Dictate of Erebos
Whenever a creature you control dies, each opponent sacrifices a creature.
|Want (2)||Artazil , jsshadow|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Dictate of Erebos Discussion
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
I don't think Mutual Destruction is a bad choice here, but seeing as the only synergy it has is Dictate of Erebos , you could probably do better. Bone Shards is more versatile, Attrition can have more uses, or Flesh Allergy can actually kill someone with enough death triggers. just food for thought.
1 month ago
Testing 1v1 against my Kresh deck. The Thing has the potential to flood the board with annoying little tokens and a boatload of card draw, but that potential was never fulfilled. Kresh was just too aggressive. This list could not reliably stop Kresh from doing what Kresh does… destroy your board before you can build it.
When The Thing worked, it was during matches in which Confirm Suspicions or some other investigate spell gave you enough draw power to find answers. Twice I had to sac Kresh… losing his counters… and recast him because of Winter's Rest . But there aren’t many effects like it in the deck, and I had to dig deep for it.
Let me try with another deck that isn’t so destruction-focused, but my first impression is that this list needs more lands, and more ramp. I was forced to mulligan more than I'd like. A couple options that sorta fit the theme...
1 month ago
Hey lobsternips! Thought I'd jump in and give you my take on what you've got going on. Your noncreature spells look fantastic, not much I would take out, but if you can find a way to fit in some creature recursion in Rise of the Dark Realms or Thrilling Encore with your mass creature destruction in dictate or Killing Wave . Also bounce-type effects like Conjurer's Closet could make use of your etb effects, you'd definitely see some usefulness there. The only problem I see with this deck is its SUPER heavy into red, there are some non-red Goblins out there, but you'd basically be playing a Red deck splashing white and black for support. However, Goblins are funny and mean just like Negan.
Creature Suggestions Show
Goblin Recruiter : Very good for Goblin decks, worth an inclusion in my opinion.
Goblin Chirurgeon : Decent if you have enough Goblins in play. Protects your board from most board wipes.
Warren Instigator : Very good for this deck, basically free cast your Goblins when he connects.
Wort, Boggart Auntie : Really nice built in recursion on a creature. Would work really well considering the gameplan you have.
Goblin Sledder : You ever want to ride a Goblin?
Species Specialist : Nice little inclusion to draw your whole deck when the time comes.
Munitions Expert : Kaboom am I right?
Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician : Cheeky little Goblin man. Makes your 1/1s explode when they're blocked.
Goblin Tribal spells Show
- Boggart Birth Rite : Decent little recursion spell.
- Fodder Launch : Synergystic kill spell for Negan, Goblins and making your opponent mad.
- Warren Weirding : Good if you target yourself, and also good if you target your opponents.
- Boggart Shenanigans : Targets players and walkers. Very good when you're ready to wipe your own board.
- Brightstone Ritual : Not really a tribal spell, but very VERY good for mana ramp. Would work wonders with Goblin Offensive .
- Last-Ditch Effort : Funny card, fitting art. Killer with Dictate of Erebos .
Utility Cards Show
- Throne of the God-Pharaoh : If you're going wide, this is a fantastic inclusion. Swing in at everyone and then have them all lose a TON of life.
- Vault of the Archangel : I love Behind the Scenes so much. Very good inclusion. But what if they had Deathtouch and Lifelink for basically the same cost? Worth thinking about lol
- Talisman of Hierarchy : To complete your Talisman set!
Hope I helped some, I probably didn't seeing as I gave more inclusion suggestions rather than cuts. If you decide on doing one thing like "Go Wide" or "Go Tall", adjust your cards to reflect that. Aside from that good luck on your deckbuilding!
2 months ago
As a baseline, you'll need to add lands, which I'm sure you know. Since you're making Treasure and Gold tokens in this deck you'd probably be good with roughly 34-36 lands, leaning more to the most mana color you'll need, say like a 25/25/50 split if thats what you're going for.
While I do like Gisela, Blade of Goldnight and Tariel, Reckoner of Souls they have a high mana cost as most good Angels do, while Tariel synergizes well with your strategy she does have that randomness factor and would advise a more reliable and consistent option. Gisela speeds up the game. As a player this is good and accelerates the game, but as an opponent my first priority would be to get rid of Gisela and that paints an even bigger target on your back.
Restoration Angel is fantastic for your edict effects, at face value. You'd need to run flicker effects to really make it shine. Basandra, Battle Seraph seems really good, forcing people to attack is nice and it prevents players from casting anything in combat, however it means instant speed removal will be used before the combat step. This also stops you from casting spells in combat.
As for Human synergy, I really like Teysa Karlov , Thalisse, Reverent Medium , Queen Marchesa , General's Enforcer and Fain, the Broker . All of them work very well with the token strategy, especially Teysa and Thalisse
Things I wouldn't necessarily include are cards like Juri, Master of the Revue (as good as she is with Fling ), General Kudro of Drannith (incidental unless you go all in on the Human tribal strategy), Devout Chaplain (same reason for Kudro), or Dire Fleet Hoarder (basically a one time effect unless you jump through the Teysa hoop, yes it does give you a Treasure token, but at a cost of 2 mana and the creature dying).
