You gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of creatures you control. Creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.
|Have (2)||jecder , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (2)||Dune101 , CurlsCoffeeCards_|
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
3 months ago
Hey, well done for your first three color deck with partners. Nice start and work in progress. Some good ideas and cards here, other than the obvious staples like Sol, Arcane, Tower, Swords, Farseek, Cultivate, etc.
Nice Fetch lands, Plunderer, Ghave, Beledros, Altar, Dawn, Wake, Intervention, Inkshield, Artist, Blot, Ranger, Remembrance, Damn, Infestation. I see win condition combos of Ghave + Altar + Artist and Life/Limb + Sporemound, but you could expand on token combos if that's the direction you want to go.
Six excellent lands here make up a large portion of the budget, the rest is fairly low budget thus my suggestions will be for lower budget. If I'm wrong about this and you would prefer more pricey options let me know.
My first comment is advice to improve on the basic structure (lands, ramp and draw). If you're interested in me continuing with more advice in other areas I can in another comment. Three areas to consider improving are amount of lands/color fixing from lands, more draw and more ramp.
- Mentor of the Meek --> Bad Moon
- Tireless Provisioner --> Transcendent Master
- Shamanic Revelation --> Killian, Ink Duelist
- Murmuring Bosk --> Glorious Anthem
- Woodland Chasm --> Vorpal Sword
- Snowfield Sinkhole --> Dramatic Finale
- Oketra's Monument
- Rite of Harmony
- Sandsteppe Citadel
- Caves of Koilos
- High Market
- Canopy Vista
- Evolving Wilds
- Terramorphic Expanse
32 lands is low amount with only 8 ramp sources. Consider adding some lands, at least 3 more and add at least 3 more ramp sources? 21 basic lands is a lot for a three color deck, that makes color fixing subpar from lands. By cutting a few basic lands for more dual lands it will help color fixing. You're playing green which gives you access to many different ramp options such as Tireless Provisioner who creates tokens. Take advantage of ramp when playing green.
Mentor of the Meek and Provisioner are helpful three drops for tokens because of their repeatable effects. Mentor and Shamanic Revelation take advantage of tokens for draw. You're creating 1/1 tokens which Prava makes them 2/5 when they enter the battlefield, but that's still 2 power for Mentor to be a repeatable draw source.
I see Verdant Catacombs and Windswept Heath which are great as well as Farseek, but I only see Temple Garden as the dual land these Fetch lands/Farseek can get. Consider adding a few more lands that the Fetch lands can get such as Murmuring Bosk? Farseek can get a black source from Woodland Chasm or Snowfield Sinkhole.
For some cuts, the cards I've chosen for you to consider are less impactful then others in your deck. Creatures who all they have is lifelink are not worth playing because you can get life from other sources that do much more. Transcendent Master is not worth the mana investment into it for what you eventually get.
Bad Moon is subpar because you don't have enough black creatures and the majority of token creatures are not black, they're white or green especially since Prava only creates white creatures. Dramatic Finale mana cost is too difficult to consistently make with three colors and only nontoken dies. Other anthems such as Glorious Anthem are fine since it affects all creatures you control, but in my opinion are not worth a card spot since all it does is +1/+1 pump.
Black in my opinion is better as a splash color here with dual lands and a few basic Swamps since green and white give you much more for tokens and life gain strategies. It takes a lot of black mana for Vorpal Sword to have a good effect which without a lot of treasures or more color fixing help will be too difficult to make.
Would you like me to continue with more advice? Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
Sorry pressed post instead of preview...
so where were we: Ah yes. or Camaraderie came with the last change, and they are in some situations ok, but on the other side I am never really happy when I get them. thats the same with some other mentioned cards also. Like Feldon of the Third Path, Growing Ranks or Ghired's Belligerence, Full Flowering. they are ok, the first one is nice with low HP commander. For example you attack with Ghired and get blocked by a 3/3 but also then its no world changer. for Eldrazi Displacer: This card is nice to protect the commander, and to get additional Rhinos. but 2 be honest, mostly this card gives not the practical value than I expected. I also really like your Ramp suggestions, I wasnt aware that there are so much Ramp cards which actually give you an untapped land.
And Again: I am really happy to see a new dawn for this deck, and look forward to get new cards to make the changes and playtest it. Where are you from, btw? This post seems to contain so much love in detail and so much work, I dont know how to thank you accordingly. thats really awesome I was totally shocked this morning.
4 months ago
Hey! Kinda late, but I would like to suggest some stuff:
(Disclaimer: I have a budget way lower than yours, but I've been tinkering with Ghired for almost two years - he's my favorite commander. I'll break the suggested upgrades down into categories for better organization.)
