Combos Browse all Suggest
- Grave Pact + Parallel Lives + Spawnsire of Ulamog
- Blowfly Infestation + Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons + Parallel Lives
- Llanowar Elves + Parallel Lives + Wren's Run Packmaster
- Doubling Season + Parallel Lives + Primal Vigor
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
If an effect would create one or more tokens under your control, it creates twice that many tokens instead.
1 week ago
Ok, so Changeling Berserker goes infinite with your Commander + a few cards in your list.
Infinite card draw with Temur Ascendancy.
Infinite Treasures with Ganax, Astral Hunter.
The way it works is as follows:
Step 1: Changeling Berserker ETBs, a Champion trigger & a Commander trigger go onto the stack.
Step 2: Resolve your Commander's trigger first, creating a Changeling token, 2nd Champion trigger goes onto the stack. You now have 2 unresolved Champion triggers on the stack.
Step 3: Resolve the Token Changeling's Champion trigger, exiling the original Changeling.
Step 4: Resolve the original Changeling's Champion trigger, exiling the Token Changeling & returning the original Changeling to the battlefield.
Step 5: Repeat steps 1-4.
Personally, I'd find space for it lol.
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Bread-and-Butter-EDH - I didn't think your comment was rude, I appreciated the passionate advice, haha. I might try swapping in Parallel Lives, Second Harvest & Adrix and Nev, Twincasters to see how they work out.
3 weeks ago
It’s driving me nuts that you still use Doubling Season in this deck instead of Parallel Lives. The counter benefit you’d see is from ugin and rhythm of the wild. All token doublers are 1mana cheaper cause the don’t have that counters ability which can make a huge early game difference.
4 weeks ago
Goldbranner, had a chance to try your strategy this past weekend and ended up winning 2/3 games mostly due to token doubler shenanigans with Parallel Lives and Anointed Procession. Ended up hitting my friend with a buffed Sanctum Weaver for 4 billion damage. Thanks for the tip! Couple questions about specific enchantments as I'm pretty new to this whole archetype:
If nobody in your pod plays blue what do you swap Carpet of Flowers out for?
Is Reconnaissance just for free attack triggers off Anikthea without dying?
Is Malakir Rebirth Flip more for the backside of the land? Kaya's Ghostform fits the enchantment theme better but lacks the surprise factor. Also if we have a Greater Auramancy up then we can't hit Anikthea with the Malakir when there's a boardwipe. That's burned me a few times when I tried to use targeted protection in response to wipes.
Have you played around with Concordant Crossroads? It seems like it could accelerate us a turn when we're popping off.
Have you tried Gravebreaker Lamia? At 5CMC it's much more than Entomb but I've brought her back with Anikthea and populated it before for a "targeted" mill/tutor which seemed more efficient than the generic mill from our other cards.
1 month ago
Hello, fellow cat and dog enjoyer. I noticed that you pretty much stuffed every cat or dog in naya colors in that you could find but not a single changeling. While changelings might not be satisfying since they don't look like a cat or a dog, they provide great value because they actually trigger Rin & Seris ability twice generating two tokens instead of just one. They also benefit from both lord effects. Notable examples of changelings are:
- Taurean Mauler
- Irregular Cohort
- Masked Vandal
- Impostor of the Sixth Pride (actually looks like a cat!)
- Chameleon Colossus
- Crib Swap : Removal that also nets you two tokens!
- Maskwood Nexus : Everything becomes a changeling. This means that every creature you cast will generate two tokens. For you deck, this is just a better Parallel Lives!
Additionally, you seem to have missed (or purposfully no included?) some rather powerful cats and dogs:
- Black Market Tycoon : Not the best ramp card, but it's ramp that is on theme!
- Oreskos Explorer : This dude gets better the more expensive your mana base is as he does fetch every Plain card not just basics.
- Qasali Pridemage : Suprised to see that one missing.
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos : It's just a good card for 3 mana, honestly.
- Feline Sovereign : Lord, you can never have enough of those
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist : Don't forget our favorite cursed cat. Her effect is actually really strong
- Prava of the Steel Legion : Lord
- Skyhunter Strike Force : Lord
- Alms Collector : On theme draw effect that can absolutely wreck your opponent if you flash it into a wheel effect. The secret lair artwork is also the most adorable cat you will ever own.
- Leonin Warleader : Stronk
- Qasali Slingers : Very good artifact and enchantment hate. Basically an on theme Aura Shards
- Loyal Warhound : On theme ramp.
Just a few for you to consider. I have a list of all good (in my opinion) cats and dogs in my Rin & Seri list: Rin and Seri
You also do not seem to have a lot of draw options in your deck. Depending on the pod you are playing in, board wipes might be present and can absolutely wreck your game plan. Draw effects help you recover from this. Sadly, Naya is not the best color combination for drawing cards and most of the good draw effects are really expensive. You can see some suggestions for draw effects in my deck list: Rin and Seri
I would highly recommend proxying if your pod allows it. Be careful with draw effect like Camaraderie or Shamanic Revelation. They look good on paper in a token theme but they are "win more" cards in my opinion. If your board got wiped and you draw into those cards, they will not do a thing to help you recover. A wheel effect like Wheel of Misfortune however, will draw you 7 fresh cards to start again.
Lastly, I would recommend getting some tutors in there. Eladamri's Call, Green Sun's Zenith, Natural Order and the like. The best card in your deck by far is Jetmir, Nexus of Revels. He is basically your secret commander. If you can resolve him with 9 creatures on the board, you can devastate your opponents out of the blue. All the more important to be able to find him if you need him.
That's all for now. Have fun!
3 months ago
Great deck! Just curious though; did you sideboard Anointed Procession and Parallel Lives because you favored other cards OR because you don't have them available for your deck (because if it were up to me, I'd mainboard them because of their insane potential).