Skarrg, the Rage Pits
: Gain .
, : Target creature gets +1/+1 and gains trample until end of turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Skarrg, the Rage Pits Discussion
1 month ago
Some cards to consider:
Those cards range from what I consider to be auto-includes to somewhat pet cards in no particular order and are pulled from an older deck list that I haven't updated in some time.I would be happy to discuss what makes them strong or what cuts to make to fit them in of you have any questions.
7 months ago
Te sugiero estos cambios que no son caros:
- Farhaven Elf > Quirion Trailblazer
- Yavimaya Dryad > Yavimaya Granger
- Kessig Wolf Run > Skarrg, the Rage Pits
- Bonders' Enclave > Arch of Orazca
Además, creo que le puedes hacer espacio a las siguientes cosas, también baratas:
- Rhythm of the Wild, porque asegurar que entren tus bichos y además la posibilidad de prisa es util.
- Cindervines, necesitas romper esas Propagandas que van a molestarte.
- Putrefax, porque con Xenagos, God of Revels puede matar a un oponente de un solo golpe.
- Regal Force, para recargar gasolina.
- Beast Whisperer, igual que la anterior.
- Decimator of the Provinces o End-Raze Forerunners, alternativas baratas de Craterhoof Behemoth, para terminar juegos.
- Nikya of the Old Ways, porque ya casi juegas puros bichos.
Por ultimo, Fiery Emancipation está un poco más cara, pero recibir 18 daños por lanzar un hechizo si que le llega duro a los mazos control. Igual esta puede ser también Gratuitous Violence o incluso Torbran, Thane of Red Fell, aunque creo que Emancipation vale lo que cuesta.
7 months ago
Here's some suggestions:
8 months ago
If you do decide to take multimedia advice throw in more buffs Gavony Township, Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers, Hashep Oasis, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Ancient Animus, Dromoka's Command and Vines of Vastwood. Also, you'll need a shuffle titan like Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, Dockside Extortionist, Academy Rector, Village Bell-Ringer and Dockside Extortionist to have the loop in your deck
8 months ago
LOVE the list. As a fellow party animal, it's always awesome to see more Xenagos lists. The list looks super solid, though there are some little things that I think would be worth considering.
Despite being a removal magnet, The Great Henge is such a house in a deck like this. It's nice draw and "Ramp", depending on how early you can play it, and it also buffs up your creatures.
Sneak Attack is an absolute slam-dunk in a deck like this. Being able to sneak out 2-3 6+ drops onto the board to kill more than 1 player is such a good feeling (Imagine sneaking a Worldspine, Pathbreaker and whatever else, then pumping Ghalta off a Xenagos trigger and giving everything +30/+30 and Trample!).
Return of the Wildspeaker is another great draw effect, and it has the useful mode of pumping your creatures if you don't need the draw. Being an instant is super powerful too, and makes it a strictly better Soul's Majesty. It's also harder to get blown out by spot removal with Return because it checks the highest power of creatures, instead of targeting one creature, so you can still draw some cards if someone uses instant speed spot removal on one of your beaters.
Explosive Vegetation has become less attractive to me since the 4 mana slot is now home to so many better ramp cards, namely Migration Path. I'd rather have this since it has the added advantage of cycling away if you don't need the ramp at that moment.
This is absolutely personal preference, but 30 creatures is the bare minimum number of creatures I would be comfortable running in a deck like this. You have a good amount of tutors, so it's not as big of a deal here, but something to consider.
The new Radha, Heart of Keld might be the new Courser of Kruphix, if only because it doesn't make you reveal your top card to everyone. It's true that Courser is 1 color, but in a 2 color deck fixing shouldn't really be an issue. The fact that it can make itself into a big threat is also really neat.
Quartzwood Crasher could potentially be a replacement for Giant Adephage, since it's cheaper to cast and can make MASSIVE tokens since it checks each creature with trample. It will even make multiple tokens if you hit more than one player.
Skarrg, the Rage Pits is technically a worse KWR, but I like having as many ways to give trample as possible. I don't have any land tutors though, so you're probably fine without it.
I love gushing about Xenagod, but I'll reign it in for now. Most of these are very subjective (Except Sneak Attack...I reeeeeeeally love that card...) and overall the list looks badass!
(If you wanna peek at my list, here you go! Xenagos's Party Animals It's far from perfect, but I've been tweaking and tuning it for a while and I'm constantly testing new cards to see what works.)
10 months ago
Thanks again! Awesome that you take the time out of your day to really give such an insightful comment.
I have been working on the deck after I posted it and even upgraded it a bit between your comment and me posting the deck, two of them are even cards you recommended! Bonders' Enclave and Gruul Signet. I also added Rogue's Passage to maybe sneak an attacker in.
