Artifact Creature — Shapeshifter
Changeling (This card is every creature type.)
|Have (2)||sachiel2nd ,|
|Want (2)||ForxLion , dchaffee02|
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Universal Automaton Discussion
1 week ago
Hi king-saproling! Thanks for the suggestions! I guess I'll give some thoughts in as orderly a way as I can.
1) Coat of Arms I love this card and play it in a couple of my decks. My thoughts are that, though a great tribal card, it caters more to pumping weenies. In this case Giada pumps our weenies just fine, and the card is a bit redundant. At 5 mana in mono-white its also a bit high for this deck, but it is a great card and I could see maybe someone having success with it.
2) Icon of Ancestry I really like this card on release, but didn't enjoy it too much in other decks in commander (it was a decent Brawl card when that was a thing). 3 mana is a lot to look for a card that you might never draw, and it can be unsatisfying to play it. The anthem could be good in other context, but this deck doesn't really need it.
3) Adaptive Automaton and other changelings. My general thought on these is that I'd rather just play real angels. While they changelings get counters, they don't fly, and flying makes them way more threatening. If there were a shortage of angels I'd consider putting them in, but I'd rather add Angelic Curator than Impostor of the Sixth Pride. That being said, Giada is weenie angels, and I could see a case for Universal Automaton and Metallic Mimic based on cmc value alone. I'm not sure I could fit them in here, but they are the better options of this group!
4) Slate of Ancestry is a really interesting draw option. Its a bit mana intensive to get going, but it could provide the burst draw this deck needs more of. I'll definitely consider it!
5) Urza's Incubator is a great card, there's no doubt about it. I wouldn't question it in anyone's list! As for me, three of my ramp cards discount creatures, and Giada can only ramp angels, so I need more ramp that can put lands in play or at least help me cast non-creature, non-white stuff. If I already had this in my binder and it wasn't $50 in real world money (I own all my decks in paper), I might consider it. But I think my ramp is working now. That being said, by all means play it because its great!
6) Cauldron of Souls This is good protection from sweepers, and the counters are effectively negated. Nice! I'll definitely consider it.
7) Adarkar Valkyrie This is a good effect, but Cauldron does it better, and Twilight Shepherd is probably a better option. That being said, its a halfway decent angel but I probably won't do it myself.
1 week ago
Thoughts on these? Metallic Mimic, Universal Automaton, Impostor of the Sixth Pride, Urza's Incubator, Slate of Ancestry, Cauldron of Souls, Adarkar Valkyrie, Adaptive Automaton, Icon of Ancestry, Coat of Arms
2 weeks ago
Then the deck was full without me adding any of those ^^
1 month ago
Neat deck idea, I assume you're hoping to make the deck a bit stronger, so I took a look at the stuff you were concerned with.
You could try some Changelings maybe, there are some 1 drops like Universal Automaton and Changeling Outcast, which are all types and cost 1 mana for an otherwise useless creature. Maskwood Nexus is slower than all heck, but it's really strong in here I suspect.
If you want removal in White, Generous Gift will deal with most permanents, and giving them a 3/3 is usually good if you're stopping a combo/removing something huge. Swords to Plowshares and Path to Exile are very good removal if you are concerned with creatures in particular. Vanishing Verse is really interesting (but flubs vs multi-coloured stuff), Anguished Unmaking is really powerful but is pricey, while Vindicate is the king of sorcery speed solutions. If your meta has a lot of big creatures, Despark isn't a bad option, but it's dead vs low MV stuff, so probably not mainboard. Not quite 'removal', but Plague Engineer is a good 'sideboard' card vs any decks that use x/1 creatures, especially stuff like Elves. You could consider Dismember, you've got some life gain I guess?
To sneak out a Black 3 drop, you might run some Dark Ritual for big turn 1 plays. It can also sneak out a Maskwood Nexus. Culling the Weak also exists, and sacrificing a creature might not bother you here.
Hope some of this is helpful!
1 month ago
- out: Snowfield Sinkhole, Sulfurous Mire, Alpine Meadow, Cryptic Caves, Canyon Slough, Smoldering Marsh
- in: Legion Vanguard, Universal Automaton, Duskborne Skymarcher, Martyr of Dusk
2 months ago
Possible sideboard options
3 months ago
3 months ago
I use Haakon in my Meren deck, and I love the Universal Automaton I added, it's even better with Gravebreaker Lamia, you get a free to cast knight. Midnight Reaper is pretty good there as well, and can help dig, you can always sack it if the life loss matters.