Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature card in a graveyard
When Animate Dead enters the battlefield, if it's on the battlefield, it loses "enchant creature card in a graveyard" and gains "enchant creature put onto the battlefield with Animate Dead." Return enchanted creature card to the battlefield under your control and attach Animate Dead to it. When Animate Dead leaves the battlefield, that creature's controller sacrifices it.
Enchanted creature gets -1/-0.
|Want (4)||Dragero , wkli6 , plibt , Kotaff|
Combos Browse all
- Animate Dead + Worldgorger Dragon
- Animate Dead + Blasting Station
- Animate Dead + Gray Merchant of Asphodel + Viscera Seer
- Animate Dead + Leonin Relic-Warder + Mayhem Devil
- Animate Dead + Scourge of Valkas + Worldgorger Dragon
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Animate Dead occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Animate Dead Discussion
1 week ago
You might like these: Larceny, Coastal Piracy, Bident of Thassa, Inkfathom Infiltrator, Syr Konrad, the Grim, Bloodchief Ascension, Spark Double, Animate Dead, Memory Plunder, Spelltwine, Havengul Lich, Fireshrieker, Cloak and Dagger, Bruvac the Grandiloquent, Prickly Boggart, Thada Adel, Acquisitor
2 weeks ago
I have a Malfegor deck!
He's better off as a utility piece in your command zone rather than trying to build the deck around him. I play it as a synergy through discard deck. Pretty much all the Megrim effects, wheels in Rackdos colors, and a reanimator package (Reanimate, Animate Dead, Necromancy, Dance of the Dead, and Command the Dreadhorde). The World gorger Dragon combo makes a decent win condition. My favorite synergy in the deck is between Avaricious Dragon and Ghirapur Orrery :D
1 month ago
The deck seems to be going in too many directions at once to function effectively. I think, my best advice would be to eliminate the +1/+1 strategy, because you aren't really leaning into it and it doesn't create good synergy with your commander. I might even drop the green out altogether and pick a different partner commander ensuring black is in the color identity, such as Vial Smasher the Fierce.
If it was me, I'd lean heavily into pushing cards into your graveyard and then recurring them in multiple ways. You want transmute there with Ramirez to reuse already. I'd want want to dump a lot of the current draw package and instead pull in discard draw to push more cards to your graveyard for recursion. The red in Vial Smasher the Fierce would allow you to easily lean into this with draw like Tormenting Voice, Faithless Looting, Intuition and the 20 other options just like it. Then package in a more effective recursion suite, such as Phyrexian Reclamation, Animate Dead, Reanimate, Unburial Rites or Yawgmoth's Will. I don't think a transmute sub-theme is a problem. You might be able to lean into in some games, but there definitely aren't enough good transmute cards to be the main theme. For wincon, you could go more voltron and Vial Smasher the Fierce is beneficial in this by being a damage dealer on its own. For Voltron, I'd focus on pump spells and trample givers that are one-time spends that you can then pull back to your and rinse and repeat.
Thanks for using custom sorting. I always find it so much easier to review a deck that way.
1 month ago
Lhurgyof - I would personally keep those cards away from Syr Konrad and use them in deck with K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, Vilis, Broker of Blood, etc... also from the new set: Profane Transfusion (I know this is few months old comment, so you probably know about it already).
nieds - I see you already got a lot of really good cards, I'll just type some of them that I cut out since they're kinda meh in this kind of deck below. Anyway, you can check my Syr Konrad's deck here: For the Void. Im still switching few cards, explaining why I chose every card in the deck description, etc. I decided to go with mix of reanimator+aristocrats with several infinite combos. So I would welcome any feedback aswell and you might get some inspiration right there! :)
Some cards I would cut and why:
1) Loxodon Warhammer - is good in voltron / attack based decks, but here it looks like a random card that can gives you some life back (which black/other artifacts can do just better than lifelink artifact), but for 6 mana its meh. You could replace it with Shadowspear, which is three times mana cheaper and provides you with another utility ability. Or simply Bontu's Monument as another pseudo mana rock that also gives you a bit of life.
2) Sensei's Divining Top - I know SDT is amazing on its own, but I wouldnt personally bother with it, unless you would go for the Aetherflux Reservoir + Bolas's Citadel + Sensei's Divining Top combo. I would switch it for either Viscera Seer (as another free sac outlet), or my choice for my deck was Shadows of the Past (with any infinite creature generator+sac and Bolas's Citadel, you can just "tutor" and cast whatever you want from top of your deck - think I explained it in my deck's description already or I add it sometime later).
3) Painful Quandary - Again, good card, just doesnt fit that well in my opinion. Goes well with Mindcrank and Archfiend of Despair but thats probably about it. I would rather put it in some discard focused deck. Instead of this, card like Morality Shift would be really cool for sure. Or cards like Forever Young / Gravepurge / Death Denied to proc Syr Konrad's ability and recast them with Bolas's Citadel + another card draw sources. Or you could also stick to enchantments liie Mortuary/Haunted Crossroads (parts of my infinite combos).
4) From planeswalkers I would personally keep only Liliana of the Dark Realms (to help with land drops and deck thining) and Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools (creates more tokens than Lilianas, decent card-draw and punish opponents for letting you -10 him). Other Lilianas are not bad for sure, just either slow or not that fascinating as they seems to be. Karns are just out of place.
