Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Mondrak, Glory Dominus
Legendary Creature — Phyrexian Horror
If one or more tokens would be created under your control, twice that many of those tokens are created instead.
, Sacrifice two other artifacts and/or creatures: Put an indestructible counter on Mondrak, Glory Dominus. ( can be paid with either or 2 life.)
2 weeks ago
These are changes based on game testing and new cards I think will improve the deck significantly. My goals are to increase the synergy but also the flow of the deck.
Cards I took out: - Athreos, God of Passage / I prefer creatures in the graveyard - Liesa, Forgotten Archangel / I prefer creatures in the graveyard - Syr Konrad, the Grim / Doesn't trigger enough for my taste - Wrath of God / I've noticed that board whipping is less effective than I thought in this deck and out of both Damnation Will be easier to cast with our mana production - Dictate of Erebos / As good as this card is Grave Pact does it for less. Additionally, I have never used its flash ability
Cards I put in: - Archaeomancer's Map / Better ramp - Blade of Selves / Myriad is crazy in this deck and can lead to quick victories or even infinite combos (which usually lead to victory) - Mondrak, Glory Dominus / This card is WAY TOO GOOD in this deck. It double tokens! It's a sacrifice outlet that makes it indestructible!! Also it combos infinitely with Blade of Selves and Ratadrabik of Urborg - Boromir, Warden of the Tower / This card alone is really good but it combos infinitely with Ratadrabik of Urborg and can be a powerful combo with cards like Grave Pact and Proper Burial - Gandalf the White / Double death triggers means double tokens with Ratadrabik of Urborg or quick wins with cards like Kokusho, the Evening Star
Things to change in the Future - Currently trying to fit "Samwise the Southearted" and "The Golden Throne" into the deck for a few additional mana combos / stabilize the mana production. - I might try to fit in "Dictate of Erebos" if possible...
3 weeks ago
This looks wonderful. Here's some of the stuff that I use in my soldier-tribal that I don't see here that might be useful to you:
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos: more tokens (with vigilance)!
- Frontline Medic: incredibly useful in decks that go wide.
- Goldnight Commander: crazy strong when combined with Myrel's token generation.
- Knight-Captain of Eos: as long as you have soldiers, opponents will have a hard time damaging you in combat.
- Mondrak, Glory Dominus: more soldier tokens for you!
- Slate of Ancestry: incredibly powerful in a deck with this many creatures.
Hope this helped. Keep it up with your nice brews!
1 month ago
Hello, fellow cat and dog enjoyer. I noticed that you pretty much stuffed every cat or dog in naya colors in that you could find but not a single changeling. While changelings might not be satisfying since they don't look like a cat or a dog, they provide great value because they actually trigger Rin & Seris ability twice generating two tokens instead of just one. They also benefit from both lord effects. Notable examples of changelings are:
- Taurean Mauler
- Irregular Cohort
- Masked Vandal
- Impostor of the Sixth Pride (actually looks like a cat!)
- Chameleon Colossus
- Crib Swap : Removal that also nets you two tokens!
- Maskwood Nexus : Everything becomes a changeling. This means that every creature you cast will generate two tokens. For you deck, this is just a better Parallel Lives!
Additionally, you seem to have missed (or purposfully no included?) some rather powerful cats and dogs:
- Black Market Tycoon : Not the best ramp card, but it's ramp that is on theme!
- Oreskos Explorer : This dude gets better the more expensive your mana base is as he does fetch every Plain card not just basics.
- Qasali Pridemage : Suprised to see that one missing.
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos : It's just a good card for 3 mana, honestly.
- Feline Sovereign : Lord, you can never have enough of those
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist : Don't forget our favorite cursed cat. Her effect is actually really strong
- Prava of the Steel Legion : Lord
- Skyhunter Strike Force : Lord
- Alms Collector : On theme draw effect that can absolutely wreck your opponent if you flash it into a wheel effect. The secret lair artwork is also the most adorable cat you will ever own.
- Leonin Warleader : Stronk
- Qasali Slingers : Very good artifact and enchantment hate. Basically an on theme Aura Shards
- Loyal Warhound : On theme ramp.
