Phenax, God of Deception
Legendary Enchantment Creature — God
As long as your devotion to blue or black is less than 7, Phenax isn't a creature
Creatures you control have " (Tap) target player puts top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard, where X is that creature's toughness"
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$2.7||$3.91||$6.6||$12.98||1.03 TIX||8.13 TIX|
|Have (23)||Dark_Shadow , limitin , jecder , asasinater13 , Tommuz , RazortoothMtg , Joklin , IcehawkFFC10 , ironax , Crow_Of_The_Void , MindAblaze , Milester856 , Malice_leche , Represser , CastleSiege , BlitzOmen , GriffinRider , Xunfor6iv3nX , Mazzuno , AndrewRyan , LordEcchi , mathimus55 , DrLitebur|
|Want (8)||swatdog , AlucardZain , Surferdunks , yokushin , dhgarcia , Adolith , Galdelonian , ApocTroll|
Phenax, God of Deception Discussion
3 days ago
Deranged Assistant - is a very decent manadork in blue. There are very few mana dorks in these colors.
Jace's Archivist may not be your best option in this deck, since my mill deck focuses more on untap effects than yours, but this guy can still discourage tutoring, and BLAST opponents if any player at the table builds a large hand size (which you can easily get with Consecrated Sphinx) - Imagine using his activated both at the end of the guy's turn ahead of you, AND after drawing on your turn? The mill would be pretty awesome!
Either way, +1 from me! This deck looks pretty good, but when it comes to mill I do have to say my main man is Phenax, God of Deception not Lazav, both are very good though.
6 days ago
There are lots of fun combos in Mill.
Then you have a turtle mill approach you can take with Phenax, God of Deception you would use in combination with Wall of Frost or Colossus of Akros (For lack of a more efficient defender at the moment), and tap these creatures at the end of your opponent's turn for some huge mill, then they become untapped on your turn to defend again for the next round.
6 days ago
It can be modern viable, but you would have to rework your mana curve. The deck as it is has a pretty high one. It needs way more 1 drops and way less 4-5 drops. I would only run a 1 of Traumatize, 1 Phenax, God of Deception, and 1 Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker. The legendary creatures make dead draws after the first one is out already and are pretty slow even if powerful. Also, Traumatize is expensive and gets a lot less exciting after the first. I would replace those slots with 4 Thought Scour. It doesn't mill as heavily as your other 1 drops, but DOES mill, and it draws you a card, which triggers tutelage, and abberation, and the mill you get from those cards helps will wight and abberation and it helps- Nevermind, you get the point. It seems solid.
1 week ago
You're doin god's work son.
Phenax, God of Deception, Hover Barrier, Fog Bank, Wall of Frost, Undead Alchemist, Mind Grind, Glimpse the Unthinkable, Archive Trap, Hedron Crab, Keening Stone, Increasing Confusion, Jace, Memory Adept, Altar of the Brood, Sword of Body and Mind
Lim-Dul's Vault bc goddamn that guy can't top deck to save his life
1 week ago
I think there are a lot of ineffective cards in there. You just put a lot of 1~2 mill cards without a strong strategy, and a lot of heavily costed cards. That's not commander.
Creatures: [8 Substitutions, total 10 creatures (-2 creatures)]
Lands: [6 Substitutions, total 22 lands (-2 lands)]
Enchantments: [2 Substitutions, total 4 enchantments (+1)]
Add: 3 Sphinx's Tutelage
Artifacts: [0 substitution, total 0 artifacts (-5 artifacts)]
Sorcery: _[7 Substitutions, total 7 sorcery (-3 sorcery)]
Instants: _[4 Substitutions, total 16 instants (+10 instants)]
Planeswalker [1 substitution, total 1 planeswalker]
Add:1 Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver
1 week ago
For fun, I would recommend Phenax, God of Deception since you have kiora (i mean the 9/9 kraken), Sagu Mauler and Silumgar, the Drifting Death to take advantage of mill (in case for some reason, you cannot go through to their defenses) lol
2 weeks ago
Add black with Phenax, God of Deception and more walls maybe.
2 weeks ago
Okay, you asked for it, champ. This looks like an awesome basis for something really good. I think you're having issues with speed because of how many combos you're trying to pull off here. For example + as a 2 of isn't going to get you to activate it enough. That's a combo that needs to focused around because of the specific cards needed. Also, I think that if you're going to go for the unblockable mill, you should focus more on that. I think you should get rid of your mill enchantments and put things like Mindcrank. I think that would fit more into what you're doing here. Profane Memento (lol always coming back to this card) could help you with survivability.
If you're hellbent on keeping Hedron Crab, something like Oboro, Palace in the Clouds could help maintain that landfall effect. Otherwise, I would recommend something like Fog Bank, or Wall of Frost to stall for time.
On that note, an alternate wincon there would be to add those walls, and also Phenax, God of Deception. Basically you sit and stall with big, annoying defenders, then at the end of your opponents turn, tap your defenders for some massive mill, then they untap right after to stay up for defending.
Let me know if any of that didn't make sense. I'm pretty rusty on my mill game
|Power / Toughness||4/7|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Born of the Gods||Mythic Rare|
- Phenax, God of Deception + Wall of Limbs
- Kiora's Follower + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Nighthowler + Phenax, God of Deception
- Phenax, God of Deception + Consuming Aberration
- Knacksaw Clique + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Infinite Reflection + Phenax, God of Deception
- Nighthowler + Phenax, God of Deception
- Eater of the Dead + Phenax, God of Deception
- Phenax, God of Deception + Thassa's Ire
- Disciple of Deceit + Phenax, God of Deception + Triton Tactics
- Phenax, God of Deception + Triton Tactics + Wall of Frost
- Phenax, God of Deception + Thassa's Devourer
- Phenax, God of Deception + Szadek, Lord of Secrets
- Disciple of Deceit + Phenax, God of Deception
- Nighthowler + Phenax, God of Deception + Quickling
- Phenax, God of Deception + Siren of the Silent Song
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage + Phenax, God of Deception
- Lazav, Dimir Mastermind + Phenax, God of Deception
- Heroes' Bane + Phenax, God of Deception
- Phenax, God of Deception + Prophet of Kruphix
- Phenax, God of Deception + Relentless Rats
- King Macar, the Gold-Cursed + Phenax, God of Deception
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir + Phenax, God of Deception
- Phenax, God of Deception + Wight of Precinct Six
- Phenax, God of Deception + Wall of Frost
- Consuming Aberration + Glimpse the Unthinkable + Phenax, God of Deception
- Phenax, God of Deception + Shape the Sands
- Phenax, God of Deception + Profane Memento
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Phenax, God of Deception
- Dragon's Eye Savants + Phenax, God of Deception + Prophet of Kruphix
- Altar of Dementia + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception
- Phenax, God of Deception + Szadek, Lord of Secrets + Thousand-Year Elixir
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Undead Alchemist
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Phenax, God of Deception
- Phenax, God of Deception + Triton Tactics
- Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker + Phenax, God of Deception
- Phenax, God of Deception + Thousand-Year Elixir
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Traumatize