Dictate of Erebos
Whenever a creature you control dies, each opponent sacrifices a creature.
|Have (2)||, metalmagic|
|Want (6)||WillPhil99 , Theevilcarrot64 , Laereth , xLithium , Darui , niot5|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Rare|
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Quest Magic RPG||Legal|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Dictate of Erebos Discussion
4 days ago
Hey, I was also going to build one of these. The idea with Bloodbond March is killer! Might come in handy to get the apostles back. Even though I like Immortal Servitude better since it spares you the second color. My idea is to activate Shadowborn Apostle's ability during an opponents' turn and flash Dictate of Erebos. That will most definitely wipe the field for the First demon: Archfiend of Despair. In (your) next turn cast Immortal Servitude, sacrifice the apostles again and get another Archfiend of Despair. The First demon will be ready to attack an unprotected player. If it deals 6 damage the total damage of the turn should be 24! 6 from the first demon's combat damage plus 6 from his triggered ability plus another 12 from the second demon's triggered ability. Am I getting that right? I'm only playing for the joy of the game, not for competition, so I'm not really reliable when it comes to rules ;-)
4 days ago
Hey, I was also going to build one of these. The idea with Bloodbond March is killer! Might come in handy to get the apostles back. Even though I like Immortal Servitude better since it spares you the second color. My idea is to activate Shadowborn Apostle's ability during an opponents' turn and flash Dictate of Erebos. That will most definitely wipe the field for the first demon: Archfiend of Spite. In (your) next turn cast Immortal Servitude, sacrifice the apostles again and get another Archfiend of Spite. The First demon will be ready to attack an unprotected player. If it deals 6 damage the total damage of the turn should be 24! 6 from the first demon's combat damage plus 6 from his triggered ability plus another 12 from the second demon's triggered ability. Am I getting that right? I'm only playing for the joy of the game, not for competition, so I'm not really reliable when it comes to rules ;-)
1 week ago
@Snake57 No problem! I love to talk about Yuriko, so your questions and suggestions are always welcome!
As for Yawgmoth's Will, I think most Yuriko decks are fast enough that we can't bring out the card's full potential. I find this deck wins sometime around turn 6-7. At that point in the game, I usually have around 6-7 mana to work with, which only leaves 3-4 mana to cast things from my graveyard after casting it. But since you have one, I would definitely say to try it out. Let me know how it goes!
I actually just bought myself a Commandeer! So I'll be trying it out soon, but I haven't decided what to cut for it yet. It seems like exiling 2 cards is quite a steep price, but if it counters an early Pithing Needle or Dictate of Erebos, it's probably worth it.
I think Snuff Out is an amazing card for Yuriko decks. My playgroup is heavily focused around black decks, so I unfortunately can't play it often. But in a blind meta, Snuff Out is my second favourite removal spell after Deadly Rollick.
I also think that Dismember is a great card for Yuriko, I've considered running it for a long time. I just don't think its as effective as Deadly Rollick, Submerge or Curtains' Call, and it doesn't hit as hard as Consign / Oblivion or Commit / Memory. So its mostly an issue of finding a place for it, rather than it not being good enough!
I had Cyclonic Rift in the deck for a long time. I found myself not being able to hit 7 mana consistently, so it ended up being a 2 mana bounce spell too often. Coastal Breach is usually pretty strong, but Evacuation sometimes feels lackluster. I've been thinking of replacing Evacuation with Devastation Tide for a while, seeing how consistently this deck can cast Temporal Mastery for its miracle cost.
Hopefully this was helpful! Feel free to post questions/suggestions for me anytime, friend!
1 week ago
You might like these too: Black Market, Zulaport Cutthroat, Syr Konrad, the Grim, Neko-Te, Song of Freyalise, Cryptolith Rite, Seedborn Muse, Skullclamp, Species Specialist, Illusionist's Bracers, Second Harvest, Parallel Evolution, Evolutionary Leap, Dictate of Erebos
1 week ago
For the Hexproof Voltron commanders I've always had issues with sac effects like Dictate of Erebos
3 weeks ago
Speaking from experience, I really think that Rat Colony is stronger in EDH than Relentless Rats. The fact that colony counts all your other rats synergizes so well with Marrow-Gnawer. The toughness limitation can actually help you too if you use cards like Skullclamp to get loads of cards, or Grave Pact/Dictate of Erebos to punish your opponents' boards. I also love that it's 2 Mana so it is very easy to flood the field with them. I do think that if you do prefer relentless, take out the colonies and go all in with them; in my own deck, I found that they compete for the same space so running both weakened their strengths.
Good luck! :)
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death was one of the first generals I built a commander deck around and I've been tuning mine ever since.
Replacements I would make
- Replace Dolmen Gate with Reconnaissance since it costs 1 less and also can untap your creatures after damage has been dealt to give them pseudo-vigilance.
- Replace Angel of Invention with Marionette Master since if you get infinite ETBs on marionette master, you can sac the infinite tokens to deal infinite damage.
Other cards I might suggest
- Add Moriok Replica is the best card I have in my Alesha deck, it can draw you so many cards every turn.
- Add Panharmonicon/Flameshadow Conjuring so you can get double ETB triggers.
- Add Torch Fiend and Kami of Ancient Law for repeatable artifact/enchantment removal.
- Add Remorseful Cleric for repeatable graveyard hate.
- Add Magus of the Disk for a repeatable board wipe.
- Add Yahenni, Undying Partisan since he's a free sac outlet that can draw you cards and can also be recurred using Alesha.
Combos I might suggest
- Add Reveillark/Sun Titan + Karmic Guide + a sac outlet + a creature with an ETB trigger like Murderous Redcap = infinite ETBs.
- Add Vesperlark + Felidar Guardian + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Sun Titan + Gift of Immortality + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Zealous Conscripts + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker = infinite hasty pirates.
Cards I recommend ditching:
- Remove Carrion Grub Its basically 4 mana for 4 cards milled, that isn't worth it.
- Remove Sunforger You only have 6 legal Sunforger targets, it isn't worth it to keep it in.
- Remove Dictate of Erebos You don't need this if you can just get a Ravenous Chupacabra out and keep recurring it.
- Remove Mindclaw Shaman This was a card that I found didn't do much when I played it, there are alot of other creatures with better ETB effects.
- Remove Relic Seeker There isn't much of a need to fetch a piece of equipment since you only have Sunforger, Sword of the Animist, and Skullclamp.
Feel Free to check out my RBW Alesha's Beautiful Smile combo deck for ideas.