I did actually buy quite a few cards a few days ago that just arrived and some of them are also cards you mentioned :D
I also added these ones, maybe you have some comments about them?
- God-Eternal Rhonas, it looks like it can combo quite well with Xenagos. Have you tried the cards?
- Mwonvuli Beast Tracker, I always find myself missing Trample so I thought this guy could help tutoring for it.
- Skarrg, the Rage Pits a worse Kessig Wolf Run but also a lot cheaper, and I am mainly after the trample effect (I think).
- Scavenging Ooze wanted a way to deal with peoples graveyard shenanigans.
- Mind Stone ramp! (basically added it because you mentioned it in Norin :P )
- Solemn Simulacrum there are other ramp cards in green but I just think he is a lot of value.
- I also swapped the Sedge Scorpion for a Deadly Recluse because even though I find it nice to have a early thing on the board that can deter people from attacking me before I have some of my guys out I found that a lot of attacks just went over it.
The things I will be cutting is the Scorpion and
- Mistcutter Hydra (I have other sources of can't be countered and it not doing anything else than that feels a bit week),
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir (too slow. Even though I love the prospect of being able to double the equipped creature and then have it applied to every other creather, it simply doesn't happen often enough and it doesn't provide value as soon as it lands because it would cost + mana for it to do so),
- Solidarity of Heroes (I have used it as a combat trick but it is too situational especially as I plan to cut some of the counter/hydra creatures),
- Twinflame (often when I am thinking of casting this I realize I would rather cast one of my creatures or wish it was a creature),
- Brash Taunter (thought it would be fun, but it is as I expected - way to slow), Flame-Wreathed Phoenix (I wanted a flying creature but and really only put this in for sentimental reasons but it just isn't doing anything, it is very unsatisfying to double it especially if it already have haste),
- Peregrination (don't think it's worth the cost, added other/earlier ways to ramp),
- Nissa's Pilgrimage (same reason as the other)
Let me know what you think about the cuts and if I could have made better ones!
Now for your recommendations!
- Lurking Predators Sounds like a great idea, would love to hear what you think should be cut from the deck too.
- The Great Henge Yeah I want a few of these, to go into some decks. Have on my "buy it on a bargain" list. Hopefully I can pick it up soon.
- Decimate and Hull Breach Looks like great cards, I have noticed that I really need to put some enchantment/artifact removal in and these two looks like great picks for it.
- Life's Legacy Very nice card! Will probably pick it up, but when do one have to much draw?
- Nature's Lore I was going to add one of these a while back as I thought i had one laying around but I couldn't find it and forgot to acquire one. Will put it on my list :)
- Rishkar's Expertise Added this one!
- Skyshroud Claim I like this card too, but I always find 4 mana ramp to be a little late. You think it's still pulling it's weight?
Beast Within Great card, will be adding this at one point
Berserk Never been a fan of killing my own creatures, but I guess the added benefit of being able to use it on an enemy is nice. I could also Berserk it and then sac it myself with any of the card draw cards. Will be looking out for one if I can find a really cheap one.
Momentous Fall Nice one! Will pick this one up for sure
Return of the Wildspeaker Will add this one too, bought a few of them already a week back but they are taking their sweet time arriving.
Lands I have already added the Bonder's Enclave and will be adding a Myriad Landscape as I have an extra one. I will also look to acquire the other ones. I am thinking of also adding Reliquary Tower as it's likely I will get more than 7 cards in hand after a sacrifice, Mishra's Factory as it's one of the only good manlands I have (doubt Kher Keep will do much here) I am also thinking of adding a Tectonic Edge to deal with other people's lands.
Most of the dragons you mention was about to go into the deck, but then I bought a Secret Lair and built a dragon deck instead. Will be looking into getting most of the dragons you mention here.
There's so many here, hard to pick and choose which to add! I will start with the ones I know I want in Eternal Witness because there is always something that's worth casting twice, Kogla, the Titan Ape can remove a lot of stuff in one go as I can give it haste too, Ilharg, the Raze-Boar been looking to add this guy since day one! But they have always been so over priced in my local market about 7-8$! I managed to find one yesterday for $5! So hopefully it will find it's way to me tomorrow :) Reclamation Sage need more removal so this on should be a given, Sakura-Tribe Elder need a bit more ramp so I can get it out more reliable so this one a good one. Was going to add a Fierce Empath when I opened 2020, must have forgotten!
I am also looking to add Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma and Lifeblood Hydra but they are hard to find in my local market. The other ones I will add to my list and pick them up if I can get them cheap, to at least switch out for some others and see what fits my play style the best!
Would love a Deflecting Swat (in Norin too), but my local market have it quite high, and I think I can find more impactful cards for cheaper. Oh I will definitely upgrade for a Vines of Vastwood and look for a Blossoming Defense, right now my biggest defense against spot removal is Archetype of Endurance but it's so expensive to cast!
