Creature — Human Cleric
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you may gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Soul's Attendant Discussion
4 hours ago
A Gatherer Search for Fungus will prove useful.Thelon of Havenwood if you rock Fungus.Soul Warden, Essence Warden, Soul's Attendant, Auriok Champion is expensive, Leyline of Vitality,Suture Priest, Ivy Lane Denizen, Sigil Captain, Archangel of Thune.
3 days ago
1 week ago
Thank you all for the feedback and apoligies for the late response. Lately I've been taking a break from brewing EDH decks, so I'm not visiting TO very frequently.
All good suggestions, But I don't really see what I should take out. In general I'm not running very high on life, so I don't think I can make use of the abilities, and most of the time I would not have mana for Well of Lost Dreams.
My meta has all kinds of decks. Some people got T1 and others (few) play OTC commander decks. Most decks are T2 or T3 trying not to combo out in turn 4 or 5. I build this deck because I like extort and drain, but it has been far more powerfull and fun than I anticipated, at least in my meta.
- Aven Mindcensor and Thalia (both of them, but I assume you meant Thalia, Heretic Cathar are awesome, but there is so much I want in the deck, and drain and enchantments are higher on my list.
- Authority of the Consuls looks just right for the deck (enchantment, cheap, and good for Karlov).
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation is pretty nice. I'm not sure what to take out, but I will consider him for a slot when I do.
- Flickering Ward is a great suggestion. I'll see what I can doo to find it a slot.
- I did not consider Gray Merchant of Asphodel for this deck, but I think I should! Thank you.
I'm not updating the deck right now (as I like to keep it in sync with the paper version), but I want to make room for these cards (all very low casting cost except for Merchant):
- Soul Warden - more triggers for Karlov and Recurable
- Soul's Attendant - for more Karlov Triggers and Recurable
- Authority of the Consuls - OK, On theme, and recurable
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation - Tax and triggers for Karlov
- Flickering Ward - more triggers for Karlov, cheap (good for extort) and helps Karlov survive.
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel - Recurable Exsanguinate. Could work with my devotion.
- Darksteel Plate - Karlov deserves the best
- Swiftfoot Boots - Would look good on Karlov. (If no Flickering Ward I'd rather use Lightning Greaves)
I'll update the maybeboard accordingly.
1 week ago
Don't worry, lifegain decks are viable. There's a semipopular modern deck called soul sisters that gains a lot of life off of cards like Soul Warden& Soul's Attendant, then bashing dace with Ajani's Pridemate & Serra Ascendant. Might be worth looking at a couple of those decks if you want a faster clock. (I'll throw a link at the end of this)
1 week ago
1 week ago
Some cards like Ajani's Pridemate, Felidar Sovereign, Karlov of the Ghost Council, and Chalice of Life Flip work great in a deck that has good, consistent life gain. I don't think you have enough other cards to support that theme, I would either cut them or add something to support that theme if that's the direction you want to go. If you do want life gain try Pristine Talisman, Auriok Champion or her budget sisters Soul Warden and Soul's Attendant, Brutal Hordechief (think he's great in your deck even if you don't go life gain), Whip of Erebos, Blood Artist, and Aetherflux Reservoir to name a few.
Also don't like Beseech the Queen in a tri-color deck, even if you got a Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. I would definitely pay the extra mana for the budget Diabolic Tutor or if you have the cash Demonic Tutor.
You've got a lot of token generators along with reanimating stuff, I think Cathars' Crusade would work great with this.
2 weeks ago
Yes, it's a crispy combo but required too much time.i made some changes, but now i think to remove 1 Daunting Defender and the Wall of Resistance but i'm undecided between : D'Avenant Healer Field Surgeon Blightspeaker Soul's Attendant
3 weeks ago
Please don't replace Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath with Ob Nixilis Reignited. The former is an amazing card for EDH and the latter has no place in the format really. Yosei is definitely amazing and is my favorite white card and my favorite dragon. He is one of the main wincons in my Visk Kal EDH deck that has a bit of a token sub theme you can see here if you're interested Vish Kal, I am the Sword in the Darkness. If you really want to do the token strategy I'd consider Plague of Vermin (especially combined with Soul Warden or Soul's Attendant), Field of Souls, Teysa, Orzhov Scion, Ogre Slumlord, Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Bitterblossom, and maybe even Blade of Selves. Best of luck.