Just a few for you to consider. I have a list of all good (in my opinion) cats and dogs in my Rin & Seri list: Rin and Seri
You also do not seem to have a lot of draw options in your deck. Depending on the pod you are playing in, board wipes might be present and can absolutely wreck your game plan. Draw effects help you recover from this. Sadly, Naya is not the best color combination for drawing cards and most of the good draw effects are really expensive. You can see some suggestions for draw effects in my deck list: Rin and Seri
I would highly recommend proxying if your pod allows it. Be careful with draw effect like Camaraderie or Shamanic Revelation. They look good on paper in a token theme but they are "win more" cards in my opinion. If your board got wiped and you draw into those cards, they will not do a thing to help you recover. A wheel effect like Wheel of Misfortune however, will draw you 7 fresh cards to start again.
Lastly, I would recommend getting some tutors in there. Eladamri's Call, Green Sun's Zenith, Natural Order and the like. The best card in your deck by far is Jetmir, Nexus of Revels. He is basically your secret commander. If you can resolve him with 9 creatures on the board, you can devastate your opponents out of the blue. All the more important to be able to find him if you need him.
That's all for now. Have fun!
3 months ago
Alright, this is very much taking shape. What I would like feedback on, are the follwing ideas
3: This probably takes the deck full competitive, and would push for less win conditions and more counter spells, and other cuts. The anthems provide some protection early game.
Drop the 5 anthems (Cathars' Crusade, Flowering of the White Tree, Glorious Anthem, Inquisitor Greyfax, and Spear of Heliod... I want to keep Marshal's Anthem for recurring Mondrak, Glory Dominus) and add more protection for Marneus Calgar amd or more infinite mana combos.
- Protection: Swiftfoot Boots and Lightning Greaves (2 cards, leaving 3 for infinte combos)
- Infinite mana: Not sure what the best configuration to add:
- Phyrexian Altar is only good enough with both Mondrak, Glory Dominus and Anointed Procession in play (8 tokens for , sacrifice 6 for another go, then infinite). Alternively it needs Training Grounds or Pitiless Plunderer in play. The later is a nice addition since it strenghtens Revel in Riches position in the deck.
- Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth for infinite mana. The monolith is pretty much only useful for this scenario, while Rings of Brighthearth can be used with Marneus Calgar and Ashnod's Altar for infinite as well. Also useful alone when just searching for answers with Marneus Calgar
- Other thoughts
- Laboratory Maniac should be added as win condition if I add more infinite combos. Seems unnecessary, but could replace other conditions. Are there any compelling arguments?
- Altar of Dementia could be a spiteful win condition as well. Seems unnecessary, but could replace other conditions. Are there any compelling arguments?
Advice please? Does this go full retard?
3 months ago
This looks nice. I like what you've done with the card-advantage options. In terms of recommendations, I would point to Mondrak, Glory Dominus, Myrel, Shield of Argive and Anointed Procession in a heartbeat, for the token increase. However, I understand these are quite expensive and probably not that easy to come by (they aren't in my country anyway). Mirror Entity might also be great in here to suddenly make your soldiers a whole lot scarier.
4 months ago
Mondrak, Glory Dominus can work in this deck, as well. Food for thought.
4 months ago
Thanks. I knew about Intangible Virtue, but it feels like a win more. The ones I have can be used if I don't get Springjack Shepherd and still help, while Virtue is only good with the tokens. That said, the other two, Mondrak, Glory Dominus and Seal from Existence are strict upgrades that I should get.
Rebuff the Wicked seems more sideboard, which I will need to eventually craft and will be included when I do, especially for non-creature decks.
All in all, I appreciate the advice and glad you like!
4 months ago
If you want to drop a little money, Mondrak, Glory Dominus would make a much better 4-drop than Restoration Angel since there are synergies for him littered all over your deck; though I fully acknowledge that with this being a paper deck purchasing multiple copies of a brand new mythic legend of his power level will definitely set you back (which is why I made it a separate comment altogether).