|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||None|
Combos Browse all
Sifter of Skulls
Creature — Eldrazi
Devoid (This card has no color.)
Whenever another nontoken creature you control dies, put a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion creature token onto the battlefield. It has "Sacrifice this creature: Add to your mana pool." ( represents colorless mana.)
Sifter of Skulls Discussion
1 week ago
The exasperated retail worker offers a Thornbite Staff in hopes that it will quell Karen's rage. He motions toward a shelf nearby; "We carry these as well": Smothering Abomination , Hell's Caretaker , Illusionist's Bracers , Black Market , Pawn of Ulamog , Sifter of Skulls , Dread Return , Bolas's Citadel , Champion of Stray Souls , Desecrated Tomb , Midnight Reaper , Harvester of Souls , Oathsworn Vampire , Sengir Nosferatu
3 months ago
You might want some cards such as Cordial Vampire , Kalastria Highborn , Sanctum Seeker , Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle , Pawn of Ulamog (replacement for Sifter of Skulls , Legion Lieutenant , Stromkirk Captain , Drana's Emissary , Malakir Bloodwitch , Necropolis Regent , Cliffhaven Vampire (combine with lifelink for infinite damage + life), Rakish Heir , Indulgent Aristocrat , Bloodlord of Vaasgoth , and Defiant Bloodlord .
BTW What is the FNM EDH meta like at Cerberus? I'm about to complete my Angelhorde Invasion deck so anything that would help in the meta or a rough idea of some of the meta decks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
3 months ago
When Playing Izoni, you want as many creatures as possible instead of cards that do similar things because they count as extra insects when they die. It's also worth noting that creatures are the easiest thing to pull back out of the graveyard for repeated value. I propose the following changes:
3 months ago
I strongly believe that every reanimator deck in EDH should run Acidic Slime . For more sac outlets, you can look at Whisper, Blood Liturgist , Attrition , and Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord . More sacrifice pay-off: Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest and Sifter of Skulls .
4 months ago
Hey man! I saw you commented on my Sen Triplets EDH, you helped a lot so, thanks for that! This are some of my suggestions for sacrifice recursions:
I like the route you've taken, here is my version (I went with Proliferate/Infect):
4 months ago
Hey, good start, but with Liliana as Commander consider expanding on the sacrifice theme? Sacrifice strategies with aristocrats can be good and powerful, but you need to commit to them with many sac outlets to make the payoffs for sacing creatures worth it. Cards such as Liliana herself, Pawn of Ulamog , Sifter of Skulls , Grim Haruspex , etc. are payoffs for sacing creatures, but they're lackluster without sac support.
Cards that are within your deck's budget to consider adding for sacrifice strategy:
- Viscera Seer
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan
- Carrion Feeder
- Ashnod's Altar or Altar of Dementia : Dementia is better than Ashnods for the strategies here because it's a repeatable enabler to get creatures into your graveyard, but it's also more expensive price.
- Blood Artist
Reanimation is a fine secondary strategy to use consider also expanding on it:
- Cryptbreaker : repeatable way to discard cards and get value in return.
- Stinkweed Imp : dredge is a fast and repeatable way to get creatures into your graveyard.
- Golgari Thug
- Putrid Imp
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : enabler to get cards into your graveyard and reanimation.
- Living Death : mass reanimation and mass sacrifice.
- Command the Dreadhorde : mass reanimation using life which you have a lot of in Commander.
Other cards to consider adding:
- Crypt Ghast : mono black staple.
- Necropotence : mono black staple, less good when you have to discard unless you have a tons of cards in hand.
- Mutilate : powerful board wipe when playing lots of Swamps.
- Bubbling Muck
- Sign in Blood
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel : great payoff for playing mono black.
- Bloodgift Demon
- Reliquary Tower
- Hero's Downfall
Cards to consider cutting (no order):
- Raise Dead
- Sword-Point Diplomacy
- Dark Dabbling
- Bone Harvest
- Dead Reckoning
- Death Denied
- Liliana's Spoils
- Swarm of Bloodflies
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir
- Barrier of Bones : can be upgraded.
- Cadaver Imp : can be upgraded.
- Spellbook : can be upgraded.
- Indulgent Tormentor : can be upgraded.
- Mindwrack Demon : can be upgraded.
- Puppeteer Clique : can be upgraded.
- Wailing Ghoul : can be upgraded.
- Ever After : can be upgraded.
- Ulamog's Crusher : eight drop.
- Visara the Dreadful : seven drop.
- Butcher of Malakir : seven drop.
- Necromantic Selection : seven drop redundancy that you don't need.
- Harvester of Souls : six drop redundancy that you don't need.
- Sifter of Skulls : redundancy that you don't need.
4 months ago
How big of a issue is colorless mana?
4 months ago
MediSyntax firstly I'd like to say way to go on finding Sifter of Skulls . That card is a treasure; secondly I'd like to preface the next update (soon to have some awesome css styles added and custom js elements).
Some changes I'm looking to make are stripping out Walking Ballista in favour of Sifter of Skulls . Furthermore I feel like enough people have mentioned that Yawgmoth, Thran Physician is putting in work, so he'll be going in over the flex slot temporarily (as he draws cards, pumps lily, blocks tymna and hates on the best creature type - humans). If he were a zombie it would be a slam dunk include for now he is in for testing.
Paradox Engine is a really busted card... I think that a couple of times I've been tempted to slide this in, as in the instance that we have a sacrifice outlet, GC and a few rocks we could just use that to function in place of Phyrexian Arena / Blood Artist .
Undead Augur is as streamlined as we could really ask for. The card draws cards at a VERY reasonable cost, and it's a zombie!
Lastly I've been thinking of porting this list into a Gisa and Geralf list, as with abundant mana we can use the general to fill our grave and cast every combo piece within it (also having countermagic would make this list a lot less risky)
P.S: Yixlid Jailer can't be in our flex slots (despite how good he is against some decks).
Sifter of Skulls occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
WB (Orzhov): 0.47%