Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Destroy target creature. It can't be regenerated.
2 weeks ago
Cards I recommend:
Felhide Petrifier for obvious reasons.
Bomat Courier to test. You need a one drop creature. Felhide Brawler possibly. I do not like Felhide Minotaur, the Petrifier is better and you need all your 3 drops to be worth it. I know Ragemonger helps in that regard.
Just some thoughts. Happy building!
3 weeks ago
This is my Sliver Overlord EDH deck as of 8/29/2023.
Improvements or other Feedback about this deck that can help me improve success in competitive play is welcomed and appreciated!
Options for cheating out Sliver Overlord onto the battlefield ASAP would be best. Some commander decks I usually have to play against are:
Removal: Global & Targeted Options
- Damnation Destroys all creatures for only four mana and prevents them from regenerating!
- Supreme Verdict This one also destroys all creatures for only four mana! While it doesn't prevent regeneration, countermeasures like Counterspell won't work!
- Harsh Mercy Is a cheap global removal option that can keep all of our slivers safe while simultaneously wiping out most of our opponent's non-tribal creatures!
- Terminate A cheap targeted removal that prevents regeneration
- Swords to Plowshares A great targeted removal, perfect for eliminating an otherwise pesky creature that would keep coming back if just destroyed.
- Essence Scatter Targeted creature removal, before it even gets the chance to hit the battlefield >:D
- Aura Shards Play a creature, get a free targeted artifact or enchantment removal as a result! We use this enchantment instead of Harmonic Sliver because the sliver variant doesn't give us a choice in the matter and can end up forcing us to destroy our own artifacts and enchantments. We don't want that!
- Leyline of the Void. This enchantment exiles anything our opponents put into their graveyards and can even come up as a pregame play in your opening hand, making it an extremely efficient play against graveyard based commanders!
As long as you've got the green mana to spend Manaweft Sliver and Gemhide Sliver work wonderfully. If you've already got one of these babies on the board it's best to keep the other in reserve in case of a board wipe or targeted removal.
Mana cost reduction:
- Herald's Horn costs only to play and also reduces the generic mana costs of all our slivers by . Save for the Legendary five slivers we're using here, basically every other sliver will cost 1 less to play with this thing on the battlefield!
- Morophon, the Boundless With slivers as the named creature type, when this this thing hits the battlefield it reduces the cost to play any sliver by ! It might be the most costly to get out but it's indispensable for certain combos this deck is capable of pulling off.
1 month ago
You are playing 4 removals as instants. Why are you not playing more versatile spells like Assassin's Trophy, Putrefy, Chaos Warp, Terminate or Beast Within. Do you play in an indestructable meta and therefore these -x,-x spells?
2 months ago
If your budget allows, consider those swaps:
- Terminate -> Soul Shatter (gets around indestructible and hexproof)
- Mortify -> Anguished Unmaking
- Fracture -> Rakdos Charm (good against graveyard, artifact and token decks)
If you're willing to streamline your creatures to be all Samurai, these are some good picks:
nuperokaso on Demons
3 months ago
Blade of the Oni is bad because most of your creatures already have decent power and toughness. It works best in a deck with tiny creatures
Altar of Bhaal this is best with enters the battlefield effects, which you don't play many
4 months ago
Other recommendations feel slow... Dragon Throne of Tarkir is tempting is a dead drop early game in what is kinda aggro-ish
5 months ago
You cant use the thick version of Atarka in the deck. It’s printed on thicker cardboard and is thus easy to notice where in the deck it is by looking at the deck. I assume this is a commander deck due to its 100-card count and singleton nature. Who is the commander? This is looking like a good start, but you might want to include cards like Despark and Terminate to deal with enemy permanents. Also some dragons with lower mana costs.
5 months ago
Forgot to say what to take out for the three cards above: Green Sun's Twilight, Hull Breach, Lukka, Bound to Ruin. The Twilight is unrealiable until you spend a lot of mana into it. The Breach is sorcery-speed. The planeswalker does not do much here.
Now some small upgrades you can make:
If you run fetchable lands (Ziatora's Proving Ground, Blood Crypt, Stomping Ground, Overgrown Tomb, Canyon Slough, Woodland Chasm, Sulfurous Mire, Highland Forest, Haunted Mire, Geothermal Bog, Wooded Ridgeline), consider running Three Visits, Farseek, Into the North and Skyshroud Claim instead of Sakura-Tribe Elder, Rampant Growth, Explosive Vegetation and Thran Dynamo.
Since you run Crux of Fate, it might be better not depend on non-dragon creature ramp: Courser of Kruphix, Shaman of Forgotten Ways and Solemn Simulacrum could instead be Scaled Nurturer, Fellwar Stone and Coalition Relic.