|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions||Mythic Rare|
|New Phyrexia||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Sword of War and Peace
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from red and from white.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, Sword of War and Peace deals damage to that player equal to the number of cards in his or her hand and you gain 1 life for each card in your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||AAHFI , Big-Foot , Justinaut , warcry02 , Nemesis , L4DMalus , Poptartz95|
|Want (6)||, bradyofportdetroit , Roadhog , Psycheretic , KevinLS , golgarigirl|
Sword of War and Peace Discussion
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
Artifact equipment is nice and synergistic to Akiri but you have a lot of them that would easily be considered overcosted garbage and dead draw. In commander, you need protection if you're running voltron. Boros does not have a lot of that. Some good protection doesn't come cheap. The best in artifacts for this deck are any and all of the swords: Sword of Feast and Famine, Sword of Fire and Ice, Sword of Light and Shadow, and Sword of War and Peace all being great for commander.
You will also want to invest in better creature support. You have a lot of creatures that are basically one and done or have very little going for them, making them 0 threat to any board. I would recommend some creatures who help you with your voltron build or grant you some utility. Stoneforge Mystic, Stonehewer Giant, Godo, Bandit Warlord, and Puresteel Paladin.
You also need draw or your games will be top decking games really quick. Not to mention some ramp. Sword of the Animist, Land Tax, Knollspine Dragon, Nahiri, the Harbinger, Staff of Nin, Mind's Eye. Reforge the Soul, and Solemn Simulacrum.
3 weeks ago
zenbeni: First of all, thank you very much for your suggestions. Secondly, I can't cut Sword of War and Peace because the challenge was to build a deck with all five swords. Next, you are definitely right about adding a few other things. I think I will make these changes:
+2 Spell Snare
Lastly, I will not be adding Ojutai's Command to the list for a few reasons. One, I don't need it to bring back a Squadron Hawk as that's what Mistveil Plains is for. And secondly, while the other modes are strong, they don't have what I want in a four-mana card. Don't forget to +1 if you liked the deck!
3 weeks ago
I think Snapcaster Mage and maybe Cryptic Command do not fit in your current list even if they are powerful staples (cryptic is always good btw). You have too few spells to flashback with snapcaster, maybe just one is enough or removing it completely. Ojutai's Command could also be very great with your deck to call back a Squadron Hawk or Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip from graveyard, also easier to cast than Cryptic Command and nearly as versatile.
Your deck will struggle the first turns, you only have Path to Exile as a 4-of to survive. Adding some Remand, Censor, Spell Snare or Condemn, Blessed Alliance can help you. 7 interactive spells should be enough for the first 2 turns (also with 7 spells, snapcaster is way more powerful and fits well).
So I'll remove 1 Sword of War and Peace as it seems like the weakest of your swords, 1 Detention Sphere, 1 Snapcaster Mage, 2 Cryptic Command, I'd add instead 1 Condemn, 1 Spell Snare, 1 Blessed Alliance, 1 Ojutai's Command and 1 Mirage Mirror. Maybe you can drop a land too or using cycling lands with Irrigated Farmland. Just my thoughts.
1 month ago
I feel like this deck really want to be running an equipment package of some sort. Here is a few good options Tenza, Godo's Maul, Hero's Blade, Helm of Kaldra, Shield of Kaldra, Sword of Kaldra, Batterskull, Sword of Body and Mind, Sword of Feast and Famine, Sword of Fire and Ice, Sword of Light and Shadow, Sword of War and Peace, and Sword of Vengeance.
1 month ago
Hey DespairFaction, thanks for the suggestions! I'll go through and address each one quickly:
- I'm not really a fan of Mask of Memory, as you have to connect to draw.
- Skullclamp should definitely be in the deck, I agree. I had it in here at one point, but then took it out because I had taken some token generators out (i.e. Assemble the Legion). Since the addition of Monastery Mentor, clamp deserves a slot.
- People in my meta do play lots of board wipes, which is why I really like Sword of Light and Shadow. It also dodges the best spot removal with the pro white and black. Fliers are often most common in those colors, and I don't want to get chumped.
- Sword of Fire and Ice is obviously a good value card and I will consider it. I've never really liked Sword of War and Peace as I feel it's the most variable of the Swords. It also negates Boros Charm double strike (although some of the others swords do, as well).
- Conqueror's Flail is one I hadn't considered before, and it looks awesome. Dragonlord Dromoka is a powerhouse and having that effect on an artifact I can tutor is sick. One of the biggest problems I have is if someone counters Aurelia, obviously.
- I had Spirit of the Labyrinth in here and it was underwhelming. It also makes Wheel of Fortune a dead card in hand.
- Armageddon seems much more efficient to me than Cataclysm, but if I wanted another effect I've considered running Cataclysmic Gearhulk instead. The main thing I don't like about the cards is that they wipe my mana rocks. With Armageddon and multiple mana rocks, I can often still cast spells.
- Insurrection is very slow for this deck, and if it's countered, I'm in big trouble. I aim to win far before that with commander damage. It's also contingent on board state and can be a dead card in hand, so I'm not a fan.
- I tried Tajic, Blade of the Legion and cut him almost immediately. He usually ends up being a vanilla beater with an upside that isn't worth the mana investment.
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm trying to make Aurelia as competitive as possible :)
1 month ago
Hey Im a long time Aurelia player. Here are a few suggestions for you. let me know what you think.
Mask of Memory and Skullclamp for more card draw. Sword of Light and Shadow is one of my least favorite of the cycle. However it can be good if you are running into a lot of board wipes, so just pay attention to how it is performing for you. Sword of Fire and Ice is awesome, but pricey. Sword of War and Peace is good for that blue player that likes draw a million cards. Conqueror's Flail looks awesome if you are facing counterspells. Spirit of the Labyrinth is great prison effect against a lot of people. Since you are not opposed to land destruction Cataclysm is great against decks that are trying to go too big or not commit threats to the board. Insurrection with Aurelia usually ends the game. Tajic, Blade of the Legion is good if you're on the token plan. Theres probably a ton more suggestions that I could make, but that seems good for now. enjoy!