Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Shapeshifter
Changeling *(This card is every creature type at all times.) *
Protection from black (This creature can't be blocked, targeted, dealt damage, enchanted or equipped by anything white.) -> Protection ((Remember the acronym debt.) This can't be damaged, enchanted, equipped, blocked or targeted by anything black. Anything black attached to this immediately falls off.)
: This gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is this creature's power.
2 months ago
Personally, I think you could take this down to a pure Selesnya deck. As I see it, the red creatures do not reliably combo or add enough value on their own. I would substitute in cards like Weathered Wayfarer and Knight of the Reliquary to give you an additional way of interacting with opponents. Imagine searching up lands like Bojuka Bog at will. Or heck at the end of an opponents turn grabbing a Treetop Village and swinging for an extra 4 the next turn.). These changes could help your manabase be less painful as well. You could also have room in your sideboard for creatures like Scavenging Ooze or Chameleon Colossus if your up for it. I have a couple more ideas for later if you want to explore them, but this is where I would start myself. Also don't get too attached to the 3 mana or less rule for cosmic rebirth. It can be a trap.
4 months ago
Hello, fellow cat and dog enjoyer. I noticed that you pretty much stuffed every cat or dog in naya colors in that you could find but not a single changeling. While changelings might not be satisfying since they don't look like a cat or a dog, they provide great value because they actually trigger Rin & Seris ability twice generating two tokens instead of just one. They also benefit from both lord effects. Notable examples of changelings are:
- Taurean Mauler
- Irregular Cohort
- Masked Vandal
- Impostor of the Sixth Pride (actually looks like a cat!)
- Chameleon Colossus
- Crib Swap : Removal that also nets you two tokens!
- Maskwood Nexus : Everything becomes a changeling. This means that every creature you cast will generate two tokens. For you deck, this is just a better Parallel Lives!
Additionally, you seem to have missed (or purposfully no included?) some rather powerful cats and dogs:
- Black Market Tycoon : Not the best ramp card, but it's ramp that is on theme!
- Oreskos Explorer : This dude gets better the more expensive your mana base is as he does fetch every Plain card not just basics.
- Qasali Pridemage : Suprised to see that one missing.
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos : It's just a good card for 3 mana, honestly.
- Feline Sovereign : Lord, you can never have enough of those
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist : Don't forget our favorite cursed cat. Her effect is actually really strong
- Prava of the Steel Legion : Lord
- Skyhunter Strike Force : Lord
- Alms Collector : On theme draw effect that can absolutely wreck your opponent if you flash it into a wheel effect. The secret lair artwork is also the most adorable cat you will ever own.
- Leonin Warleader : Stronk
- Qasali Slingers : Very good artifact and enchantment hate. Basically an on theme Aura Shards
- Loyal Warhound : On theme ramp.
Just a few for you to consider. I have a list of all good (in my opinion) cats and dogs in my Rin & Seri list: Rin and Seri
You also do not seem to have a lot of draw options in your deck. Depending on the pod you are playing in, board wipes might be present and can absolutely wreck your game plan. Draw effects help you recover from this. Sadly, Naya is not the best color combination for drawing cards and most of the good draw effects are really expensive. You can see some suggestions for draw effects in my deck list: Rin and Seri
I would highly recommend proxying if your pod allows it. Be careful with draw effect like Camaraderie or Shamanic Revelation. They look good on paper in a token theme but they are "win more" cards in my opinion. If your board got wiped and you draw into those cards, they will not do a thing to help you recover. A wheel effect like Wheel of Misfortune however, will draw you 7 fresh cards to start again.
Lastly, I would recommend getting some tutors in there. Eladamri's Call, Green Sun's Zenith, Natural Order and the like. The best card in your deck by far is Jetmir, Nexus of Revels. He is basically your secret commander. If you can resolve him with 9 creatures on the board, you can devastate your opponents out of the blue. All the more important to be able to find him if you need him.
That's all for now. Have fun!
5 months ago
Mutavault wurm manland
Chameleon Colossus solid wurm
6 months ago
Without a ton of tokens I'm not sure cards like Blood Artist and Zulaport Cutthroat will really help a lot. If you want to focus more on tokens maybe get Tend the Pests, Second Harvest, Chatterfang, Squirrel General etc.
I think you should get a few (or a lot) of cards like Rabid Bite that allow Shelob to just murder somebody and make a token. There are several (Instants and Sorceries, mostly green) and they tend to have a CMC low enough to fit inside a Isochron Scepter and so would all but one of the Instants you already have. I see your two artifact pingers there, those are a great start. Arcane Lighthouse would help with spells that target like that. A lot of creatures have abilities that will carry over in Artifact form and I really like some of the possibilities there.
8 months ago
Titania's Song causes all bananas to hit the graveyard as soon as they hit the battlefield and nerfs pretty much every artifact thats not a creature.
10 months ago
1 year ago
Have you considered Kessig Wolf Run to buff your hamsters?
Taurean Mauler and Chameleon Colossus are also great hamsters.
And Crop Rotation can fetch the land.
Just some thoughts, cheers and have fun!!!