|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Modern Event Deck (MD1)||Common|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Common|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Cleric
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (27)||mtgmanatee , ZombieFood , pokemate0 , Friedrice24 , frederiklw , TheDuggernaught , xpsychovampx , the.beanpole , bakeraj4 , Mousemke , jtfran02 , pskinn01 , Supremespeed , TheAlmostHero , Yawkcorb , Swamy , , dbp512 , Sparky41 , Oloro_Magic , Xunfor6iv3nX , mazrimtaim , tlhunter07 , philktoken8998 , PTsmitty , Wiggins , DruneGrey|
|Want (3)||Turtlelover73 , Berilio , Daeyel|
Soul Warden Discussion
18 hours ago
Auriok Champion is probably a better Soul Warden just for it's protections, like humans playing 2 drops isn't a big deal, but 4 Norin the Wary is probably just too many. Vial decks typically only have room for 4 other noncreature spells, and I'm not entirely sold on Purphoros, but I understand it. But you also have a decent chunk of Non-humans spells too, even if you're not running Unclaimed Territory, which definitely is going to feel clunky.
I think an aristocrat build of Humans is absolutely viable tho, and I think you can keep working on it :)
I hope this might give some ideas as well, also a non-typical human deck: High Priest Humans.
2 days ago
Really like it! Have you considered Splashing either White or Black? White gives you access to cards like Soul Warden and Suture Priest And Black gives lets you play stuff like Blood Seeker, Blood Artist, And Illness in the Ranks
I play a deck very similar to this with Mardu Colors. Cream Cheese
on Oloro Stuff
3 days ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.
3 days ago
I'd run the deck closer to a soul sisters deck. Here is the decklist I'd run:
4x Soul Warden
Something like that, it would be cleric heavy soul sisters, but lifegain and tokens too.
3 days ago
Have fun brewing!
4 days ago
Cards I don't like... Wing Shards, Soul Nova, Miraculous Recovery, Miraculous Recovery, Divine Reckoning, Gossamer Chains because it targets, Faith's Fetters, Blade of the Bloodchief, Elixir of Immortality, Soul's Attendant, Soul Warden, Kozilek's Channeler, Jazal Goldmane, Archetype of Courage
6 days ago
I like a lot the deck, first time I see something really good with saprolings! the only thing I can suggest is something like Thallid Germinator, maybe instead of 2 Essence/Soul Warden (I think 8 may be too many but it's up to you), it creates some tokens and can save some creatures or add some damage. Have you considered something like Foul-Tongue Shriek? It may be good if you mass-attack with your saprolings!
10/10 would eat vegetables again
1 week ago
Hey there! I've got a similar build I came up with a while back that I've played the crap out of:
I would definitely recommend Commune with the Gods. So, so solid for the targets we want to hit.
I also find that Soul Warden is usually just a "win more" card. If you're going to swing with a million Elves next turn, anyway, infinite life gain almost never matters, in my experience. Might be SB-worthy for burn or aggro, but I lean away from them -- especially in place of something like Commune, which can find our wincons, while the Soul Sisters cannot.
It's a super fun deck, hope you enjoy it! Cheers!