|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||None|
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Common|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Khalni Garden enters the battlefield tapped.
When Khalni Garden enters the battlefield, create a 0/1 green Plant creature token.
: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||dplerner , maR2307 , Friedrice24 , frederiklw , Oskani , bakunet , pskinn01 , rakdos24 , GeminiSpartanX|
Khalni Garden Discussion
3 weeks ago
Overall, it looks pretty good. I love your inclusion of Ornithopter, there's nothing better than winning a game because of a 0/2 creature.
Arachnogenesis could be great if you have you commander out and you opponent is playing agro. Prevent all damage, gut a bunch of creatures, then get a bunch of experience counters. Fungal Sprouting or Cobra Trap can be good for the same reasons minus damage prevention.
I would recommend replacing Triskelion with Walking Ballista. Triskelion might be the better deal for 6 mana, but Walking Ballista is more versatile. You can cast it sooner or later and give it more counters when you have no use for extra mana.
That's about all I can think of. Good luck with commander! And keep in mind that if you're just playing with friends you don't have to worry much about building the best deck in the world. Build a deck that you think will be fun to play.
2 months ago
2 months ago
2 months ago
Here's the problem: since lands can be played every turn, especially lands from the Command Zone, as far as I can tell, I might have missed one, but your design must adhere to one of these criteria to be balanced:
- If it were a nonland card that cost 1 or less, it would be fair. Compare Dryad Arbor to Llanowar Elves. The reason is because in order to get this creature, you're effectively spending 1; it's a land with summoning sickness. It's not quite a creature land, but compare Khalni Garden to Kobolds of Kher Keep.
- It can turn into a creature temporarily. By far the most common form of creature land, these will have an activated ability that turns them into a creature, which usually lasts until end of turn. These abilities generally cost what a creature would cost for that power and toughness but not always.
- It can turn into a creature permanently, but it costs more than a creature with that power and toughness would cost. Examples are Stalking Stones, Westvale Abbey Flip, Tomb of Urami, Cradle of the Accursed and Dark Depths. Here, I have grouped "sacrifice and make a token" into this group, too.
- It has a cost as it enters the battlefield. There are no real examples of creature lands that do this, but you could play around with the drawbacks like Transguild Promenade or Gruul Turf or Lotus Vale, or other things like "all lands you control enter the battlefield tapped".
So, how about these ideas:
Thoboes, the Mana Flow
If Thoboes, the Mana Flows would enter the battlefield, sacrifice an untapped Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, and Forest instead. If you do, put Thoboes onto the battlefield. If you don't, put it into its owner's graveyard.
: You may cast a spell from your hand without paying its mana cost.
I'd like to point out that just because an effect is symmetric, doesn't mean that it can be undercosted. Giving everyone the ability to play every spell that costs more than 5, for exactly 5, effectively just makes it a slow motion game of Eureka. If it were a personal effect, we'd compare it to a bad Omniscience, and cost it that way.
That said, I figure this ability is about the power level of having a Fist of Suns on the battlefield along with a land of each basic land type.
But, this land isn't a creature, so I don't know how much you'd like it. Making it a creature would open it up to all sorts of removal, especially with such a high cost.
Anyway, that was 3 ideas for your consideration. Let's keep the brainstorming going, shall we?
3 months ago
I like your list. It seems more aimed at beating face with big hitters. I especially liked to see Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer and Abundance in there. Also a quite affordable list! Here are some thoughts I had for you to consider.
- First thing that I notice is your curve. I think your deck might perform better if you could smooth out the curve somewhat. Do you ever have issues with consistency? Curve could be a key consideration for future adaptations of your list. You are especially low on 2-drops and 5 drops and probably a little too high on 6+ drops and 3 drops.
- Here are some cards you could consider in those slots: Scavenging Ooze. Vexing Shusher, Life from the Loam, Lightning Greaves, Lotus Cobra, Gatecreeper Vine, Sylvan Library, Urabrask the Hidden, Primal Command, Garruk, Primal Hunter, Creeping Renaissance, Titania, Protector of Argoth
- I would cut Gruul Signet for something that fetches you a land instead, as that is more synergistic (perhaps Nissa's Pilgrimage?).
- Mountain Valley is strictly better than - Evolving Wilds / Terramorphic Expanse as it can fetch one of your duals. I am also more fan of the panoramic lands (like Naya Panorama) than wilds and expanse, because you can time the landfall it provides.
- Some other land tips in no particular order: Ghost Town (great with Burgeoning), Undiscovered Paradise, Khalni Garden, Radiant Fountain, Glacial Chasm and the new Scavenger Grounds are great lands to consider for more land-shenanigans without blowing your budget through the roof. Also, if you can get your hands on a Dryad Arbor, that would very well match your Green Sun's Zenith.
Hope that there is something there that meets your vision for the deck!
GL and HF,
4 months ago
4 months ago
-Creatures & QTY_
Take Stormtide Leviathan down to one (1), give yourself more options.
Add Hedron Crab, to start removing odds of cards for your opponent and limiting their options for how to deal with this deck.
Take Silver Myr down to two (2).
Look up search for target cards so if in the starting hand doesn't have what you need then when you get this "search for card", you can then get your rythem going and start your WC.
Add some more control to buy yourself time for the big creatures.
- Do not count on Silver Myr to supplement your mana supply because you may or may not ever get one out.
- Your land needs to be 24-26 cards. Your land will be imbalanced and you will find it lacking and run into an extreme opposite of v1 of this deck which would be worse than having too much. Imagine having all the cards you need but nothing to play them with.
- I am not sure why Khalni Garden, is within this deck. Khalni Garden makes the lands feel unfocused.