Golos, Tireless Pilgrim
Legendary Artifact Creature — Scout
When Golos, Tireless Pilgrim enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a land card, put that card onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
: Exile the top three cards of your library. You may play them this turn without paying their mana costs.
Combos Browse all
- Blightsteel Colossus + Bringer of the Black Dawn + Golos, Tireless Pilgrim
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim + Thassa, Deep-Dwelling
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Golos, Tireless Pilgrim occurrence in decks from the last year
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Golos, Tireless Pilgrim Discussion
2 days ago
Why do you play Hivestone ? It only effects Beast Whisperer and Golos, Tireless Pilgrim . Every other creature in your deck is already a sliver. It seems like a very unnecessary effect. That’s one card I’ve tried playing with and never felt like I needed.
6 days ago
I played a 3 player game with this list just to get a feel for the commander which means some of this should be taken with a grain of salt because I don't know how some of the cards would work in a different situation with only one game to base my experience on.
Out of several attack triggers from Velomachus, most of the free spells were a bit underwhelming. I think one I got Mana Geyser as my free spell and had nothing to spend the mana on during combat. I did manage to win the game, but primarily because one opponent had trouble getting lands early on and fell behind, and also because that player cast Song of the Dryads on the other opponent's Golos, Tireless Pilgrim which shut him down from getting lots of card advantage from activating his ability. Justice Strike unfortunately didn't feel useful, most of the creatures I wanted to kill had more toughness than power. Probably replace it with Path to Exile .
I felt like the deck could use another spell or two that give extra combats. That would be a great thing to hit off of Velomachus triggers. Akroma's Will would also be a nice thing to hit off of his trigger. Also you have a lot of token producing cards, but nothing really to pump the team. Maybe consider Cathars' Crusade , Shared Animosity , Intangible Virtue , or Balefire Liege to make your tokens more threatening. Another neat card that can also be used politically to buff an opponent's attacker is Duelist's Heritage .
Other cards to consider:
1 week ago
(w)hite: total (c)ards with white mans symbols is = 11, total white mana (s)ymbols = 18, (t)otal cmc of all cards that have white = 72, white (s)ymbol(a)verage = 1.63, white cards (t)otal(a)verage cost = 6.54, round up total demand is 2 in (7+7 cards in opening hand) so access to 2 white mana with in 14 cards drawn leaves a demand of 16, (w)=16
u: c=13, s=18, t=72, sa=1.38, ta=5.53, u=15
b: c=15, s=24, t=104, sa=1.60, ta=6.93, b=16
r: c=24, s=36, t=130, sa=1.50, ta=5.41, r=18
g: c=22, s=34, t=133, sa=1.54, ta=6.04, g=17
(m)ana demand: average cmc of deck total 5.00, (5in5 = 62.5), m=63
color demand: total amount of cards needed that can provide access to a specific color
white = 16, blue = 15, black = 16, red = 18, green = 17
keep in mind multi color lands, fetch, rocks, dorks, ramp lower the demand of any color it can provide
Wooded Foothills can fetch Zagoth Triome for example
so Wooded Foothills white= 00, blue= -01, black= -01, red= -01, green= -01
Golos, Tireless Pilgrim white= -01, blue= -01, black= -01, red= -01, green= -01
Mana demand: total amount of cards needed that give access to mana is 63 cards
any card that can give you mana reduces this number (lands,dorks,rocks,spells) the only catch to this is the card that supplies the mana has to cost less then your avgerage cmc
last note base color demand total is 82 and mana demand is 63
after utilizing color fixing if you get your color demand less then your mana demand you can then utilize colorless mana rocks to met your mana demand faster ie Sol Ring = mand demand - 2.
1 week ago
I would say go with a utility commander that can give you the identity you need or provide advantage somehow.
Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Helps mana fix as well as provide 5 colors for all of the diverse battlemages. The activated ability wont be great if you exile battlemages but anything else would be gravy. You could add bounce sources to the deck to return those for replay anyways.
Kenrith, the Returned King : His last ability will get your battlemages back from the yard. Combined with bounce will let you keep repeating your kicked activities. And you can be in 5 colors like Golos.
2 weeks ago
hi ShiltonCDXX, I run a Sliver deck with Sliver Overlord myself, and a big key to this type of deck is the toolbox nature of it. Need mana, go tutor a Gemhide Sliver . want haste and flying, Cloudshredder Sliver . Oh no! Someone is wrathing... got get Quick Sliver and then Sliver Hivelord .
The point is, you will be able to get what you need. The tutor can get to for the cost really easy, and is much better than the random nature of Golos, Tireless Pilgrim .
Haste and Mana Slivers combined with a cheeky Intruder Alarm can also essentially mean tutor every sliver out of your deck onto the battlefield.
Hope this helps
2 weeks ago
Sliver Overlord emphasizes quality, since you get to tutor. Golos, Tireless Pilgrim emphasizes quantity. I personally like Sliver Overlord as a commander because it lets you kill people with commander damage really easily. While your slivers go wide on one opponent, the Overlord can go for the commander damage kill on someone else. Just tutor up evasion one combat and then double strike the next. There are a lot of very great slivers from Harmonic Sliver to Dregscape Sliver so it's nice to be able to tutor for them. As for Golos, Tireless Pilgrim , he can't be any better than The First Sliver is at going wide, so he's not the best sliver commander for quantity nor quality. He does have one distinct advantage though. As terrifying as Golos is, slivers are more feared. So if you don't want to be killed on sight as quickly, I would go with Golos.
2 weeks ago
I am going through my collection of slivers to put together a commander deck and I am conflicted over which to use as my commander.
I know traditionally the Sliver Overlord is used for his ability to tutor for slivers as needed, but I came across Golos, Tireless Pilgrim in my binder and wondered if he would make a suitable commander for the slivers. His ETB to get a land is nice but his ability to exile and play the top 3 cards for free seems like it could be very useful. What do people think, is it worth experimenting or should I stick with the tried and true Overlord?
1 month ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)