|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Rare|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Minotaur Wizard
Whenever Boros Reckoner is dealt damage, it deals that much damage to target creature or player.
: Boros Reckoner gains first strike until end of turn.
Boros Reckoner Discussion
2 weeks ago
So I'm in the lucky situation to have two copies of Feather, the Redeemed . I already do have a pretty basic feather buildthat isn't uploaded here, but I'd like to have a second more unusual Feather deck.
The idea is to combine Feather with cards like Boros Reckoner and Truefire Captain and spells like Rile to deal lots of damage without ever needing to attack. I'll add a list of fitting cards soon, but I don't have a finished one yet:
Commander / EDH*
1 VIEW | IN 1 FOLDER
What do you guys think? Is this a viable deck idea? Do you have card suggestions? I'm happy to listen to any of this, but I'll be off to holiday until tuesday and won't have any internet there, so forgive me if I don't answer until then.
1 month ago
I think Skred Boros Reckoner sound like a good finisher on top of their normal utility. The whip may be the slower or rakdos return. I would board the charm. How budget is this build if you don’t mind me asking? Fetchs can grab snow-covered lands and you also have the new MH basic fetchs. Mutavault would also gain the tribal buffs. All in all, some deck manipulation would help most other tribes have card draw if nothing else. Collective Defiance might work too cause it has a lot of options
1 month ago
Boros Reckoner and the like can deal some damage and be used again. Dauntless Escort and Loxodon Hierarch can save your team from non-exiling board wipes. Trying to figure out some other good synergies with her myself
1 month ago
Thank you for the advice. After giving it some thought, I added some of your suggestions. But cards like Boros Reckoner and Mogg Maniac I don't feel like adding, because I want to run as few creatures as possible.
1 month ago
This is definitely a good first attempt. Some suggestions though would be to cut Fight with Fire , Fire Servant , Treasure Map Flip , Magus of the Wheel , Integrity / Intervention , Sword of the Animist , Dualcaster Mage , Fumigate , Sunbird's Invocation and Vessel of Endless Rest and swap them out for Blasphemous Act , Repercussion , Heartwarming Redemption , Mogg Maniac , Cathartic Reunion , Open the Armory , Marble Diamond , Boros Reckoner , Enlightened Tutor and Fire Diamond
2 months ago
Lets start with your CMC. In order for an aggro deck to be fast, the mana curve for the deck needs to be incredibly low to the ground. With that in mind here are some creatures that are all sub-three CMC:
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
- Boros Reckoner
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar
- Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
- Tithe Taker
- Mentor of the Meek
- Ballyrush Banneret
- Haazda Marshal
- Aerial Responder
- Frontline Medic
- Consul's Lieutenant
- Bounty Agent
- Mirror Entity
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip
- Thalia's Lieutenant
- Akroan Hoplite
- Champion of the Parish
- Legion Loyalist
- Metallic Mimic
- Recruiter of the Guard
- Swiftblade Vindicator
- Legion Warboss
You are also gonna need to give your creatures haste, and one of my favorite cards does just that for next to nothing; Mass Hysteria .
Here are a few cards I also think would be really good support, or are staples in this archetype:
- Unbreakable Formation
- Brave the Elements
- Teferi's Protection
- Collective Effort
- Citywide Bust
- Militia's Pride
- Brave the Sands
- Glorious Anthem
- Chance for Glory
- Spear of Heliod
Lastly... I know you said you avoided it intentionally but... I think it was a mistake... You need more ramp. The more ramp you have the faster you can play dudes the faster you can kill someone. So Mana Crypt , Sol Ring , Boros Signet , Chrome Mox , etc. I think you should play at least 5 ramp artifacts to really help you get that overwhelming force, because on T4 you now have to live in fear of WoGs
Ok that's all... he said after posting a page long comment... Sorry. <3 If you need help with cuts anything above 4 cmc should be the first things to go with the exception of Cathar's. get your CMC as close to 2 as you can.
2 months ago
Im confused by what you mean by Oblation and two lands. It’s just draw two cards?
In my head I totally thought we had more direct damage cards for Stuffy Doll & such. Even if we did, it’d be really relying on getting him out. Or adding Boros Reckoner and Spitemare . Even then it’d be a whole side route of watering the deck down
I just realized the sac cards don’t work with Feather and Akroan Crusader / Vanguard of Brimaz don’t bounce with Zada/Mirrorwing. Do you think either of those are worth keeping in... or is heroic mostly a waste when you have Zada/mirrorwing at your disposal?
I’ve seen play styles of all the types at this point but agree the Spell slinger and token are the strongest.
2 months ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
Boros Reckoner occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%