Creature — Human Cleric
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you may gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||TheAlmostHero , the.beanpole , TheRealPeaches , pskinn01 , TheBl0b , Kimimaro , rockleemyhero , Dredgar , Swamy|
|Want (3)||Nemesis , Turtlelover73 , meowCat1234|
Soul's Attendant Discussion
3 days ago
4 days ago
I'd really recommend you look into Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, or Soul Warden. As long as you have at least 1 out, you are essentially immune to damage, and if you get more than one, damage actually starts healing you.
5 days ago
5 days ago
Hi! see that you have a lot of 1x and 2x. I have to suggest you to use mostly 3x and 4x.Also, which is your plan to close the game? May i suggest you to consider making a budget version of Soul Sisters? Both Soul's Attendant and Soul Warden are quite cheap and your Ajani's Pridemate can really benefit of their presence. Another good budget card if you want to try that way is Suture Priest, which can steal life from your opponent, just remember that it doesn't get triggered by your opponent's creatures so you need a good number of creatures
1 week ago
-Angel of Jubilation: meta-tech card against oloro and marchesa decks. I've tried trostani before and her token ability is just kind of slow
-Tolsimir Wolfblood: gone on my next deck revision for hour of devastation
-Privileged Position: helps protect wincon permanents from spot removal, but otherwise lackluster, might cut it later
-Collective Blessing: sits in your hand until a critical mass of tokens is reached, no different than something like overrun or thunderfoot baloth
-Night Soil: weaker graveyard hate than the other two, but significantly stronger in this deck, especially against a 4/5 man pod
-Kamahl, Fist of Krosa: wincon and boardwipe protection. you can use the overrun if it's late in the game or hold up mana to turn other people's lands into creatures when a boardwipe hits. I haven't gone full elfball enough to run ezuri yet
Garruk Wildspeaker: is both ramp and an overrun. he either survives a turn, in which case I got to ramp a bit and "gained" some life, or he keeps surviving, allowing me to ramp and threaten an overrun (planeswalker removal is kinda rare in my group, i'm really the only green player)
-Champion of Lambholt: i want to test her out in a normal game before i make a decision
-Cathars' Crusade (mentioned above): it's a card that really only needs to be out for a turn and then everything gets out of hand. I might cut it later, but i'm not ready to yet
1 week ago
I think you should go to this deck when you decide to start changing it up.
1 week ago
Cards i would cut and some replacement suggestions:
- Soul's Attendant: doesn't advance board state. Elvish Mystic.
- Essence Warden: ibid. Llanowar Elves
- Angel of Jubilation: really difficult mana base to achieve on turn 4. Trostani, Selesnya's Voice.
- Tolsimir Wolfblood: not enough impact late game. Angel of Sanctions
- Privileged Position: wipes should be your main worry and concern Fresh Meat.
- Collective Blessing: how can you be reliably sure there will be enough creatures to take advantage of this?
- Night Soil better of just running Tormod's Crypt or Relic of Progenitus token synergy notwithstanding.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa: too mana hungry. Needs to just be lower in expense. How about Ezuri, Renegade Leader.
- Garruk Wildspeaker: planeswalkers are notoriously fragile. He ramps on turn 4 but i'd rather have a Explosive Vegetation or a Cultivate honestly with the mana problems this deck has.
- Garruk, Primal Hunter he's not bad I'd just find another way to draw cards. Maybe Slate of Ancestry.
- Champion of Lambholt you could use some more lower cmc token producers in place of these. You have a lot of cards that make tokens better early on which doesnt do you any good with no tokens. Maybe Awakening Zone.
Try some of the weird new embalm stuff from amonkhet as well. Can help you recover from boardwipes and utilize your left over doubling seasons etc.
1 week ago
NewHorizons, thanks for testing out my list, and here are some of my thoughts on what you said.
Garruk, Primal Hunter has generally gotten me 3/4 cards in the past, but that might just be confirmation bias.
Tolsimir Wolfblood isn't a pet card, or that good. I think that I left him in because of the color synergies and nothing else. In the last game that I played with this deck, I drew him and it was completely useless. Will definitely cut (probably for Concordant Crossroads.
Thunderfoot Baloth is generally on; it's actually surprisingly rare to not have Rhys on the battlefield at most points in the game (not sure if this speaks to playgroup bias or being not the scariest person at the table compared to my group). I have tried the Ibex before and I didn't like it that much because of the lack of haste in my deck.
Soul's Attendant is kinda meh, but generally pretty useful in my meta.
fun fact, I've maybe played Champion of Lambholt all of twice (because I don't play this deck too often) and it was pretty meh (I was stuck on three lands that time, so I haven't really gotten to test it under normal conditions). It synergizes with coat of arms if I play both in one turn (most tokens are warriors).
Avenger of Zendikar is a recovery card (which is something that's really hard to test when goldfishing). It takes you from no creatures on board to a bunch of creatures on board in a single spell.
Coat of Arms isn't a win more card as much of a win card. It takes a relatively small number of tokens (4-6) and turns them into a dead player or it takes a medium/large amount of tokens and turns them into a dead table. This fills in the same slot as Craterhoof Behemoth or Triumph of the Hordes (which is just bonkers powerful).