|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Stacking CoCo hit ETB abilities
- Does Metallic Mimic trigger Thalia's Lieutenant?
- metallic mimic and zombies
- Metallic Mimic and Nebelgast Herald / Spirits
- If I cast Metallic Mimic while I have a Panharmonicon on the battlefield, name Human and Werewolf, and then cast Village Messenger, how many +1/+1 counters get put on the messenger?
Artifact Creature — Shapeshifter
As Metallic Mimic enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Metallic Mimic is the chosen type in addition to its other types.
Each other creature you control of the chosen type enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it.
Metallic Mimic Discussion
13 hours ago
Spark Double copying Marchesa for double Dethrone, the 2 Marchesas protect each other, and the copy enters with a counter immediately protecting itself.
Diabolic Intent is arguably better than Demonic Tutor here... run both.
Metallic Mimic fits your theme and you can either immediately protect Marchesa or abuse ETB/Death triggers every turn instead of once per round.
I'd also suggest Flayer of the Hatebound , Sage of Fables , and Ashnod's Altar for a great infinite damage/draw option (see paragraph below) and to give damage outside of combat. All these cards are good on their own in Marchesa. Sage immediately protects Marchesa (or abuse wizard etb/death like Vindictive Lich ), Altar is a free sac outlet that lets you dodge exile, tuck, etc. boardwipes, and Flayer with a free sac outlet is 36 damage (5+4 every turn) per round in a 4 player game.
Sac Flayer to Altar, float the from Altar, Flayer re-enters from undying and hits someone for 5, and then use the floating to remove Flayers counter and draw a card with Sage. Rinse and repeat until all opponents are certifiably dead.
1 day ago
Nifty list. I don't have the cards or meta that you do, playing a more casual styled meta, and I play 1 v 1 30 life commander, so my list is very different, though in many cases I can see why we have different cards. But there are some things that I am curious about and I do have some suggestions. Hopefully you find some of them helpful.
Pouncing Jaguar has 2 power for a 1 drop cat, but 1 mana echo seems very annoying. Steppe Lynx may need landfall, but I imagine in the early turns this is achievable and you can save your mana for other things. Given your artifact hate I imagine players will trigger Leonin Elder often enough to give little life boosts. Glittering Lynx can also be randomly annoying for a 1 drop cat. Sure, they aren't 2 power starters, but at the start neither is Leonin Vanguard , which you run as an early game pressure card.
Do you love your life so much for your lifegain plan to use Spirit Loop ? I'm not sure I'd use a card with little other purpose. Given your buffs standards Battle Mastery seems ok, Silverblade Paladin should be a favorite, a creature to tutor for combos with cats, especially Lost Leonin , is good alongside its own 2/2 double strike frame. Grafted Wargear is nice, though I suppose with artifact removal the drawback stings, though it can't be much worse than a combat tricked creature removal on king of the pride. Still, grafted is faster than Heirloom Blade .
Pendelhaven is a better forest in most cases, a free 1 power boost in addition to being an untapped green source. I have enjoyed Mutavault as getting under the radar as a cat land. For ramp is burning a and to draw so good to use it over nature's lore or an artifact like Arcane Signet , even with your artifact hate out?
Skyhunter Skirmisher eats life quickly, though as a 3 drop that needs Arahbo to sink into it you might find it slow and weak to removal's tempo. Rhonas serves as such 3 drop support with a bit of added mana sink damage. As far as swarm boosts go Metallic Mimic is an early game 2 drop cat option that rewards swarming multiple cats.
2 days ago
Maybe add Murderous Redcap shenanigans? Works best with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed which isn't the cheapest suggestion but Metallic Mimic works if you name either goblin or assassin. Flayer of the Hatebound may be in the realm of what you're looking for as well.
You already have some good sac outlets but you may want to add Viscera Seer .
1 week ago
+1 my guy. @Your post
Darkblast is probably playable.
Phyrexian Reclamation is a great way to access your graveyard.
I would remove most of your milling artifacts to make room for some of the above, more draw, more removal, and 4-5 board wipes ( Boompile and Oblivion Stone effects are a must in monoblack). You have strong combos with Syr Konrad and I would focus on drawing/ tutoring into those while you control the board a bit more. With more interaction it'll be less of a glass cannon and more fun to play with and against.
1 week ago
This looks pretty good, although I feel like it would be nice to have a bit more payoff for playing all Humans besides Thalia's Leiutenant. Unfortunately it looks like the options are pretty limited in these colors but a few options would be Metallic Mimic , Icon of Ancestry , and Cavalry Pegasus .
1 week ago
Ok, I've ran Marchesa for several years now albeit not theft focused. First thing is work on lowering your avg. cmc to 3.5 or less (preferably 3.3ish).
Spark Double copying Marchesa for double dethrone, the two copies protect one another, and the copy enters immediately protecting itself.
Sage of Fables / Metallic Mimic - Immediately protects Marchesa and they also allow you to abuse ETB/Death triggers on everyone's turn instead of once per round. I.e. Sower of Temptation , Vindictive Lich , etc.
Skullclamp is excellent here with all the sacrificing going on.
I'll try to suggest cuts if I get a minute but I'd skim off the top (Primordials etc). Feel free to check out my list for inspiration, it's one of the top rated Marchesa lists on this site. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Every Masochist Needs a Marchesa To Love Them
1 week ago
If you want to build Jund Boggarts, I'd look at Andrew's Shattergang deck from Commander Clash a couple weeks ago. Grumgully, the Generous / Metallic Mimic + Persist creatures is a great way to win.
2 weeks ago
BMHKain but it's so much easier to add cards haha. These are the cards I would cut:
- Auriok Champion - is somewhat restrictive in 5 colors, and the card isn't very impactful.
- Zhur-Taa Druid - Does not produce colors that you wouldn't already have, and the damage is negligible in most scenarios.
- Thalia's Lieutenant - Requires a more token-based strategy to be impactful.
- Knight of the Reliquary - Situational mana fixing that doesn't ramp in your build.
- Burning-Tree Emissary - Not great at mana fixing, only seems good if you've already assembled a nice recursion engine at which point you probably don't need this.
- Champion of the Parish - Kinda vanilla.
- Crucible of Worlds - Doesn't seem that impactful. Dragon's Hoard or Coalition Relic would be better in my opinion.
- Odric, Master Tactician - Needs at least 4 dudes on board to work, and seems to be most useful when you're already winning.
- Metallic Mimic - Not very impactful here.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation - Not very impactful here.
- Emergence Zone - You already have a couple other things that do this better.
- Anafenza, the Foremost - Unless your playgroup always has a graveyard deck at the table, I would take this out. Anafenza can hose you if somebody copies or steals it.
- Lavinia, Azorius Renegade - To me this kinda just reads "nobody can cast Pacts", which isn't that great an effect.
- Fatespinner - This card is more a minor annoyance than a threat.
- Angel of Glory's Rise - Great effect, but exiles your general. Patriarch's Bidding might be better.
Metallic Mimic occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.07%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%