|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control twenty or more creatures, you win the game.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Epic Struggle Discussion
1 week ago
To avoid milling yourself you can slide in something like Elixir of Immortality or one of the original eldrazi. Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre. Could also do Emrakul, the Aeons Torn if no one in your area cares about the ban list.
For win cons one of the eldrazi above can work if you get to where it is you vs your last opponent. I see a starfield but maybe Opalescence too? You are a bit pillowy so Helix Pinnacle or Epic Struggle could do the job.
1 month ago
If you didn't already know, it was also part of a cycle of cards in Odyssey block that offered neat challenges for building a deck with an alternate win condition:
2 months ago
Hey, if $250 total budget then you're already way over budget because Land Tax is a $25 card and Concordant Crossroads is a $15 card both are currently not being counted in the total of the deck. Even if have a low budget you can still play a bunch of the Selesyna dual lands. The manabase here is really bad, 36 Basic lands? Cutting 10-11 Basic lands will not hurt the manabase or Land Tax's ability, there's still plenty of Basic lands. You're not going to draw Land Tax every game and in games you don't draw it having duals will help to play spells.
Consider these lands:
- Command Tower: Commander staple for $1
- Canopy Vista: works well with Basic lands
- Selesnya Sanctuary: works well with Basic lands
- Fortified Village: works well with Basic lands
- Sunpetal Grove: works well with Basic lands
- Temple of Plenty
- Stirring Wildwood
- Blossoming Sands
- Graypelt Refuge
- Grove of the Guardian: create an 8/8 token that can then be populated
- Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree: repeatable token maker on a land
Also consider these cards:
- Imperious Perfect: repeatable Elf token maker and lord for Elf tokens
- Mentor of the Meek: can be a draw engine with Rhys tokens, four mana create a token and draw a card. Very good with populate
- Rampaging Baloths: good finisher because of trample, creates 4/4 Beast tokens by playing lands
- Mirror Entity: make all tokens huge power and toughness for a turn, is an Elf
- Hornet Queen: flying deathtouch bees are very scary for your opponents especially when you start populating them
- Swords to Plowshares: Commander staple white removal spell
- Beast Within: Commander staple green removal spell
- Sundering Growth: one of the better populate spells
- Rootborn Defenses: one of the better populate spells, protect token army from board wipe or removal
- Advent of the Wurm: a 5/5 token with trample is very good with populate
- Epic Struggle: win the game by creating and populating tokens
- Oblivion Ring: Commander staple white removal
Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
Hmm Epic Struggle seems like an easy way to win. But I would never cast that card without doing it with instant speed. Noway am I giving the table a chance to stop it
3 months ago
Man. Sometimes playing this deck must be an epic struggle.
But really, epic struggle is an amazing token wincon.
3 months ago
Maybe you can consider Huatli, Radiant Champion as well?
Seance is a really nice way to recover from boardwipes (and to abuse ETB triggers, but mostly recover from boardwipes), since an opponent's gonna cast one sooner or later against a tokens deck.
Panharmonicon is a really nice way to abuse Trostani's lifegain ability.
3 months ago
Seance is a great way to recover from any sweeper, and believe me, if you're running Trostani as a commander, someone's bound to cast one sooner or later. You just need to copy the token produced by Seance so that it won't go away. It also can abuse cards like Craterhoof Behemoth
4 months ago
What about Epic Struggle was an alternate win condition?