Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Staff of Compleation
, Pay 1 life; Destroy target permanent you own.
, Pay 2 life: Add one mana of any colour.
, Pay 3 life: Proliferate. (Choose any number of permanents and/or players, then give each another counter of each kind already there.)
, Pay 4 life: Draw a card.
: Untap Staff of Compleation.
1 month ago
Thanks for the upvote Profet93!!!!
Yavimaya Hollow is definitely getting added. Vines of Vastwood does go a little bigger, but it is missing the trample that Predator's Strike has. I don't need to hit with everything. I just need to hit for some. As for Staff of Compleation, the draw and proliferate together make that card worth it. Just the other day I won the table off of that card. I like it.
1 month ago
Vines of Vastwood > predator's strike.
Yavimaya Hollow - Regen
Staff of Compleation - How has this been working for you?
Also, I usually run 37-38 lands in my builds. I'm usually strictly against cutting lands but given you have such a low avg cmc, you could probably cut 1-2 lands easily and be fine.
I don't see much card draw. I understand it's primarily 1v1 so perhaps that's not needed. Should you find yourself in more multiplayer games where you need gas to maintain board presence, have you considered a Shamanic Revelation?
1 month ago
Personally i just do not like having my opponent drawing extra card. You still got 8 deathtouch creatures plus insects from Hornet Nest and you got Spark Double Majestic Myriarch Nashi, Moon's Legacy Odric, Lunarch Marshal Eater of Virtue Agent's Toolkit . And being a Monarch for that extra draw you do not need when you got Damia, Sage of Stone Staff of Compleation Garruk's Uprising Glissa Sunslayer Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain Kenrith, the Returned King Leinore, Autumn Sovereign Reki, the History of Kamigawa and Shanid, Sleepers' Scourge . But you also have Kaya, Geist Hunter in your maybe board if you really want deathtouch .
4 months ago
- Welcoming Vampire = good draw.
- Tocasia's Welcome = good draw.
- Esper Sentinel = grade A+ draw.
- Loran of the Third Path doubles as removal so it good. It good card draw to at the expense of giving your opponents a card too (not good).
- Staff of Compleation paying 4 life for a card is gonna hurt really bad. After 2 activations, the 3rd it's a total 12 life lost. 26% of your starting life total.
- Relic Vial this seems like it's a good fit for the cmdr but if you want value the turn your cmdr comes down you'll need 2 more mana to activate it. This is slow. Beside your cmdr you'll need other good targets to sac. This one's out for me too.
- Endless Atlas is at best average.
- Gate to the Afterlife - this is the card advantage.
4 months ago
I have a Ao, the Dawn Sky deck I am working on and I was wondering if there are any permanent spells that draws me more the one card for 4 or less. The deck has a large amount of artifact and I will be sacrificing Ao few times through the game. So far I have Welcoming Vampire, Tocasia's Welcome, Staff of Compleation, Relic Vial, Loran of the Third Path, Gate to the Afterlife, Endless Atlas and Esper Sentinel.
4 months ago
Udpate 18-07-2023: Trying to lean into more two colour for the theme. also d=trying to lower curve, focus on protecting PWs to actually get ultimates off, as the deck struggles to close games. Idea before was almost that any of the good stuff I find can run away with the game (assemble the legion and narset), but I don't think winning that way will be as satisfying. I think it would be good if I can get a PW out, get them to ult, and if that fails, niv to refresh hand and then give it another go.
- Hostage Taker --> Baleful Strix - cheaper, good blocker, cantrip
- All Suns' Dawn --> Primevals' Glorious Rebirth - more expensive and less flexible but direct to battlefield
- Merciless Eviction --> Kardur, Doomscourge - cheaper, gain rakdos, lose removal, still protects walkers
- Silent Arbiter --> Dueling Grounds - cheaper and two colour, doesn't provide blocker
- Ranger's Path --> Expand the Sphere - can get any lands, should find some in top 6, can proliferate
- Basalt Monolith --> Black Market Tycoon - lose ral and brigthhearth synergy, cheaper, and two colour
- Swords to Plowshares --> Batwing Brume - was mainly in there as a simple staple, gain PW protection, two colour
- Assemble the Legion --> General Ferrous Rokiric - was two colour good stuff, now cheaper, and colour synergy
- Thalia's Lancers --> Jenson Carthalion, Druid Exile - lose tutor for combo, cheaper, two colour, colour synergy
- The Wanderer --> Gold-Forged Thopteryx - lose removal and protection, cheaper, two colour, a little protection
- Nevinyrral's Disk --> Pernicious Deed - more expensive, but can do in one turn, and two colour
- Narset, Enlightened Master -> Grateful Apparition - was good stuff, cheaper, PW synergy
- Boros Signet --> Staff of Compleation - more expensive, more flexible, PW synergy
- Rampant Growth --> Birds of Paradise - fragile but cheaper
- Skyshroud Claim --> Radha, Hearth of Keld - worse ramp, but gain gruul and two colour
- Azorius Signet --> Coiling Oracle - blocker, two colour, worse ramp
4 months ago
Archas - Thanks for the kind words. As far as Staff of Compleation goes I think it's alright. It would be absolutely top tier if it did damage when you tapped it. But the fact that you just pay life to do its activated ability makes it much less desirable. With that said I don't think it would be bad in the deck at all and would be playable for sure. So if you have one and want to try it out I say go for it! You could do much worse.
6 months ago
Resourceful Defense no loyalty counters ever go to waste.
Honor-Worn Shaku all your planeswalkers become mana rocks!
Staff of Compleation swiss army knife.
Sword of Truth and Justice turns your few creatures into proliferating machines.
Deserted Temple utility.
Mobilized District the best manland for Superfriends.