Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Choose two, choose each mode only once —
- This deals 2 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker.
- Target player draws two cards, then discards two cards.
- Target player creatures a Treasure token.
- Destroy target artifact.
2 months ago
lego22499 this seems like a very fun and explosive Combo/Copy deck! I think the key to cracking/breaking Neera, Wild Mage is going to be focusing on lower CMC ramp and interaction without jeopardizing Neera's ability. She can be a tough cookie to crack but one idea that comes to my mind is adding some cheap early game interaction that you aren't necessarily disappointed to hit with the Neera later in the game. Another way to aid in this struggle may be to run a higher than usual land count considering you may not want to be hitting many low CMC ramp/rocks with Neera's abillity and would rather hit the lands to get closer to something BIG hiding in your deck plus it wouldn't hurt to draw some extra lands early... especially Utility lands or lands that have a Cycling ability as this could help with draw if you start to flood out. That's the best I've got for now but I'll give it some more thought as well as feature the deck and maybe you can get some HOT tips from EDH players more familiar brewing around Storm, Combo, Copy, Ect. Anyways cool deck looking forward to seeing how it develops!
Low CMC Interaction
Castle Vantress, Mystic Sanctuary, Wandering Fumarole, Skyline Cascade, Halimar Depths, Soaring Seacliff, Faerie Conclave, Moonring Island, Cephalid Coliseum, Magosi, the Waterveil, Spinerock Knoll, Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep, Ghitu Encampment, Madblind Mountain, Hanweir Battlements Meld, Kher Keep, Hellion Crucible, Reliquary Tower, Wasteland, Strip Mine
2 months ago
So, after playing this deck for over a year, I still love it. But I faced a couple of major problems:
not enough draw without risk of getting an archenemy badge for casting two approaches to trigger Jori En, Ruin Diver
when I play with somebody who knows my deck they try to kill me before I can get one of my combo pieces
The only thought I have to solve those - put a Propaganda for protection and both Drift of Phantasms and Mystical Tutor for consistency. Also, 36 Approaches are overkill for me, so I think of cutting up to 30-32 and adding something like Izzet Charm or Prismari Command, or some drawing cantrips. And maybe Archmage Ascension and Rhystic Study as both of them are easily tutored by Drift of Phantasms.
Would appreciate some comments both with ideas and critics.
3 months ago
What’s up man, sweet deck!
Gamble helps you find your stuff for hella cheap, sure you can possibly ban your wincon, but if it works…
Wheel of Misfortune isn’t the best card, but for this deck it seems like a good way to refill your hand and then some.
5 months ago
- Aura Shards + Mirari's Wake + Faeburrow Elder + Knight of Autumn + Knight of New Alara Eladamri's Call + Wildfield Borderpost
- Bard Class + Cindervines + Huntmaster of the Fells Flip + Klothys, God of Destiny + Radha, Heart of Keld + Xenagos, God of Revels + Decimate + Dire-Strain Rampage + Escape to the Wilds + Hull Breach + Firewild Borderpost
- Binding the Old Gods + Leyline Prowler + Windgrace's Judgment + Vraska, Golgari Queen + Culling Ritual + Maelstrom Pulse
- Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip + Kardur, Doomscourge + Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger + Olivia, Crimson Bride + Orcus, Prince of Undeath + Kolaghan's Command + Rakdos Charm + Dreadbore + Veinfire Borderpost
- Baleful Strix + Hostage Taker + Mistvein Borderpost
- Coiling Oracle + Rootcoil Creeper + Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath + Growth Spiral + Tamiyo, Collector of Tales + Bring to Light + Croaking Counterpart
- Elite Guardmage + Niambi, Esteemed Speaker + Soulherder + Faithful Mending + Fieldmist Borderpost
- General Ferrous Rokiric + Aurelia's Fury + Wear / Tear + Deafening Clarion + Solar Blaze
- Izzet Staticaster + Prismari Command + Expressive Iteration
- Despark + Fracture + Inkshield + Kaya's Guile + Merciless Eviction
- Fires of Invention + Ignoble Hierarch + Sylvan Caryatid + Blasphemous Act + Demonic Tutor + Farseek + Arcane Signet + Chromatic Lantern + Coalition Relic + Commander's Sphere + Panharmonicon + Tome of the Guildpact + Urza's Filter
8 months ago
I like all your suggestions but they are expensive XD. I will try to trade for them.
I think murktide would be excellent in the board. Very interesting interaction with graveyard hate.
I realized that Merchant of the Vale can make t3 combo possible. If only we had draw 2 discard 2 card for 2 mana but dodges cascade like this one drop does. So I made changes to make it all about the combo. Is that better or worse? No more interaction aside from prismari command.
9 months ago
Drops: possibly 9-11 total
Hellkite Tyrant: it is fun, though it may be a bit too slow
Prismari Command: It isn't that good
Dark Confidant: maybe not the best? you could hit something big and it would hurt, there are better cards to run in EDH, Confidant is good in modern where the CMC is low
Trinket Mage: I can see the pros and cons, but it is a possible drop as it gets useful cards but you have enough search for cards that are more relevant to the deck's goals
Norn's Annex: Another card I am iffy on, it helps, but sometimes 2 life isn't enough, I guess it helps in the aggro matchups but it is worth considering. Annex works best in decks where the "mental calculus" is already rough considering your board state (i.e. good creature presence) and Annex adds to it. However, it isn't as good as Ghostly Prison and Propaganda Though it does at least protect planeswalkers
Bloodforged Battle-Axe: another that I see the utility, but there are better cards
10 months ago
I particularly like the interaction between Prismari Command and Narset where you can target your opponent with the second mode to make them discard two (which I don't think you mentioned in the description).