, Magus of the Disk, and Stinkdrinker Daredevil. False Prophet and Planar Collapse limit the amount of tiny creatures on the field.
11 months ago
And without further ado, I introduce the "Martyr or Magus" challenge? Will you pick...
- Magus of the Tabernacle
- Magus of the Disk
- Magus of the Jar
- Magus of the Bazaar
- Magus of the Mirror
- Magus of the Abyss
- Magus of the Wheel
- Magus of the Scroll
- Magus of the Vineyard
- Magus of the Candelabra
So do these creatures intrigue you? We have plenty of options for building possibilities, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on other ideas if this falls short.
1 year ago
I've tried to keep this deck nearly 50% White and 50% Red.
I've narrowed the premise of this deck down to the following categories, 50 Cards to the first, and 10 cards to each other category, give or take.
50% of the Deck is the Commander, Land, Mana rocks, and Draw.
10% is Steal/Keep
10% is Removal/Wipe
10% is Bringing Cards Back
10% is Brion Fodder and Fetch cards
10% is Double Damage and Powerful Flyers
Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. That being said, I will probably not be able to afford the more expensive cards Land Tax, Smothering Tithe, Lifeline, Smuggler's Share etc. that are not already in this deck. However - It's still fun to check them out! If you like it, up vote!
With this revision, I've cut many of the fancier, slower dual lands to opt for faster basic lands. I've also added Weathered Wayfarer.
I've made some recent changes to this deck, hopefully to address that mid game I am struggling with tempo, as well as running out of mana to cast the creature or steal spell and have enough to activate Brion's ability. Some cards like Deathrender and Thornbite Staff have been removed (even though they were good in concept) to add more playability.
Fiery Emancipation gives me triple damage. Calamity Bearer works specifically to Brion's sac ability. Angrath's Marauders, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, Gratuitous Violence all make the damage I do twice as effective.
When creatures I steal die, Stalking Vengeance beefs them. When I summon large creatures into play Warstorm Surge deals damage to my opponent, and when I sac those, Stalking Vengeance hits them on the way out.
Malignus, Serra Avatar, and Soul of Eternity all act as giant bombs to throw at the opponent.
Hofri Ghostforge allows for me to steal an opponents creature, fling it at them with brion, and then keep a spirit copy of that creature.
Magus of the Wheel and Reforge the Soul provide the opportunity to get a fresh hand at my whim. Humble Defector is an easy and fun, card that helps me forge alliances with other players in multiplayer while getting me TWO extra cards per turn.
Skullclamp works perfect with the sacrifice ability and is easy to cast.
Well of Lost Dreams is insane when played late game for Brion's lifelink ability and can be fetched with Hoarding Dragon or Open the Armory Sin Prodder gives me a potential extra card per turn, or the chance for an opponent to take damage to the face... and then I can pull it out of my graveyard later with my other cards! Basically a win/win. Mangara, the Diplomat and Mila, Crafty Companion Flip serve to deter attacks and draw.
Hoarding Dragon serves as a flyer, a sacrifice, and can grab any rocks, Skullclamp, or Well of Lost Dreams.
Open the Armory helps grab Skullclamp, Well of Lost Dreams, or Gift of Immortality.
Recruiter of the Guard is specifically to get Bazaar Trader for the huge advantage of keeping my opponents things, but can also grab Duergar Hedge-Mage for removal or Sin Prodder (amongst a few others). Weathered Wayfarer can grab any land, such as Buried Ruin or Arcane Lighthouse.
Archon of Justice is quite powerful in this deck, as it allows for a flying creature, then a source to sac, and remove a card permanently.
Angel of Serenity gives me the option of 3 recursion or 3 removal.
Duergar Hedge-Mage can be played and replayed in this deck for knocking off annoying enchantments or mana rocks.
Magus of the Disk is one of the board wipes.
Grasp of Fate, Oblivion Ring, and Banishing Light all allow for really flexible removal. Same for Quarantine Field except allows for extra targets for more mana. Chained to the Rocks works the same, but only for creatures. Angel of Sanctions works similarly, but is a creature. Ryusei, the Falling Star really just acts as weenie removal and a sac source from a flyer.
Bringing them Back (and sometimes keep it!):
Adarkar Valkyrie Sac an opponents creature, then get it permanently!
Bazaar Trader Take it with a steal and keep it!
Angelic Renewal Sac my own creature, get it back! Gift of Immortality Sac my own creature, get it back... again, and again!
Emeria Shepherd play a land, get a card! Play a Plains, get a creature to sac!
Mistmoon Griffin Flys, defends, and sac-able, then get back a creature from the graveyard!
Squee's Embrace fun and easy to play, and retrievable with Tragic Poet.
