|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Modern Event Deck (MD1)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt (DDK)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Put three 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying into play.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||Snydog17 , RedMulligan , bakunet , , Reliva , TThors , TheAnnihilator , , teslacoil7992|
|Want (3)||Furiosto , mtgpat , Zeldark|
Spectral Procession Discussion
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
Id probably completely remove Alhammarrets Archive and replace 2-3 of those with Boon reflection or at least add the boons because of the legendary status Archive has, and then add Dawn of Hope or Well of Lost Dreams to actually use Archive fully. I feel that you should add Ajani's Pridemate to fully use the lifegain and the counter premise. Panharmonicon would be huge in this sort of deck. This is okay but is kinda super super slow because you dont get damage until you have 4+ land. id take out enough to add in Serra Ascendants. Timely Reinforcement is okay but Spectral Procession would be a lot better because you get tokens regardless of having less life than someone else, since you have a lifegain deck its more than likely youre going to have more life than others 90 percent of the time.Angelic accord is great, but id check out Crested Sunmare. 5/5 indestructible horses > 4/4 angels. Lone Rider Flip is a pretty solid 2 mana creature that can turn into a 4/4. Life gain is great....if you do something with all that life. In this deck youre not doing anything with all that life gain. I meant with stuff like Felidar Sovereign or Aetherflux Reservoir would actually weaponize your health which is what you want.
4 weeks ago
BloatedSquirrel, I would definitely say the Spectral Procession should go down in place of Anointed Procession. While getting a few good spirits is good, and can win games, about half the time you'll end up paying four or five mana for the Spectral Procession anyways. For the same cost, you could be making your opponent think -Really- hard about killing your Voice of Resurgence, especially on your turn. It also means that Gideon, Nissa, Secure the Wastes, and Blade Splicer are all incredible top-decks once the Procession is down. Primal Vigor also works as a -slightly- more budget version of Doubling Season, and if it's just about the token, Parallel Lives is functionally extra copies of Anointed Procession.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
This really looks like two separate, decent decks, mushed together into one deck that doesn't really feel like it knows where it's going. It's cool, but picking a lane would likely make this considerably stronger.
If you're mostly trying to lean into the lifegain triggers with beaters like Ajani's Pridemate and lots of little life gain like Soul's Attendant, you're actually aiming for something akin to the old competitive deck Soul Sisters. I'd definitely make a few of the following changes:
-Trade out Bloodbond Vampire for Archangel of Thune. It costs one more mana, but in return you get a creature that already has flying, has lifelink on the creature, and whenever you gain life it buffs every creature you have in play, instead of just itself.
-Trade out your recursion for single use token makers like Spectral Procession. You get more creatures for less mana, meaning more triggers for your new life gain creatures.
Alternatively, if you want to lean more into vampires... well there are a few ways to do it. My main suggestion would be to swap over to mono-black or B/R, but there are also good white vampires now. That particular design space is wide open still.
1 month ago
Thank you for the feedback. I didn't even realize Daybreak Coronet was like that lol. That's my bad. Only been playing magic for 2 months now. But seeing Spectral Procession I feel that would be the best replacement for the aggro. Thanks again for the feedback Disciple_of_Doran
1 month ago
Good work on the deck! This is already remarkably close to an old competitive modern deck, Soul Sisters. I think leaning into that a bit more would be a good way to power this up.
Let's start with the elephant in the room though. Daybreak Coronet has to go. It will only enchant creatures that already have another aura, but you have no other auras, so it does literal nothing here. I'd probably replace it with Spectral Procession. Getting three flying tokens is already good, but because of your cards like Soul Warden this will also turbo charge your creatures that grow when you gain life.
Speaking of, you should probably have more of those effects. Dropping Ajani's Mantra and Ajani's Sunstriker for Soul's Attendant and Auriok Champion will give you more frequent triggers, while also triggering off of one another.
1 month ago
I can tell just by looking at this briefly that this build has been improved over time as it looks very refined. As I am not experienced with this commander, take my comments with a grain of salt as you are more of the expert here.
I wonder if you could make use of more token producers - specifically ones that make at least 3 1/1 creatures at a time in order to use Teysa's first ability on demand if she's the only creature in play. Cards that come to mind include: Sengir Autocrat, Benevolent Offering, Increasing Devotion, Entrapment Maneuver, Spectral Procession, Martial Coup.
I think more card draw effects would be nice. I'm very surprised to not see Mentor of the Meek in here. I would argue that Read the Bones is strictly better than Painful Lesson. But overall I would consider adding a few more, some that come to mind that play well are: Damnable Pact, Skeletal Scrying, Blood Divination, Altar's Reap, Ancient Craving.
I think you could use more mana ramp. Besides mana rocks, you could take advantage of treasures with cards like Pitiless Plunderer.
Not sure if you've thought about focusing on strong cards that care about low CMC. Besides Mentor of the Meek, other cool cards could be added (some would even interact with Teysa): Unearth, Sun Titan, Reveillark, Citywide Bust.
Fun cards that come to mind that you could add:
- Razaketh, the Foulblooded Not a cheap card at around $6, but could be insane in this deck.
- Archfiend of Despair - also around $6 and high cmc, but would be nuts for ending a long game quickly
- Krav, the Unredeemed I know you said you recently traded him, but it could be worth hunting down another cheap non-foil one and run him with Regna, the Redeemer.
- Bontu the Glorified and/or Oketra the True
- Athreos, God of Passage not cheap at $12, but could be useful when you don't have tokens to sacrifice
- Eliminate the Competition - very underestimated IMO
- Black Market I'm usually very picky when it comes to enchantments at 5+ CMC, but maybe this one would be worth it in a long game since it sees tokens dying.
Lastly, a few cards I think could possibility be cut for any of the above (I am often eager to cut high CMC cards btw):
- Treasury Thrull - a good effect I'll admit, but I'm just not thrilled with the 6 CMC. If reviving creatures is your main goal, something like a Hell's Caretaker's effect for less mana might be better.
- Voldaren Pariah Flip - at her cmc with that effect, I think I'd rather run a board wipe instead
- Vizkopa Confessor - looks like a fun card, but I don't like the CMC.
- Profane Command - I don't know that this should be cut, but I'd encourage you to really ask yourself which modes you typically use because you might be able to get a card with the desired mode for less mana. If X spells are a way for you close out the game, you could consider Exsanguinate or Torment of Hailfire.
- Tamiyo's Journal - looks like a fun card, but idk about the cmc, requires a long game before providing lots of value.
- Tainted Sigil - I've never seen this card before, does it pay off well? I just don't like that people can see it on the board.
Overall, very impression decklist - glad you rebuilt it. Eager to face it next week.