- You need them for Ghired and his tokens to attack right away, as well as to use your creatures with tap abilities on demand. Please consider Hammer of Purphoros in addition to Lightning Greaves and Fires of Yavimaya. The Hammer can even create tokens if needed.
Ramp: Run at least 15 ramp cards to make your deck flow smoother and faster.
As an aggressive deck, speed is fundamental. Fellwar Stone, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Skyshroud Elf, Bloom Tender, Faeburrow Elder, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Wood Elves, Skyshroud Claim and Mirari's Wake can ramp and heavily fix your mana, taking the place of Gyre Sage, Solemn Simulacrum, Rampant Growth, Sakura-Tribe Elder and Xenagos, the Reveler - the latter is a win-more ramp, and his 2/2 token is not large enough to synergize with the power-based card draw, while the other four fix for a single color of mana (Ghired decks can sometimes be color-hungry), and this deck can't abuse the sad robot for value.
In the land department, Krosan Verge and Blighted Woodland pull their weight, and synergize greatly with Avenger of Zendikar and Rampaging Baloths. Maybe remove Cascading Cataracts? (Your spells are not THAT color hungry.)
Have you considered Warstorm Surge and Terror of the Peaks as a mean to do damage even before attacking? The dragon can even be cloned with Flamerush Rider, Flameshadow Conjuring and Soul Foundry for extra copies of the same effect (the game ends quiiiickly after that). I'd remove Dragonmaster Outcast for that, since its effect is slow (albeit amazing if he lasts on the field).
Extra combats: You don't have to worry about your opponents' answers if they never get to their turn, so...
- Moraug, Fury of Akoum, Aurelia, the Warleader, Combat Celebrant, Scourge of the Throne (I believe there is an infinite combo involving those two), Savage Beating, Response / Resurgence, Breath of Fury (always attach it to your disposable tokens to keep attacking).
Winds of Abandon might replace Hour of Reckoning. I don't really like to lose Ghired on a boardwipe, since he costs 7 mana to recast. Winds of Abandon also works as evasion for your creatures, since your opponents won't have creatures to block. As for the ramp it offers, an opponent can't do anything with the extra lands if he/she's dead, right? :-)
Card draw: Alongside ramp, it is my main concern with Ghired. I want to be able to rebuild my board after a boardwipe.
I believe that Camaraderie can be substituted for Shamanic Revelation as the latter cost less mana. Mouth / Feed is another option that creates its own big token. Return of the Wildspeaker can either draw cards or buff creatures for an alpha strike.
Keeper of Fables triggers all other power-based card draw, while giving easy draw triggers to all your trampling creatures. Elder Gargaroth is a buffed, more versatile version of it. And remember: both can be cloned for extra juicy draw or extra tokens.
Sylvan Library is an overall great card filter for your regular draws. It gets better with shufflers like fetchlands and tutors.
Since your deck is focused on attacking and getting extra combat steps, Etali, Primal Storm might be a fun way to play your opponents' cards while lowering their life points.
Some cards I suggest you to remove:
- Sundering Growth: you already have enough flexible removal. You will almost never be in a situation in which the token to copy and the artifact/enchantment to remove are optimal choices. Since you're running Eladamri's Call, Reclamation Sage might be worth including (and cloned for the enjoyment of your friends).
- Starnheim Unleashed: one token is too little for a whole card slot in the deck. If you're foretelling, it costs a lot of mana to be worthwhile. The game might be over before that.
- Growing Ranks: waiting a whole rotation to get a token which does not even have haste is not ideal.
- Ghired's Belligerence, Full Flowering: good for a late game play, mostly dead until then. I like those, but I removed them in favor of more mid-game cards, since I might not last until 9+ mana.
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice: while on-theme, it does little to advance your win condition.
- Thunderfoot Baloth: not an amazing buff. Your creatures are big already, and Garruk's Uprising takes care of the evasion.
- Feldon of the Third Path: all-star when there is a lot of graveyard filling - there is none in this deck. (I really tried to keep him on my deck because I like the card, but most of the time there was no creature in my graveyard.)
- Eldrazi Displacer: are you using it for a combo? I couldn't identify it.
Some cool lands for you to try out: (landbase is my favorite part of deckbuilding)
- Castle Garenbrig: how easily do you have access to a Forest for it to be worth including in your deck?
- Rogue's Passage: can sometimes help you to finish an opponent.
- Scavenger Grounds: if you face graveyard-centric decks (you don't seem to use your graveyard much).
- Hanweir Battlements Meld: another haste enabler.
