Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Xenagos, God of Revels
Legendary Enchantment Creature — God
As long as your devotion to red and green is less than seven, Xenagos isn't a creature.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, another target creature you control gains haste and gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is that creature's power.
Recommendations View more recommendations
1 month ago
V1.1 - Cannibalizing other decks to flesh mine out
Karametra's Acolyte - Green devotion mana dork. Xenagos, God of Revels - Generally great, explosive charges Balefire Dragon - Psuedo-board clear, can pump with Xenagos, God of Revels. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger - Psuedo-rap, board control Bow of Nylea - Attacking death touch tokens are way more threatening, can't chunk block them. Devotion to green. Cultivate - Ramp is good. Ranger's Path - Ramp is still good. Into the Wilds - Semi draw, semi ramp, top of library manipulation. Xenagos, the Reveler - Ramp, tokens, whats not to like? Death's Presence - A bit win more, but re-using the stats from stacked tokens can be great.
1 month ago
Xenagos, God of Revels would love to party with this deck, it's another double effect and it grants haste, though I don't know what your budget is like
1 month ago
Xenagos, God of Revels makes a pretty good commander in the $200 budget range. My current build is showing at $283, but $137 of that is represented by the 6 (non-commander) cards over $10. While those cards are all good in the deck, the only absolutely essential piece of a Xenagos deck is Xenagos. Everything else is just big dumb beaters, ramp, and ways to make the beaters bigger. How I have it built there isn't much interaction or bargaining aside from who you attack. You could always slot in interaction in the expensive card slots.
2 months ago
2 months ago
I actually borrowed your decklist and played a game on untap and won. Getting a hunter's prowess to go off and drawing 18 cards is pretty sweet, and the extra combats with karlach was critical.
My thoughts - really need some Haste!
There are tons of options, my top budget friendly options:
Flamekin Village, Hanweir Battlements Meld, Anger, Fires of Yavimaya, Urabrask the Hidden, Dragon Breath...
some other options are:
Rhythm of the Wild, Hammer of Purphoros, Ogre Battledriver, Xenagos, God of Revels, Crashing Drawbridge.... clearly not all of these are needed but sprinking in a few would go a long way.
and have you thought about running Animate Dead?
anyway thanks for sharing your list, i really enjoyed it. cheers and have fun!
4 months ago
I tend to look for a Commander who does one thing extremely well that I can build off of. While multi-faceted Commanders such as Kenrith, the Returned King are really nice in their flexibility, for me personally, I struggle to draw their potential in. Some of the Commanders I have built in the past are:
Karametra, God of Harvests as an ETB Matters theme. Because she brings out lands, Landfall was a strong subtheme of the deck, since Landfall itself is limited. And yes this includes cards with "Landfall" not under such a name, such as Tireless Tracker and Zendikar's Roil. However, because I am also casting creatures, creature ETB is important, too. So Hornet Queen and Soul Sisters had their stay. Some cards, such as Avenger of Zendikar really exploded as they drew these two elements together. Lastly, because I wanted continuous use of my ETB effects, return-to-hand was also important. So Jeskai Barricade and similar effects were in play. What resulted was a, slow, well-oiled machine that could cast multiple ETB creatures per turn and explode a boardstate from nothing.
Oros, the Avenger was built as a Wrath's Matters build. This is because if you put deathtouch on Oros, his activation wrath's the board of all non-white creatures. To protect myself, every single creature in my deck had to have , in part or in whole. Then, the deck used every single card available in the game to permanently give Oros his deathtouch. In this way, I never had to hold back because I didn't have an instant or sorcery to cast. Or perhaps I did, but not enough mana to cast it and activate Oros in the same turn. So auras, equipment and permanent effects such as Deadly Wanderings. While cards such as Maze Abomination might sound good, being non-white meant it died the moment Oros resolved. So it becomes a one-time deal. Now, because of the sheer volume of mana required, the deck ran an absolute absurd amount of mana sources. I think I had like 17 mana rocks alone. For filler cards, any other wrath was used. This way, against decks, I could still hit the board hard.
Sidenote: If there are 7 creatures on the battlefield that Oros can hit, and he has lifelink, you just gained 3(7), or 21, life. That's how the deck stayed ahead. After I gained +200 life and nobody has any creatures left, I essentially could not be stopped.
- Radha, Heart of Keld was a Voltron-esque build who focused on as many land tutors as I could possibly get out, focusing on all basic lands so nothing ETB tapped. She was given ample protection. And then I topped it off with giant doublers, such as Xenagos, God of Revels and Unleash Fury. What resulted from here was a deck whose goal was to TKO any opponent in a single shot. Yes, infect was used as well. The deck name was Thick Thighs Save Lives. Lol.
So, as you can see, what I look for is a Commander who focuses on ONE mechanic or ability, and I tie in two or three supporting elements to ensure it runs smoothly. By implementing the deck construction in this way, I absolutely ensure I never draw into duds. It's either a useful land, ramp, or synergy support. No card every becomes wasted in my hand.
4 months ago
My Queen Marchesa deck is mix of akkido effects like Deflecting Palm, monarch tribal which gives you card advantage and a bunch of other effects and then cards like Dread to make people not want to attack me. I also have cards like Breena, the Demagogue that mess with combat choices.
The last time I played the Queen I kept the Monarch for like 6 turn cycles because of No Mercy. I ended up winning by casting a Thrilling Encore after the last other player standing (playing a Xenagos, God of Revels deck) had killed my Archon of Coronation and Protector of the Crown before going in for an alpha strike (I got a couple of his things he'd sacrificed to do that too). I survived and he lost on the crack-back. It was a great game.
5 months ago
- Aura Shards + Mirari's Wake + Faeburrow Elder + Knight of Autumn + Knight of New Alara Eladamri's Call + Wildfield Borderpost
- Bard Class + Cindervines + Huntmaster of the Fells Flip + Klothys, God of Destiny + Radha, Heart of Keld + Xenagos, God of Revels + Decimate + Dire-Strain Rampage + Escape to the Wilds + Hull Breach + Firewild Borderpost
- Binding the Old Gods + Leyline Prowler + Windgrace's Judgment + Vraska, Golgari Queen + Culling Ritual + Maelstrom Pulse
- Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip + Kardur, Doomscourge + Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger + Olivia, Crimson Bride + Orcus, Prince of Undeath + Kolaghan's Command + Rakdos Charm + Dreadbore + Veinfire Borderpost
- Baleful Strix + Hostage Taker + Mistvein Borderpost
- Coiling Oracle + Rootcoil Creeper + Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath + Growth Spiral + Tamiyo, Collector of Tales + Bring to Light + Croaking Counterpart
- Elite Guardmage + Niambi, Esteemed Speaker + Soulherder + Faithful Mending + Fieldmist Borderpost
- General Ferrous Rokiric + Aurelia's Fury + Wear / Tear + Deafening Clarion + Solar Blaze
- Izzet Staticaster + Prismari Command + Expressive Iteration
- Despark + Fracture + Inkshield + Kaya's Guile + Merciless Eviction
- Fires of Invention + Ignoble Hierarch + Sylvan Caryatid + Blasphemous Act + Demonic Tutor + Farseek + Arcane Signet + Chromatic Lantern + Coalition Relic + Commander's Sphere + Panharmonicon + Tome of the Guildpact + Urza's Filter