Knight of the White Orchid
Creature — Human Knight
When Knight of the White Orchid enters the battlefield, if an opponent controls more lands than you, you may search your library for a Plains card, put it into play, then shuffle your library.
|Want (2)||OrionTheBrave , jrankin96|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Knight of the White Orchid occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Knight of the White Orchid Discussion
5 days ago
Another card that u may like is Valiant Knight, another lord for Knights, not as good as Knight Exemplar but a lot cheaper. Also, be careful with Benalish Marshal, since it specifically requires 3 White, it would not be rare that u can't drop him on turn 3 because u had, for example, 2 White and 1 Red (personal experience haha). U can fix that by adding dual lands that doesn't enter tapped to the battlefield, like Sacred Foundry or Clifftop Retreat, the second one being more accesible due to its cost.
Have a great day!
6 days ago
That's definitely more on the casual side, save for Trinisphere and a few staxy effects here and there. Putting Ballista and Triskelion here just because there's Heliod somewhere in the deck seems weak, especially since there are no tutors. Anyway, cards you might wanna consider, given this is mono white, are Knight of the White Orchid, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, and you might want to trim down some of the higher CMC cards, Luminous Angel doesn't do much for 7 mana, and Triumphant Reckoning doesn't bring back creatures, and this is clearly a creature deck. Keep trying tho.
6 days ago
Hi :) I also bought Rowan's deck and I'm currently building a Modern Boros Knights deck. Here are some suggestion based on what I've learned. I like Fervent Champion, Venerable Knight, Inspiring Veteran and Acclaimed Contender, they´re very good cards that i also run! Another 1 drop that u might like is Student of Warfare. On the other hand, i noticed that u are not running two really good cards for Knights in Modern: Knight Exemplar and History of Benalia. The first one, although quite expensive, is the best lord for knights. History of Benalia gives u board presence with Knight Tokens and then buff all of ur knights. I suggest running 4 copies of each, replacing Benalish Marshal, Bonecrusher Giant and Rimrock Knight. Some cards that u can check are Gideon, Ally of Zendikar (Knight Token generator), Path of Exile (removal), Knight of the White Orchid (mana fixing), Dauntless Bodyguard (creature protection), Sigiled Sword of Valeron and Embercleave (both good equipments, but I personally prefer Embercleave). Finally, in ur Maybeboard u have 5 copies of Basri's Solidarity, remember that u can only run a maximum of 4 copies of a card. Hope this helps u :)
1 week ago
Talisman of Hierarchy is also fairly budget friendly
And just becos it's a card I like that's an angel, Angel of Despair is (albeit very expensive) flexible removal on a body.
1 week ago
cfost827 I haven't had any problems like you mentioned so far. Remember that Knight of the White Orchid doesn't have to fetch a basic plains and can instead grab Godless Shrine or Scrubland. The odds of drawing multiples of the plains-only fetches and knight of the white orchid while already having their targets on the field or in hand are unlikely. However, I agree that this is an easily-preventable problem if you keep encountering it. I'd start by getting rid of Arid Mesa and replacing it with one plains. This will decrease the number of plains-only fetches to 3 total and increase the number of plains targets to 4 total, so you shouldn't realistically have any more problems. If you want to further change the mana base, it's the most flexible part of the deck. Personally, I value mana consistency in early turns, so I don't see myself changing anything immediately. If you find value in adding in more basics, and it works for you in testing, that's great!
1 week ago
I added Knight of the White Orchid the cost of which fits the deck better. Infinite combos do not intend to put, play with friends and is not well regarded hahaha. Mana generators are a problem on the deck on the second turn I always want to put Keleth, Sunmane Familiar and on the third some equipment I've been thinking about putting Mox Amber and Verge Rangers
1 week ago
Looks like a low to the ground list you have here. If you are looking for more low costed ramp,Knight of the White Orchid is cheaper cmc-wise than Solemn Simulacrum. If you are looking for combo finishers, Godo, Bandit Warlord + Helm of the Host will go infinite and kill the table.
1 month ago
Hey, you have several good cards, but also quite a few that can be upgraded even on a budget.
Utvara Hellkite and Lathliss, Dragon Queen are two Dragon upgrades because they can be card advantage since they create Dragon tokens when Dragons attack or when nontoken Dragons ETB. Drakuseth, Maw of Flames has a powerful attack trigger. Knight of the White Orchid is a Knight upgrade since it can tutor for any Plains including Sacred Foundry or Mistveil Plains and put it onto the battlefield.
Changelings are Knights and Dragons. Taurean Mauler gets bigger when any opponent casts a spell. Mirror Entity has an ability to change all creatures you control power/toughness and give them all creature types. Depending on how much mana you have you can make your army of creatures huge power with Entity.
Before you make other improvements however my advice is to first improve ramp because when the cards you want to try to win the game with are high CMC such as Dragons then lots of ramp should a high priority. The idea is to have more ramp and less high CMC cards because you can easily cast ramp, but without ramp you can't easily cast high CMC Dragons.
- Sol Ring: staple mana rock in Commander.
- Arcane Signet: staple mana rock in Commander.
- Keeper of the Accord
- Knight of the White Orchid
- Boros Signet
- Jeska's Will: can be a fast way to cast both your Commanders or a high CMC Dragon in your hand if you target an opponent who has seven or more cards in hand.
- Dragon's Hoard: ramp and can be repeatable draw with Dragons.
- Talisman of Conviction
The next important thing to expand on is draw. The options for repeatable draw are slim in Boros therefore you want to instead count on cards that give you repeatable card advantage in other ways. Keeper of the Accord is an example of a new card from Commander Legends that's a card advantage engine for white in muliplayer Commander since he creates creatures if you're behind on creatures and/or is land ramp if you're behind on lands and he triggers on each opponent's turn.
- Sunforger: when people talk about Boros usually Sunforger comes up in the conversation because it's powerful equipment for repeatable card advantage. When it's equipped to a creature you can at instant speed pay two mana to unequipped to tutor for any white or red instant spell in your library that's 4 CMC or less and cast that spell for free. Sunforger package is an art form for Boros players. +4 power is a big pump when the creature has double strike or flying.
- Mask of Memory: repeatable draw, effects that trigger when you do combat damage to a player can trigger twice with double strike. If equipped creature isn't blocked then you hit the opponent your attacking twice to draw four cards and discard any two.
- Open the Armory: tutor for any equipment.
- Sarkhan's Triumph: tutor for any Dragon.
With Sunforger Mistveil Plains makes it better because you can put an instant in your graveyard back into your library to cast it again with Sunforger. Example of a Sunforger package of instants:
- Swords to Plowshares: exile a creature.
- Boros Charm: give all permanents you control including lands indestructible.
- Chaos Warp: remove a permanent including a land.
- Shields of Velis Vel: give all creatures you control all creature types.
- Sarkhan's Triumph: Dragon tutor.
- Brought Back: permanent reanimation.
- Unbreakable Formation: give all creatures you control indestructible.
- Return to Dust: exile up to two different artifacts or enchantments.
- Valakut Awakening Flip: draw.
- Akroma's Will: make all your attacking creatures real threats.
If interested I offer more advice in another comment, including suggestions of cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.