- Gargoyle Castle: sometimes you need a flying token. (I rarely use it, but I like to have the option.)
- Gemstone Caverns: a turn-0 ramp when the first turn is not yours.
- Bonders' Enclave: card draw on a land (easily accessible).
- Mana Confluence, Battlefield Forge, Karplusan Forest, Brushland, Horizon Canopy, Sunbaked Canyon, Prismatic Vista, Cragcrown Pathway Flip, Branchloft Pathway Flip, Needleverge Pathway Flip: more untapped dual lands.
I hope I've been of some help to you. I didn't suggest many token-related cards because I believe that, as long as you have decent ramp, draw and removal in your deck, you can win to your heart's content. Wanna throw in a Godsire? Do it. Prefer to clone your opponents' creatures with Hate Mirage? Go ahead. But the fundamentals of the deck is what makes it flow consistently. Have fun and smash 'em all (and run Doubling Season for extra fun) ;-)
6 months ago
7 months ago
1 year ago
- Kin-Tree Invocation + Binding the Old Gods - Boneyard Lurker + Infuse with Vitality - Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner + Moritte of the Frost - Incubation / Incongruity + Quandrix Cultivator - Spellheart Chimera + Prismari Command - Final Payment + Humiliate - Zealous Persecution + Killian, Ink Duelist - Kaya, Bane of the Dead + Closing Statement
- Fleshbag Marauder + Brackish Trudge - Blight-Breath Catoblepas + Sheoldred, Whispering One - Audacious Thief + Unwilling Ingredient - Hagra Constrictor + Tergrid, God of Fright Flip - Blood Beckoning + Go Blank - Murder + Poison the Cup - Lazotep Reaver + Umbral Juke - Herald of the Dreadhorde + Feed the Serpent
1 year ago
Raining Cats and Dogs Nice work bdodds, I think you have selected a handful of great cards but I'd think you could benefit from an earlier CatDog play and cheaper creatures to really start raining cats and dogs. Even without Aluren, every creature coming in with an extra token produces insane value. Especially considering your general's ability.
Below, I would like to outline 4 core concepts and considerations. Ramp, Creatures, Protection, Draw.
Ramp - Prioritizing cards that help you play Rin & Seri turn 3! Nature's Lore Rampant Growth Three Visits Boros Signet Selesnya Signet Gruul Signet Talisman of Conviction Talisman of Unity Talisman of Impulse Fellwar Stone This should be easy to replace the ramp packaging you already have. Look to cut cards like Explosive Vegetation, Chromatic Lantern, Obelisk of Naya, etc.
Creatures - Prioritizing 3CMC or less and upping your creature count to closer to 30! Think about adding creatures that fullfill multiple roles and allow you to run less other stuff. Qasali Pridemage is a great example cause it can pump a swinger +1/+1 as well as remove a pesky enchant or artifact.
Cheap Utility Kitties- Adorned Pouncer Brimaz, King of Oreskos Bronzehide Lion Initiate's Companion King of the Pride Leonin Relic-Warder Oreskos Explorer Pride Sovereign Qasali Ambusher I like the returners you have for multiple cast triggers too! Can get stupid with Aluren... Whitemane Lion Temur Sabertooth Fleetfoot Panther ? Snow Hound
Protection/Return - Build a huge board and keep it protected! Unbreakable Formation Rootborn Defenses Heroic Intervention Teferi's Protection Asceticism Marshal's Anthem Kindred Boon Akroma's Will Flawless Maneuver
Draw(ish) - The cheaper the cards in hand the more you gonna empty and wanna draw! Skullclamp Colossal Majesty Elemental Bond Beast Whisperer Fecundity Garruk's Uprising Descendants' Path Realmwalker Hunter's Insight Snake Umbra Lifecrafter's Bestiary Mentor of the Meek Guardian Project Return of the Wildspeaker Shamanic Revelation Slate of Ancestry Collective Unconscious Camaraderie
General good cards for Cat/Dog: Maskwood Nexus Mirror Entity Crib Swap Felidar Retreat Basilisk Collar Thousand-Year Elixir Rings of Brighthearth Seht's Tiger Shields of Velis Vel Naya Charm Kindred Summons Volatile Claws Beastmaster Ascension Titanic Ultimatum Hour of Reckoning Triumph of the Hordes Finale of Devastation Idyllic Tutor Winds of Abandon Lightning Greaves (secret lair dog art!) Coat of Arms Swiftfoot Boots Impact Tremors Rhythm of the Wild Aura Shards Shared Animosity Mirari's Wake Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip Any Cheap Changelings really...