Cards I would put in for sure:
1) Tortured Existence - even on its own, it triggers Syr Konrad's ability twice and only for everytime! As you might already know, I use it with Phyrexian Altar and Desecrated Tomb to make infinite etb/die/sac triggers.
2) Bog Witch - discarding (creature) cards to trigger Syr Konrad's ability; is basically Dark Ritual on a stick which you could use to Reanimate/Animate Dead/Victimize right after. Also is 1/1, so another target for your Skullclamp.
3) Doom Whisperer - big good stuff with ability to filter your deck and put creatures directly from your library into the graveyard.
4) Haunted Crossroads - even on its own, its great way to get your creatures back (on top of library for Bolas's Citadel), next to Phyrexian Reclamation.
5) Emergence Zone - simply to give your spells Flash when you would need them, really nice utility land (similar is Winding Canyons but only for creatures, so eh).
6) Malakir Rebirth Flip - cheap way to "protect" your creature, triggering Syr Konrad's ability or another land if needed.
7) Tainted Strike - absolute game winning beast card with Syr Konrad and either any creature/sac generator, boardwipe with 10+ creatures on board, or discard/mill cards.
8) Diabolic Intent - you got plenty of token generators, so this is just mana-cheap tutor.
9) Feed the Swarm - more ways to deal with enchantments and creatures.
I hope some of this will help and you like some of those cards! :)
1 month ago
Some Commander Legends updates:
uninvited, Spire of Industry finally in, added the Vault of Whispers and Ancient Den as well as the Mox Opal to support. Thrill of Possibility has been good too at getting Worldgorger Dragon or Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker out of hand.
LordKunai, Leyline Tyrant just runs too slow, not going to commit him to the deck. Lion's Eye Diamond / Lurrus of the Dream-Den lines would be nice if you have a LED. Imperial Recruiter let's you really go for the Leonin Relic-Warder combo piece. If you want to go that route, I would remove the Worldgorger Dragon combo completely, and also include Recruiter of the Guard. I replaced Steelshaper's Gift with Open the Armory, wasn't a significant change. With it in though, I was thinking take Corpse Dance out since I have the extra Animate Dead tutor, which abandons the Dockside Extortionist / Corpse Dance line, which never happens anyway. WGD has T1 potentials (like my Buried Alive/Reanimate Line) but Bogardan Hellkite is SOOO bad, I was even thinking to try Omen of the Forge instead.
Need this card: Bogardan Drake, BR, Dragon, Flash, Flying, Haste 1/1. When Bogardan Drake enters the battlefield deal 1 damage to any target. Dash R or something lol to replace Bogardan Hellkite, there just isn't anything Flash/Instant in the game of magic.
1 month ago
Hey ! It's my pleausure !
If you're not familiar with Legacy, the main difference between it and most formats is the large number of viable combo decks that you need to be mindful of. Every combo deck has its specificities but typically, with your kind of deck, you want to play the tempo game against them: you want to disrupt them just enough so that you can kill them before they recover. Every once in a while you'll get an insane opener like Dark Ritual -> Spoils of the Vault for Death's Shadow go to 3 -> double Death's Shadow -> kill t2 but it's pretty unlikely and they'll usually be faster than you, meaning that an all out aggro strategy will not do it. Those decks can kill t1 (again, pretty unlikely) but it's not unreasonnable to assume they'll win by t3 if left unchecked.
In Legacy, and even more with your deck, you want to be extremely efficient with your disruption because ressource management is tighter than in standard for example. So you need to identify what's most important in your opponent's deck. Here are some examples:
Reanimator: take first Entomb then a reanimation spell. They only have Entomb but usually pack 4 copies of Reanimate, Exhume and 2-4 copies of Animate Dead, making the first effect more redundant than the second.
I think your deck will have particularly bad match-ups against recursive graveyard strategies like Hogaak, Dredge or Loam decks, so you'll need to dedicate a few cards in your SB to grave hate. For your deck the best would probably be Surgical Extraction but it's on the expensive side. Extirpate is a nice budget alternative, but the fact it costs mana can sometimes be problematic. I also like the OG Tormod's Crypt and I'd do a mix of both; Extirpate being more generally good against combo and Tormod's Crypt being more efficient. However, I'd keep away from Planar Void. In general you prefer to avoid middling options. You don't care that effect is permanent because you plan on killing them quickly after hitting them with grave hate and, being both less versatile and flexible than Extirpate (instant and good against some non graveyard combo decks) and less efficient than Tormod's Crypt (does not cost mana and better topdeck), it does not really excell at anything.
Obviously, if you have time, it's better that you try all this by yourself to interiorize it, but I think this is the general approach you want to adopt when looking at legacy. Figure out your role in the match-up, identify what cards are important, go for efficient and specialized answers rather than generally good but not excellent options.
1 month ago
Hey, a challenge I accept :) Here's what I have so far, Too Much Disk.
My idea is Esper Control/Reanimator to abuse the repeatable Disk effect with Nevinyrral. To take advantage of Sun Titan + Apprentice Necromancer interaction to repeatedly reanimate Recruiter of the Guard and Heliod's Pilgrim who can tutor all the combo pieces I need. Animate Cat combo is the true win condition I'm playing: Animate Dead + Blood Artist + Leonin Relic-Warder. Since my version is $200 budget my choices for expensive price cards other than lands are Recruiter of the Guard and Liliana, Dreadhorde General.
What are your thoughts on Nevinyrral? How would you make a deck with him?