Tragic Poet, a low mana cost creature to get any enchantment in my deck back for any reason. Fun with Squee's Embrace, Angelic Renewal, etc. Returned Pastcaller a flyer that lets me grab a Threaten or Breath of Life. Angel of Serenity gives me the option of 3 recursion or 3 removal.
Stealing their Creatures:
Captivating Crew steals every turn! No wasted card space here, just a reusable sorcery.
Conquering Manticore powerful flyer, that steals!
Zealous Conscripts You can steal anything! Anything! Lands? Mine. Artifacts? Mine. Works great with Bazaar Trader.
Act of Treason, Portent of Betrayal, and Threaten are all basic steal spells.
Malevolent Whispers, Mark of Mutiny, and Traitorous Instinct all give me steal with buffs for Flinging.
Harness by Force allows for more than one thing to be taken if the extra cost is paid!
1 year ago
SlushyJones those are both great ideas, though I will probably lean against Chittering Rats since the ETB isn't that great nor does it do anything once it becomes an enchantment. I really like Magus of the Disk though!!
1 year ago
Magus of the Disk could be interesting here, a theoretical panic bomb if things get too hot. Not sure how if it would trigger with Myrkul properly though. Chittering Rats have a really strong Enter-the-Battlefield effect, but they kinda just sit around once they're an enchantment. Definitely optional cards though, the deck is plenty strong right now
1 year ago
I like and hate alot of what I see here. Land destruction is difficult to play unless you tell people before a game "o hey I run some Armageddon effects" but it is also one if whites way to win by resource denial.
I think you need to focus on your mana curve. You have many impactful 6 drops. Which can help only if you get there. Replacing some with ramp could help.
Marble Diamond I have come to believe is a bad card there are so many 2 mana rocks that this can easily be upgraded with a cheap Alternative.
Magus of the Disk board wide every turn with your commander.
You should probably designate some targeted removal for artifacts as Shadowspear is your biggest concern.
Crescendo of War helps end games you can block for days not your opponents.
A sac outlet for when you may need to wipe without avacyn. Altar of Dementia Perhaps.
I'd look into 1 or 2 indestructible creatures so you can wipe without needing avacyn to break the Symmetry. Besides Stuffy Doll I don't run alot but it's something to look at maybe.
3 years ago
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death was one of the first generals I built a commander deck around and I've been tuning mine ever since.
Replacements I would make
- Replace Dolmen Gate with Reconnaissance since it costs 1 less and also can untap your creatures after damage has been dealt to give them pseudo-vigilance.
- Replace Angel of Invention with Marionette Master since if you get infinite ETBs on marionette master, you can sac the infinite tokens to deal infinite damage.
Other cards I might suggest
- Add Moriok Replica is the best card I have in my Alesha deck, it can draw you so many cards every turn.
- Add Panharmonicon/Flameshadow Conjuring so you can get double ETB triggers.
- Add Torch Fiend and Kami of Ancient Law for repeatable artifact/enchantment removal.
- Add Remorseful Cleric for repeatable graveyard hate.
- Add Magus of the Disk for a repeatable board wipe.
- Add Yahenni, Undying Partisan since he's a free sac outlet that can draw you cards and can also be recurred using Alesha.
Combos I might suggest
- Add Reveillark/Sun Titan + Karmic Guide + a sac outlet + a creature with an ETB trigger like Murderous Redcap = infinite ETBs.
- Add Vesperlark + Felidar Guardian + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Sun Titan + Gift of Immortality + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Zealous Conscripts + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker = infinite hasty pirates.
Cards I recommend ditching:
- Remove Carrion Grub Its basically 4 mana for 4 cards milled, that isn't worth it.
- Remove Sunforger You only have 6 legal Sunforger targets, it isn't worth it to keep it in.
- Remove Dictate of Erebos You don't need this if you can just get a Ravenous Chupacabra out and keep recurring it.
- Remove Mindclaw Shaman This was a card that I found didn't do much when I played it, there are alot of other creatures with better ETB effects.
- Remove Relic Seeker There isn't much of a need to fetch a piece of equipment since you only have Sunforger, Sword of the Animist, and Skullclamp.
Feel Free to check out my RBW Alesha's Beautiful Smile combo deck for ideas.
3 years ago
- Swapped Triskelion for Walking Ballista.
- Added Viscera Seer since it combos with Luminous Broodmoth + Mikaeus, the Unhallowed .
- Swapped Myojin of Life's Web, Mageta the Lion, Magister of Worth & Magus of the Disk for Wrath of God & Damnation since they're cheaper and take effect immediately.
- Cut some larger cmc bombs like Kokusho, the Evening Star, & Gray Merchant of Asphodel. I would rather have the deck be more consistent and lower the cmc curve.
- Added some early mana rocks and cut slow ramp like Solemn Simulacrum, & Black Market.
- Added Necropotence because it should always have been in the deck.