Sifter of Skulls
Creature — Eldrazi
Devoid (This card has no color.)
Whenever another nontoken creature you control dies, put a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion creature token onto the battlefield. It has "Sacrifice this creature: Add to your mana pool." ( represents colorless mana.)
|Have (2)||metalmagic , gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Sifter of Skulls Discussion
1 month ago
This looks nice, but also overly complex and expensive. You dont need this many persist creatures, especially not a biggie like Restless Apparition and Sifter of Skulls . At the moment when you hit your combo, they dont matter. You want persist with an effect (like murderous redcap). So my suggestion are the following:
1 month ago
cfost827 To make the deck any more competitive, the easiest thing to do is to include more cheap mana sources, add more disruption, and cut the higher mana cards. I'd consider some more competitive cards like Mana Vault , Mox Diamond , Dark Confidant , Imperial Seal , Ad Nauseam , Opposition Agent etc. The cards you should look at cutting are the slower, high cost ones like Requiem Angel , Solemn Simulacrum , Archon of Justice , etc. This doesn't include Razaketh, the Foulblooded or Vilis, Broker of Blood though since they practically win the game upon entering. Tweaking the deck to give it 5% more power level can be difficult since such a small change is subtle. You're going to have to add and cut cards to feel it out and probably play a ton of games to test.
In terms of what to cut for more fodder, you could cut Archon of Justice and Sifter of Skulls for Carrier Thrall and Imperious Oligarch , or whatever 2 drops you want. Archon and Sifter are a lot slower than cheap fodder, so if you want more, you can cut cards like them. If you want more than 2 new pieces of fodder, you could keep cutting slower 4-6 drops like Solemn Simulacrum , but it'd impact your mana base or other aspects of the deck.
DubWubby This is a cool combo. You could include it, but you're right in that it's fragile and inconsistent. It's really strong in ideal scenarios like with Buried Alive or any time you draw Vizier of Remedies with any persist creature. However, it'd be hard to include for a few reasons. If you draw persist creatures and don't have vizier, they're weak sac fodder on their own, so you'd want to include few of them. However, if you draw vizier without persist creatures, then she's almost useless, so you want to include more of them. Finding the balance of how many persist creatures you need as well as what to cut is the challenge. Saying that, Putrid Goblin is almost as efficient as other 2 drop fodder cards, and both him and vizier have 1 toughness for Skullclamp , so they aren't irredeemable on their own.
2 months ago
A bit of a long comment for you to chew some ideas over. I'm just going to throw out some cards that work for the aristocrats strategy that I think the commander would work well with. Then I'll give you some combos that could work here. Most of the combos rely heavily on white cards, so I think they are all pretty cheap. I'm sure there's a lot more that you could use, but these are the ones that come to my mind.
Aristocrat Mana Producers
Free Sacrifice Outlets
Combos with a free sacrifice outlet
Karmic Guide + Reveillark
: Karmic Guide can return Reveillark to the battlefield. Sacrifice Karmic Guide, then Reveillark. Reveillark's death trigger returns Karmic Guide to the battlefield. Karmic Guide's ETB (enters the battlefield) trigger can return Reveillark to the battlefield. Repeat forever. Reveillark can also return another small creature to the battlefield in addition to Karmic Guide.
Gift of Immortality + Sun Titan : Enchant Sun Titan with Gift of Immortality. Sacrifice Sun Titan. Gift of Immortality returns Sun Titan to the battlefield. Sun Titan's ETB trigger returns Gift of Immortality to the battlefield, attached to Sun Titan. Repeat forever.
Kaya's Ghostform + Sun Titan : Same as Gift of Immortality combo above.
Angelic Renewal + Sun Titan : Same as above.
Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan : Exile Sun Titan with Fiend Hunter's ETB. Sacrifice Fiend Hunter to return Sun Titan to the battlefield. Return Fiend Hunter to the battlefield with Sun Titan's ETB. Exile Sun Titan with Fiend Hunter's ETB. Repeat forever.
Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide : Same as Sun Titan combo above.
Leonin Relic-Warder combos
Animate Dead + Leonin Relic-Warder
: Start with Leonin Relic-Warder in your graveyard. Play Animate Dead to bring Leonin-Relic Warder back from your graveyard. Exile Animate Dead with Leonin Relic-Warder's ETB. Leonin Relic-Warder dies to Animate Dead leaving the battlefield. Animate Dead returns to the battlefield targeting Leonin-Relic Warder. Exile Animate Dead with Leonin-Relic Warder's ETB. Repeat forever.
Dance of the Dead + Leonin Relic-Warder : Same as above.
Leonin Relic-Warder + Necromancy : Same as above.
Infinite Sacrifice Fodder
Divine Visitation + Requiem Angel
: Sacrificing a creature will trigger Requiem Angel to create a 1/1 Spirit Token. Divine Visitation causes that to instead be a 4/4 Angel Token, which can be sarificed to trigger Requiem Angel to create another 1/1 spirit that comes into play as a 4/4 Angel.
Bishop of Wings + Divine Visitation : Same as above, but you also gain 4 life each time.
