|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||None|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Goat
Whenever Pathbreaker Ibex attacks, creatures you control gain trample and get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the greatest power among creatures you control.
Pathbreaker Ibex Discussion
6 days ago
2 weeks ago
Lovely list and a great showcase game you played at MTG Muddstah! Kudos for rocking Multani for such a long time.
When browsing through your list, I noticed you omitted a few cards that I really enjoy in my list. I was wondering what your thoughts are on those, if you considered them and what made you leave them out in your build.
- Monstrous Onslaught : basically a one-sided board wipe with Multani
- Fungal Sprouting : great value with multani out
- Wolfcaller's Howl : another on-theme card to get crazy amount of creatures
- Grothama, All-Devouring and the new Return of the Wildspeaker are basically a second and third Garruk, Primal Hunter with Multani.
- Greater Good and Momentous Fall provide some more reduncancy to get crazy hands
- Myojin of Life's Web is a nice way to help emtpy your hand when drawing so many
- Concordant Crossroads is another haste provider you could consider
- Pathbreaker Ibex is another Overwhelming Stampede -ish effect
- Castle Garenbrig serves as a second Temple of the False God with a much smaller drawback
on Morphys Law
1 month ago
For wincons you can always Craterhoof Behemoth , if you don't like that card try, End-Raze Forerunners , Pathbreaker Ibex , or Triumph of the Hordes . Gift of Doom is spicy, but probably not a good card. If you run one more ramp spell, you can probably afford to run 36-37 lands.
1 month ago
I don't like the idea of adding Craterhoof Behemoth or Triumph of the Hordes as I like to drain people out rather then win via combat. Pathbreaker Ibex and Overwhelming Stampede are only in there as I started from the precon and haven't found anything to replace them with.
I am tempted to remove Skullwinder and World Shaper but I feel the others are good for the deck as Massacre Girl is a decent board wipe; Carrion Feeder adds a sac outlet and Whisper, Blood Liturgist is more recursion and extra sac.
There are already 6 forms of ramp in the deck so wouldn't adding more just take away from what I need the mana for
1 month ago
You have a lot of cards that cost 2 but you don't really want to cast on turn 2. Things like Zulaport Cutthroat should be saved in hand for a big play, for example, and Costly Plunder will probably rarely be cast on turn 2, whereas something like Sakura-Tribe Elder will ALWAYS be played on turn 2. Same with Farseek , Nature's Lore , etc.
Top-end should really be wincons. You have Pathbreaker Ibex , Overwhelming Stampede , and Command the Dreadhorde for that, and I think you could fit in one or two more big ones. Rise of the Dark Realms , Craterhoof Behemoth , Triumph of the Hordes , Avenger of Zendikar , Rune-Scarred Demon to tutor for answers/wincons - these are all solid top-end choices.
I would cut your creature-count by about 5. I suggest looking at Massacre Girl , Skullwinder , Carrion Feeder , Whisper, Blood Liturgist , World Shaper , Gonti, Lord of Luxury . Most of these are decent cards, but I don't think they do enough in your build.
1 month ago
We gave your request a lot of thought. Our main objective was to keep the spirit of the deck the same. So we decided to try and find replacements for the more expensive cards while keeping the original thought of the replaced cards alive. Naturally this would mean we would end up with cards that are either slightly less effective at what the expensive cards do, or they have a higher CMC, or both.
Almost all replacements we have chosen cost below 1 dollar. Some of the replaced cards are cards we do not own, so we decided not to post a new deck as we only do so when we own all the cards in it. So, here is a list of the replacements we would make in order to turn this into a less expensive deck:
- Forest for all the non-basic lands
- Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip for Beast Whisperer
- Ivy Lane Denizen for Bloodspore Thrinax
- End-Raze Forerunners for Craterhoof Behemoth
- Wirewood Channeler for Elvish Archdruid
- Skullwinder for Eternal Witness
- Rushwood Herbalist for Ezuri, Renegade Leader
- Evolutionary Leap for Fauna Shaman
- Elfhame Druid for Fyndhorn Elves
- Deadly Recluse for Hornet Queen
- Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen for Joraga Warcaller
- Ant Queen for Mycoloth
- Nullmage Advocate for Nullmage Shepherd
- Centaur Rootcaster for Oracle of Mul Daya
- Thunderfoot Baloth for Pathbreaker Ibex
- Mul Daya Channelers for Priest of Titania
- Initiate's Companion for Quirion Ranger
- Runic Armasaur for Regal Force
- Yavimaya Elder for Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Llanowar Scout for Sakura-Tribe Scout
- Deathgorge Scavenger for Scavenging Ooze
- Fyndhorn Brownie for Scryb Ranger
- Rampaging Baloths for Seedborn Muse (we know, not quite the same functions)
- Archetype of Endurance for Asceticism
- Overrun for Beastmaster Ascension
- Abundance for Burgeoning / Exploration
- Beast Within for Song of the Dryads
- Nature's Claim for Krosan Grip
- Vitalize for Benefactor's Draught
- Shared Summons for Green Sun's Zenith / Genesis Wave
- Mask of Avacyn for Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots
- Sol Ring for Worn Powerstone
We were not able to find suitable replacements (i.e.: cards that would do the same thing but be slightly less effective at it) for the following cards:
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Concordant Crossroads
- Mirri's Guile
- Quest for Renewal
- Heroic Intervention
- Worldly Tutor
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Umbral Mantle
So if you have any suggestions for these, please let us know. For now, we hope we helped you a bit to make a cheaper version of our deck. Have fun brewing it!
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
2 months ago
eerie343 absolutely. If you look at the deck on card kingdom without the sideboard (Those are only on there because I own them and like to use them) it totals only about $140. Budgeting from there is mostly personal preferance; Taking out Winter Orb , Root Maze and Tangle Wire saves a good 12 bucks (and probably a lot of friends too). Avenger of Zendikar is another one I would take off as it saves like 8 bucks and generally won't do much. Heroic Intervention , Lightning Greaves , and Oblivion Stone help the deck be a little more resilient, but the deck won't suffer too much without them. I will say though that if you can get your hands on a cheaper copy of Lightning Greaves , I would go for it. Anyways taking out all of this would bring the total down to like 98 dollars but if you really wanted to go for less you could probably make some compromises with the following cards:
Pathbreaker Ibex , Genesis Wave , Boreal Druid (it's gone up recently, but I would replace with another 1 mana ramp), Fyndhorn Elves (basically same as Boreal Druid), Primalcrux , Shaman of Forgotten Ways , and Sylvan Safekeeper . (while the deck can function without the last two I wouldn't recommend taking them out.)
Anyways this might have been a bit confusing, so I might go back and just make my suggestions into a decklist so you can understand easier.
3 months ago
I actually really like those cards, honestly only reason I don’t use them is because my best bud runs a very aggressive Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest deck. So all those sacks act as a proliferate every turn for him haha.
I’m very conflicted on Vigor I like the idea of him to survive spell slinger removal, and with my heavy trample focus it really adds a clock as chump blocking my guys actually makes them bigger so more and more trample get by. Plus God-Eternal Rhonas and Pathbreaker Ibex scale crazy with extra power
Pathbreaker Ibex occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%