|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Common|
|Premium Deck Series: Graveborn (GRV)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana (DDD)||Common|
|Time Spiral "Timeshifted" (TSB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie Mutant
: Regenerate Twisted Abomination.
Swampcycling (, Discard this card: Search your library for a Swamp card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
Twisted Abomination Discussion
2 weeks ago
hey! it's me again, have you seen Witch's Cottage from ELD? i think it's good with Twisted Abomination , though i'm not sure if the number of our swamp will suffice to have a good chance for witch's cottage to get down untapped. what do you think? is it worth it?
1 month ago
After playtesting a bit more, I really like how the Altar of Dementia and Embalmer's Tools work together with these temporary zombies from the Tombstone Stairwell . But I still consider the Barren Moor a dead card because it comes in tapped so you get no immediate benefit and when you cycle it, you don't get a creature in the grave. I would definitely say -4 Barren Moor , +2 Swamp , +4 Twisted Abomination , -2 Something.
1 month ago
1 month ago
First off I wanna say nice kewl deck, I like it. I saw you mentioned mana being tight and I run a small combo to make some mana with my Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip deck that might help, although it involves many cards you would need to add. Liliana of the Dark Realms gets you a Swamp every turn, Lake of the Dead , tap said Swamp and Lake of the Dead and get 5x each turn. With this combo you'd wanna also be running Crucible of Worlds in case Liliana of the Dark Realms gets blown-up. And you already run Expedition Map. Also Twisted Abomination is good for Swampcycling and getting a Swamp in hand. Also because you can destroy opponents creatures pretty well Sangromancer might be a worthy addition. And you some discard effect's for your opponents so Geth's Grimoire might be a worthy addition just a thought but you really don't need as Yawg and Vilis add more than enough card draw. Anyways best regards and GL TheAnswerer
4 months ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
10 months ago
for starters you could cut down on creatures like: Aether Poisoner, Child of Night, Daggerdrome Imp, Deathgaze Cockatrice, Farbog Revenant, Feral Abomination, Fetid Imp, Flensermite, Giant Scorpion, Hand of Silumgar, Hired Poisoner, Markov Patrician, Maze Abomination, Moonglove Changeling, Moonglove Winnower, Nirkana Assassin, Queen's Agent, Rancid Rats, Ruin Rat, Scrounger of Souls, Sidisi's Pet, Skittering Heartstopper Vampire Champion and replace others for: Black Cat, Burglar Rat, Cadaver Imp, Liliana's Specter, Ravenous Rats, Twisted Abomination, Gurmag Angler but would compite with Shambling Attendants for the gy. some usefuls spells you might replace or add cound be: Blessing of Leeches, Sadistic Glee, Soul Channeling, Ashes to Ashes, Evincar's Justice, Shred Memory, Dark Bargain, maybe Crypt Incursion. im out of ideas for cards, for now, and you could add more artifact ramp or artifact that can be creatures like Guardian Idol, Wayfarer's Bauble is in every deck i play, Relic of Progenitus and Nihil Spellbomb are always good gy hate.
10 months ago
Very impressive first deck, you have lots of powerful toys here. But I think I may be of some assistance in helping you make it even stronger.
Since your deck is only at $189.9 I'm going to make the assumption you have a bit of a budget so I'll try and keep my suggestions fairly cheap.
Right away I notice you have most of the pieces for game ending combo's already in your deck. Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Triskelion and similarly Phyrexian Devourer + Triskelion + Necrotic Ooze + Buried Alive make game ending combo's that are super reliable. With the Mikaeus + Triskelion combo, all you need to do is let the triskelion shoot a opponent twice while Mikaeus is on the field then kill itself with its last counter. The Triskelion will then come back onto the field due to Mikaeus, repeat this process an infinite amount of times and the game is all yours. Similarly, if you cast Buried Alive to put Triskelion and Phyrexian Devourer into the graveyard while a Necrotic Ooze is on the field you can use the phyrexian devourer ability to mill your entire deck while the Triskelion ability pings all your opponents to death.
And if you do decide to run that combo, I'd also recommend running Walking Ballista for added redundancy.
In more general deck building terms I think there are also a few upgrades you could easily do.
Mana Ramp is super important in EDH. Games are often won and lost based off of who ramped hardest. So with that in Mind I HIGHLY recommend adding more mana rocks to your deck. As a rule of thumb I'd like to say that 10ish mana rocks are best for your average deck. So since you have five I'd say aim for at least four more. Some decent ones you may want to consider would be:
- Everflowing Chalice
- Talisman of Dominance
- Mind Stone
- Worn Powerstone
- Thaumatic Compass Flip-personal favorite of mine
- Coalition Relic
- Thran Dynamo
- Hedron Archive
I also think that some of your choices for zombies could be a little stronger for EDH
What I would cut and why:
- Wight of Precinct Six This card seems like it would be good in EDH with there being six different graveyards, But unless you were to run a heavier mill package this card only ends up being a slightly larger than average beater that doesnt even have trample
- Gempalm Polluter This is a very good card in 1v1 games, but if you are playing three other players then just targeting a single player isn't worth much
- Vindictive Lich This is honestly a fine card, I just think that since you aren't abusing his death triggers that this spot might be better spent on a different zombie
- Twisted Abomination I just dont like this card very much
What you may want to consider adding:
And I personally like running at least two or three counterspells when I play in blue. Counterspell and Swan Song are probably the best if you're not looking to spend tons of money but there are tons to choose from.
And finally I think I would be doing you a great disservice if I didn't suggest you consider Cyclonic Rift.This card is absolutely bonkers in EDH and probably the single best blue spell in the game for EDH.
Sorry if it seems like I'm insulting your deck building capabilities. You really do have a pretty good core to work with here but as with any deck there were a few places I felt could be improved upon. But when it comes right down to it these are just my opinions and there are no hard rules for what makes a deck good or fun.
Hope all this helps!
11 months ago
UPDATE: Cards added and removed.
No data for this card yet.