Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Tribal Instant — Shapeshifter
Changeling (This card is every creature type at all times.)
Exile target creature. Its controller creates a 1/1 colourless Shapeshifter creature token with changeling.
3 months ago
Hello! Not sure if you still work with this deck or have been checking out the newest slivers, but I have other cards to throw out there for consideration.
Realmwalker - Gives knowledge and lets you cast about half your deck from the top.
Nameless Inversion - This is decent removal that still cascades as it is similar to Crib Swap. Just an idea if you wanted more of those... You could cascade right before your turn for the pseudo power nine (or cards below) to make your next turn more explosive than anyone might have expected.
4 months ago
Hello, fellow cat and dog enjoyer. I noticed that you pretty much stuffed every cat or dog in naya colors in that you could find but not a single changeling. While changelings might not be satisfying since they don't look like a cat or a dog, they provide great value because they actually trigger Rin & Seris ability twice generating two tokens instead of just one. They also benefit from both lord effects. Notable examples of changelings are:
- Taurean Mauler
- Irregular Cohort
- Masked Vandal
- Impostor of the Sixth Pride (actually looks like a cat!)
- Chameleon Colossus
- Crib Swap : Removal that also nets you two tokens!
- Maskwood Nexus : Everything becomes a changeling. This means that every creature you cast will generate two tokens. For you deck, this is just a better Parallel Lives!
Additionally, you seem to have missed (or purposfully no included?) some rather powerful cats and dogs:
- Black Market Tycoon : Not the best ramp card, but it's ramp that is on theme!
- Oreskos Explorer : This dude gets better the more expensive your mana base is as he does fetch every Plain card not just basics.
- Qasali Pridemage : Suprised to see that one missing.
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos : It's just a good card for 3 mana, honestly.
- Feline Sovereign : Lord, you can never have enough of those
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist : Don't forget our favorite cursed cat. Her effect is actually really strong
- Prava of the Steel Legion : Lord
- Skyhunter Strike Force : Lord
- Alms Collector : On theme draw effect that can absolutely wreck your opponent if you flash it into a wheel effect. The secret lair artwork is also the most adorable cat you will ever own.
- Leonin Warleader : Stronk
- Qasali Slingers : Very good artifact and enchantment hate. Basically an on theme Aura Shards
- Loyal Warhound : On theme ramp.
Just a few for you to consider. I have a list of all good (in my opinion) cats and dogs in my Rin & Seri list: Rin and Seri
You also do not seem to have a lot of draw options in your deck. Depending on the pod you are playing in, board wipes might be present and can absolutely wreck your game plan. Draw effects help you recover from this. Sadly, Naya is not the best color combination for drawing cards and most of the good draw effects are really expensive. You can see some suggestions for draw effects in my deck list: Rin and Seri
I would highly recommend proxying if your pod allows it. Be careful with draw effect like Camaraderie or Shamanic Revelation. They look good on paper in a token theme but they are "win more" cards in my opinion. If your board got wiped and you draw into those cards, they will not do a thing to help you recover. A wheel effect like Wheel of Misfortune however, will draw you 7 fresh cards to start again.
Lastly, I would recommend getting some tutors in there. Eladamri's Call, Green Sun's Zenith, Natural Order and the like. The best card in your deck by far is Jetmir, Nexus of Revels. He is basically your secret commander. If you can resolve him with 9 creatures on the board, you can devastate your opponents out of the blue. All the more important to be able to find him if you need him.
That's all for now. Have fun!
4 months ago
Also. Crib Swap has synergies with some Kithkin cards. So I its maye worth considering.
8 months ago
My favorite giant is Crib Swap.
Love the deck BTW! Nice!
9 months ago
Minor wall of text for Katilda and Lier Show
I wish the trigger was on ETB for other nontoken Humans rather than casting; I don't see much abuse from flickering. At least you can be a Johnny with Crib Swap I guess.
Flavor and card references aside, I feel like this should have been a jeskai card?
- Humans are primarily associated with white
- In order to afford flashbacking, the card incitivizes casting small creatures, which is more of a white thing; green likes them big.
- The creature side of things feels like it's subservient to the spellslinging, which makes it kinda weird when blue is the only color in the arc that's really into nonpermanents.
Because of the above reasons, I feel that green is largely superflous to white's role in the card's ability, and would be better served replaced by red, the other spellslinging-oriented color. Plus, only having until end of turn to flashback feels a lot like red impulsive draw. However, I can see the merit in filling the niche of a bant spellslinger commander, and flavoring could be though for jeskai too.
(Rethinking things, you could instead go for mana value 1-2 for spell cards and just treat the flashbacking as Human cantriping.)
1 year ago
Awesome deck. One small point: I don't think you can run Morophon, the Boundless since his color identity includes blue and black. Maybe Crib Swap as a replacement (removal spell that triggers Ren and Seri)?
1 year ago
Nice dual tribe build.
I know Wolf-Skull Shaman is perfect on theme but with only 8 other elves in deck his ability will seldom help.
and lesser impact but still good:
1 year ago
It might be wise to include a couple ways to discard cards if you're piloting Haakon. Call the Bloodline is a solid option, since it can score you a little extra life to undo your big guy's drawback and lets you pitch all of your creatures for another body once Haakon himself is online. Another classic tribal option is Mercenary Knight, who is big for his cost and sets Haakon up perfectly.
I'm not sure how hard you're focusing on running with Haakon, by the way, but if you're making some effort to get him going every game, I strongly recommend Nameless Inversion and Crib Swap as removal pieces. Haakon lets you play any knight from your graveyard, not just creatures, and since these two spells are both knights, he allows you to replay them from your graveyard again and again, wiping out opposing forces with ease.
Otherwise, I would recommend trying out Knight of Grace and Knight of Malice over the classic Black and White Knights. Those less colour-heavy mana costs are a godsend in a deck with mostly basic lands, and a 3/2 with First Strike for two mana can do a lot of good work against creature-based decks.