2 months ago
4 months ago
It can also be done if I have a Pitiless Plunderer, Sifter of Skulls or a Pawn of Ulamog and a Phyrexian Altar or an alternate free sac outlet such as Carrion Feeder on the board with at least 2 of the 3 mana producing creatures on the board. As long as your always be able to produce at least each time it dies. You will be able to afford Nim Deathmantle's triggered ability. How the deck does it can be done with multiple different cards. The combo I listed is just the simplest way of doing so. Remember you get to choose the order of the procs on the stack when the creature dies.
5 months ago
Hello there, fellowr Syr Konrad player!
You could check my own Syr Konrad, the Grim's deck: For the Void to see how I went with him, why did I chose the cards I chosen and maybe you'll see some cards you might like too. Some feedback and upvote would be very appreciated aswell! :)
First things first, type CMDR behind "1x Syr Konrad, the Grim" in your decklist to specify him as a commander.
Second, I would probably avoid discard cards like: Mind Rot,Cavern Whisperer when its not discard focused deck.
Same would go with Underworld Dreams.. yes, it can punish some decks for their big card draws, but doesnt really fit the idea of the deck that well. But you could always add Peer into the Abyss which pairs with Underworld Dreams really well.
Next cut would probably be some creatures that doesnt really do much and other cards:
1) Barrow Witches - your only Knight is Syr Konrad, which you will 99.9% times cast from command zone anyway.
2) Feral Abomination - for 5/5 deathtouch is kinda meh, something that generates tokens would be much better, with so many creatures, cards like Pawn of Ulamog and Sifter of Skulls are nice budget options (even when token creature dies, it goes to graveyard -> triggering Syr Konrad's ability, then insantly vanishes).
3) Squelching Leeches - this can grow fairly big if you play for a lot of turns, but without anything that ramps your Swamps out quick, its just slow dumb creature.
4) Vampire Opportunist - its ability is really expensive just to drain 2 life.
5) Im sure you could replace much more creature for something more usefeul, either a card draw, removal, sacrifice outlets or more token generators. 6) Merciless Resolve is worse version of Altar's Reap, which is now worse than Village Rites.
7) Pharika's Libation - Im personally fan of this removal, just because your opponent can choose what to sacrifice. Feed the Swarm is definitely a better option.
8) Kaya's Ghostform - Kaya's Ghostform is okay, cheap protection for only one . You could add more protection, like: Malakir Rebirth Flip, which works even better, because its an instant speed "protection" and can also be used as a land if needed.
9) Evolving Wilds - no need to run this at all. You would be better to switch it either for an additional Swamp or some other utility land. Also Myriad Landscape is cheap budget option to ramp a bit, but its quite slow.
Some cards you could throw in:
1) Cabal Stronghold - budget version of Cabal Coffers, which can tap itself for and adds a decent number of black mana later on.
2) Crypt of Agadeem - with so many black creatures in your deck, this could ramp you a lot. Costs few dollars, but is definitely worth it in mono-black decks like yours.
3) Some mana rocks and spells to help you with ramp, so you won't fall behind that much should help for sure. There is plenty of mana rocks you could use, starting with Sol Ring/Mana Geode/Arcane Signet, also something like Bontu's Monument, Charcoal Diamond. There is also Culling the Weak/Dark Ritual/Cabal Ritual to give you some fast mana, on top of Bubbling Muck and Songs of the Damned. If you browse some other decks and the internet, you can find plenty of mono-black creatures and/or artifacts that can ramp your super fast.
4) Again, with so many creatures in your deck, try to get Morality Shift - which could easily take out all your opponents at once with Syr Konrad on Board. More creature returning spells from yor graveyard could be: Gravepurge/Forever Young and Death Denied. Gravepurge and Forever Young works even better with something like Bolas's Citadel, enabling you to cast those cheap creatures right away and possibly even sacrifice them, triggering Syr Konrad's at least twice each time.
5) In my opinion, super strong card like Tortured Existence. It can easily trigger Syr Konrad's twice, getting big creatures into your graveyard to reanimate them later, get cheap creatures back into your hand to re-cast them again, save some creatures from graveyard hate and works well with Desecrated Tomb. All that at instant speed, as many times as much you got to pay! And its really $cheap.
6 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions pretendingtoalright. I recently took out the Sifter of Skulls and Pawn of Ulamog for Furnace Celebration and Serrated Scorpion. I have only played one game so far with this deck as my play group only gets together once a month or so. I need to play a few more games with it to see where it needs some more help. The first game was fun though, one friend played a board wipe and I was able to keep Yahenni, Undying Partisan and he was huge. I didn't win the game but the deck seemed to be working well until I ate a bunch of poison counters >_<
6 months ago
I like the list, seems like a lot of fun.
Maybe more creatures that can recur along the lines of Tenacious Dead? Gravecrawler, Bloodsoaked Champion, maybe Gutterbones I suppose that's to your hand but at least Judith and a lot of other effects in your deck enable its return ability. I could be wrong but I can see the engine running out of steam if you miss out on your Reassembling Skeleton to enable consistent use of your sac effects.
But the deck looks very fun and fast, cheers.