|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Stacking CoCo hit ETB abilities
- Does Metallic Mimic trigger Thalia's Lieutenant?
- metallic mimic and zombies
- Metallic Mimic and Nebelgast Herald / Spirits
- If I cast Metallic Mimic while I have a Panharmonicon on the battlefield, name Human and Werewolf, and then cast Village Messenger, how many +1/+1 counters get put on the messenger?
Artifact Creature — Shapeshifter
As Metallic Mimic enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Metallic Mimic is the chosen type in addition to its other types.
Each other creature you control of the chosen type enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it.
Metallic Mimic Discussion
17 hours ago
You are right, i made some changes Twilight Prophet isn‘t good anymore because of the low cmc cost.
Changeling seems good as well.
Metallic Mimic works in my deck very good, this card is game aproved. All your vampires and tokens are 2/2 after turn 2.
Vanquisher's Banner is a cut card, i wasn‘t sure, Bit you are right
Land changes done ;)
22 hours ago
Hi, today I thought about some changes that would make your deck faster.
- Stensia Masquerade --> Changeling Outcast - this enchantment hurts more than it helps in my opinion. You're better off with "Vampire" that is unblockable so creates an early threat.
- Twilight Prophet --> Minions' Murmurs - not a vampire this time but you get more immediate draw as opposed to slow effect that requires at least turn cycle to start working.
- Metallic Mimic --> Bloodthrone Vampire - Mimic is not a vampire and it's help is minescule, I'd rather put nice vampire that can work as a sac outlet for all those Blood Artist effects.
- Vampire Nighthawk --> Olivia's Bloodsworn - best vampires for Edgar are low costed so you get the same evasion and potential to give some key creatures haste. Also it hurts less from Ad Nauseam .
- Vanquisher's Banner --> Wheel of Fortune or Dark Confidant or Night's Whisper (depending on budget you have) - I personally don't like banner for it's high cost and if you really want better card draw there are way better and cheaper (at least CMC-wise) cards.
- Sunbaked Canyon --> Caves of Koilos - just minor change, I personally think that your deck just like mine needs lands that provide first and then fixing since turn 3 Necropotence sets you up for an amazing game.
1 week ago
oh also if you wanted to keep it as demon as possible whislt fleshing out the lower part of your curve try changeling/shapeshifters. I know its not quite demons thematically but its closer than nothing:
1 week ago
2 ways I would build SG on a budget:
Zombie token makers ( Liliana's Reaver ) + Zombie Token lords ( Eternal Skylord ) + kill spells ( Go for the Throat ); since SG makes zombie tokens you can kill an opponent's best creature, reanimate it, and it will get buffed. You will proactively make zombies for offense/defense while reactively killing problem creatures and turning them into your minions.
Strong enter-the-battlefield trigger creatures ( Plaguecrafter ) + Arcane Adaptation + kill spells ( Murder ); since SG makes a token of the exiled creature, being able to get a second trigger is great. With AA you obviously name "zombies" and now all your creatures boost SG' upkeep trigger. You are controlling opponents through your creatures entering the battlefield while, again, you are using kill spells to get rid of threatening creatures you want to turn into zombies.
2 other viable routes, though less 'zombie,' are discard via spells ( Syphon Mind ) and creatures ( Liliana's Specter ) to which you reanimate creatures your opponents' discard & mill via creatures ( Consuming Aberration ) and spells ( Mind Grind ).
You chose a lot of good zombies but I would ask whether they are good enough that you would reanimate? While SG promotes creatures, I would not forget about relevant zombie-focused spells. Ex. Apprentice Necromancer is cute but I would cut it for Cemetery Recruitment since it draws a card too or Ghoulcaller's Chant which grabs 2 back.
I would add more card advantage ( Ambition's Cost , Ancient Craving , Live Fast ) and ramp ( Mind Stone , Dimir Cluestone , Seer's Lantern ). I would shoot 10+ sources of each because nothing is less fun than not being able to cast your spells and top-decking.
The inclusion of Paradox Haze is a great idea!
1 week ago
1 week ago
1 week ago
1 week ago
Hey, consider Warriors with Zurgo as Commander and Aurelia, the Warleader at the top of the mana curve?
There's many budget Warriors. Some that stand out are Mindblade Render , Rushblade Commander , Alesha, Who Smiles at Death , Ash Zealot , Bloodsoaked Champion , Blood-Chin Rager , Blood-Chin Fanatic , Arashin Foremost , Brutal Hordechief , Azra Oddsmaker ,etc. Aurelia is not a Warrior, but she can come into play after Zurgo for big double combat phases swings. Some budget pay offs for being tribal are: Raiders' Spoils , Shared Animosity , Obsidian Battle-Axe , Blood-Chin Fanatic , Arashin Foremost , Metallic Mimic , etc.
Zurgo benefits a lot from repeatable double strike being able to potentially do 14 or more points of Commander damage with one Zurgo attack. Arashin Foremost , Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder , Duelist's Heritage , Fireshrieker , Ajani, Caller of the Pride . Boros Charm is also an excellent card in Commander.
Metallic Mimic occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.07%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%