Creature — Cat Soldier
Whenever Leonin Warleader attacks, create two 1/1 white Cat creature tokens with lifelink that are tapped and attacking.
|Want (2)||cmellerbrook , andimtg|
Printings View all
|Secret Lair (SLD)||Rare|
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Leonin Warleader occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.1%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Leonin Warleader Discussion
2 days ago
1 week ago
Just a heads up that Balance is banned in the format. Maybe your group is cool with it though.
You might like these: Tome of Legends, Idol of Oblivion, Skullclamp, Arch of Orazca, Throne of the High City, Mantle of Leadership, Hope Against Hope, Veteran's Armaments, Eidolon of Countless Battles, Cathars' Crusade, Goldnight Commander, Valor in Akros, Leonin Warleader, Hero of Bladehold, Crescendo of War, Honor of the Pure
2 weeks ago
I'm more of a dog person myself, but these felines look fierce though!
A few ideas for optimization:
There are plenty of good dual lands in Pioneer, so Unclaimed Territory shouldn't be necessary. It makes your instants harder to cast and the abilities on your cats harder to activate. I'd play the full 4x Sunpetal Grove instead.
I know Fabled Passage helps thinning out your deck, but you're already fairly low on lands. With only 2 colors, you aren't in dire need of the fixing and any potential tapped land could hurt your tempo.
Heroic Intervention is a great sideboard card, but I probably wouldn't play all 4 copies in the main - more room for cats. Remember that Collected Company wants a very high density to be able to consistently hit 2 creatures.
That was my 2 cents. Good luck!
1 month ago
Cool deck! You might like these: Gold Myr (nonhuman that gets Winota out a turn sooner), Iron Myr, Hedron Crawler, Manakin, Plague Myr, Wily Goblin, Breath of Fury (potential to outright win you the game), Adriana, Captain of the Guard, Aurelia, the Warleader, Leonin Warleader, Hero of Bladehold, Relentless Assault, World at War, Waves of Aggression, Tempt with Vengeance, Elemental Mastery
1 month ago
Thank you very much for all the nice suggestions, king-saproling!
- Tome of Legends: Hmm, the commander chosen at the moment is pretty expensive mana wise. I don't think this card will draw many cards.
- Bonders' Enclave: There aren't that many fattys in this deck, so this will act as a worse Plains.
- Arch of Orazca: This could actually be alright! Considering it.
- Throne of the High City: This could be good if the pillow fort is actually working, will have to analyze if I can withstand the pressure of being the monarch for several turns.
- Palace Jailer: Same as Throne of the High City.
- Helm of the Host: Not sure that any creature itself in this deck would be good enough to clone for this mana cost?
- Leonin Warleader: This card is too aggressive for this deck.
- Hero of Bladehold: Same as Leonin Warleader.
- Conqueror's Galleon Flip: Same as Leonin Warleader.
- Cathars' Crusade: No more room for pump in the deck if we still want control of the board.
- Requiem Angel: Not bad... but there is enough token generation, which I deem as better than this.
- Recruiter of the Guard: This is very good! Very much considering.
- Ranger-Captain of Eos: There's only one target for this.. not enough.
- Kormus Bell/Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth/Expedition Map: This seems to be take all or none. I cannot find three cards to substitute to make room for these three, even though the "combo" is alright.
Once again, thanks for all the suggestions!
1 month ago
Love to see Lapse of Certainty! You might like these: Tome of Legends, Bonders' Enclave, Arch of Orazca, Throne of the High City, Palace Jailer, Helm of the Host, Leonin Warleader, Hero of Bladehold, Conqueror's Galleon Flip, Cathars' Crusade, Requiem Angel (good with tokens in general, really nice with Divine Visitation), Recruiter of the Guard, Ranger-Captain of Eos, Kormus Bell, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Expedition Map
1 month ago
Arch of Orazca is just a mana sink like Castle Ardenvale and a utility land like Reliquary Tower. There's literally no downside to run it unless you'd rather play a Plains I guess, but that's up to you.
1 month ago
Hey, a little more info about Elemental Bond and how good of a repeatable draw source it can be because you have easy access to Kaheera, the Orphanguard's +1/+1 anthem for Cats. Bond triggers when tokens are created that's a reason it has so much potential with Cats. Anthem effects are called static abilities and each one is applied to Cats as they enter the battlefield.
King of the Pride is the best example of how good Bond can be as a draw source because any 1/1 Cat ETB with 3 power which triggers Bond. Bond + King + Brimaz, King of Oreskos/Leonin Warleader for example when you attack can create 3 power Cats and draw a card when each one is created. White Sun's Zenith creates 2/2 Cats, but with Kaheera these Cats ETB as 3/3s; each Cat will trigger Bond which can draw a lot of cards. Kemba, Kha Regent creates 2/2 Cats which with Kaheera are 3/3s when they ETB which triggers Bond each time.
Having two anthem effects on the battlefield such as Kaheera and Regal Caracal also makes any 1/1 Cat ETB as 3/3 to trigger Bond. In fact if you have Bond + Kaheera on the battlefield then Regal will draw three cards when it ETB.
There's two Ajani's that are budget and their ultimates create Cat tokens: Ajani, Caller of the Pride and Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants. Both these Ajani's +1 loyalty abilities can give Cats permanent pump with +1/+1 counters, but they do other things also. Adversary is the better of the two because it's -7 is not hard to achieve, a turn faster than Caller and if you get the emblem it's a repeatable source of creating Cats at your end step. Adversary can also provides something that Selesnya wants which is creature reanimation. Ajani can reanimate a one or two drop Cat such as Bronzehide Lion or Fleecemane Lion which can be helpful to recover.