As for Demons I really like the Archfiend of Depravity and Rakdos, the Showstopper , their mass sacrifice effects are wonderful, however Rakdos does effect your board heavily unless you play to his synergies, you wouldn't want Negan to die to his effect would you?
-When it comes to your Dragons, I think you hit the nail on the head, nothing I would really change or take out. Allows for Magda, Brazen Outlaw to have a decent outlet if you don't want an artifact.
-Finally, the other things you've got going. Dockside should just be an auto-include, albeit a heavy price tag, but if you can get one you should definitely include it.
Dark Impostor , while mana intensive is still a decent mana sink that can function effectively as targeted removal. Definitely keep your edict creatures, they are super useful and trigger Negan, and thats what you want.
Starnheim Aspirant is useful if you go super heavy into the Angel theme, but if you skimp on the Angel theme this could very often be a dead card.
Storm-Kiln Artist , I like this a lot for this deck, can be a beater, and generates value.
Vault Robber , seems bad, and bad to do. Synergizes with Magda and makes Treasure tokens, but thats really it... PLUS it requires you to have a creature in YOUR grave. I'd cut this, but if you have a reason to play it I'm not seeing immediately play it in your deck.
Viscera Seer , good card, good sac outlet, not much else to say.
Creatures I'd include based on what I've seen: Solemn Simulacrum , Burnished Hart and Mayhem Devil . Some good ramp and a decent damage dealer if you'd like to play a cheap one. Plus the Devil is great at just 3 mana.
Angelic Renewal is basically a one time effect. While good, there are better recursion spells out there, but this one does fit the Angel theme so thats really cool. :D
Aside from that, I think that's a decent spread of enchantments. Nothing to add really, love the inclusion of the Sagas and Revel in Riches .
- Shiny Impetus is good for token generation, but don't play a sacrifice creature to have that player just get rid of it, deceptively good and bad.
The Eldest Reborn is also another good saga to include if you want another edict type effect, and when it does go off you can get what you want from players' graveyards.
The three signets for your colors, Arcane Signet as well.
Panharmonicon to double up on edict effects.
- Approach of the Second Sun : Does provide you an effective way to win, very good card for a deck like this especially if the game goes long.
- Brass's Bounty . Love it, not much else to say.
- Contract Killing fits the theme and the flavor. Love it.
- Damnable Pact is good card draw for you, and useful against someone who flies too close to the sun.
- Debt to the Deathless / Entreat the Angels . While both good, is not something you want to draw into early game or open with. I would highly suggest playing less finisher cards like these, but if you wanna play em don't let me stop you.
- Killing Wave . Love it, super good.
- Necrotic Hex . Expensive, but great effect.
- Excavation Technique is actually a really good spell. Synergizes with Magecraft like WoTC intended and is deceptive for your opponents.
- Increasing Devotion / Finale of Glory . One of these is better than the other. I'll let you decide which is which.
- Heartless Pillage / Seize the Spoils . I really like both of these cards as spells and thematically. They work well for Negan and as spells for you to Pillage and Loot with as you please.
- Ruinous Ultimatum / Tragic Arrogance : Both are fantastic, especially as finisher spells. I'd make a point to include both so you have an option when you're ready to win(IE: Revel in Riches in play with a ton of creatures on board, its akin to vandalblasting with a lettuce on board).
2 months ago
2 months ago
To stay more in black, I would consider some sort of vampire sacrifice, counters, and/or lifedrain strategy. Your black cards that could work well in such a deck would be Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim , Embodiment of Agonies , Kambal, Consul of Allocation , Knight of the Ebon Legion , Mortician Beetle , Souls of the Faultless , Castigate , Disentomb , Gerrard's Verdict , Revival / Revenge , Despark , and Grim Return . Most of the other black cards are at least playable as well. The only two I'd cut in most circumstances are Underworld Dreams and In Garruk's Wake . The former needs more build-around while the latter just costs too much to be a consistent boardwipe.
Cards I'd look at adding for such a build might be Gatekeeper of Malakir , Anowon, the Ruin Sage , Sangromancer , Dictate of Erebos , Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet , Victim of Night , Indulgent Aristocrat , Pawn of Ulamog , Grim Haruspex , Silversmote Ghoul , Yahenni, Undying Partisan , Vampire Nighthawk , Vampire of the Dire Moon , Malakir Cullblade , Blood Artist , Urge to Feed , Feast of Blood , Heliod, Sun-Crowned , Archangel of Thune , Cruel Celebrant , Drana's Emissary , Indulging Patrician , Malakir Bloodwitch , Marauding Blight-Priest , Sanctum Seeker , Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose , and Pious Evangel Flip.
2 months ago
Pikobyte From the few games ive played so far, deck seems pretty control-y, with Butcher of Malakir and Dictate of Erebos out, can pretty much boardwipe as long as i have some tokens or something. Having Spore Frog and Siren Stormtamer out can stop most things from what ive seen.
As for budget, I might not be able to afford some of the more really expensive cards but i have a bit of pocket change. On my list to add i have Caustic Caterpillar , Buried Alive and i thinking of adding Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools as well. any other suggestions?