There are a lot of cards here that you have mentioned that I have both already added and want to add now that you have brought them to my attention, so I will have to do a lot of cuts and would love to here your thoughts on what should be removed (and if the cuts I already did where good ones) would also love why you think I should remove some cards over others.
Thanks a lot for yet another deep look at my deck! Really appreciate it :)
10 months ago
I happy that those were of any help to you.
So here are some more options that you could maybe use:
Village Ironsmith Flip has First Strike but doesn't do a lot besides that. Duskwatch Recruiter Flip would be an efficient 2 drop replacement for the Ironsmith. This can help you dig for more gas and its werewolf form can help you cast your other werewolves.
Mayor of Avabruck Flip is cheap costed and can support both forms of your werewolves, independent of the form they are in. The only problem I can see with him is the pricing. I don't know how much it costs. However, it's definitely one to keep in mind.
Moonlight Hunt is a form of removal that can take advantage of the size of your guys(I'm gonna say guys from now on because werewolf is too big) and the fact that some of them grow the others, which may allow you to take out some threats that other removal in these colors wouldn't be able to.
Silverfur Partisan is, maybe, a little bit of a strech. Definitely not a mainboard option but may a side one? It can make not as profitable as your opponent would like when they remove one of your guys, especially if the "removal" is bouncing.
I don't think Domri, Anarch of Bolas would be a good inclusion. Still, I decided to include it here so you couls decide. After all, the deck is yours, not mine. He kinda ramps you while also being a removal "spell/engine" and a very small "anthem"
I also have some land suggestions, though I don't know if they would fit your budget.
Game Trail is a simple and effective one. Simply reveal a basic land from your hand and you already have access to both colors of mana.
Rootbound Crag is similar to the one above. The only difference is that it won't enter tapped during the first turn.
Cinder Glade is probably the most "budget" out of these three that I have mentioned. However, it won't enter untapped until, at least, your turn three.
One last suggestion. This one probably will be outside outside of your budget. I will mention just in case you'd like to invest or you end up having the opportunity to have one of these.
- Descendants' Path. This one is pretty much self-explanatory. It can cheat your guys into play, which would be very good considering your deck doesn't have any ramp.
1 year ago
Well, if you never had any problems with Kiln Fiend then keep it. There's no reason to change what has been working out fine. Just as a thought provoker, you can have Monastery Swiftspear to think about.
Maybe just bad wasn't the best thing to say about Rakdos Shred-Freak . It's just that it offers basically nothing more than haste. You have cards like Hellspark Elemental , as you mentioned, but also:
Earthshaker Khenra - Makes it easier to get to your opponent while also being reusable from the grave in the late game, and even bigger than before.
Ash Zealot - More of a Siboard card, but still, 2 mana for first strike, haste and punishes your opponent for playing cards from your graveyard.
Vexing Devil - Dont't know if you could fit this guy in your budget, but it's amazing. It's either a one mana 4/3 that your opponent will have to waste a removal spell or a one mana 4 damage spell.
However, the real reason I said Rakdos Shred-Freak is bad is because of...
Thunderkin Awakener - It can reanimate all of your (elemental) suicide bombers while attacking. So for only two mana, you can from 4 damage on board, with Thunderkin Awakener and Spark Elemental , to up to 8 damage with the Firecat. You could also put other cards in for him, like Lightning Skelemental and Spark Trooper , but those would require you to adjust the manabase.
Also, since you're playing these cheap suicide bombers you could use Unearth to reanimate them again and hit for a bunch. However, I'm not sure that splashing to black would appeal to you.
Another suicide bomber could be Impetuous Devils , though I don't have much to say about it. You can basically take out one of your opponent's creature by forcing them to block. Just here as an option for you.
Cards like Thud , Fling and Flesh / Blood (the blood half only) should prove themselves more useful than Soul's Fire . Since most of your creatures are dying anyway, there should be no problem in sacrificing them.
Manabasewise, if really want to keep Reality Smasher you can add lands that have a better utility than Rogue's Passage as most of your creatures have trample anyway, so your opponent will regardless always have trouble preventing damage.
I've been writing a lot today, so right now I won't go on too much detail about these "utility" lands. I'll just list some here and you can say if you liked any or none and I'll glady discuss about it.
- Looming Spires
- Kessig Wolf Run
- Skarrg, the Rage Pits
- Teetering Peaks
- Turntimber Grove
- Barbarian Ring
- Smoldering Spires
- Blighted Gorge
- Keldon Megaliths
- Memorial to War
- Sunscorched Desert
Just as a curiosty, I've written so many cards in this comment that TappedOut won't let me mark more suggestions, while most not even appearing for me to suggest.