|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Event Deck||Common|
|2010 Core Set||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Cleric
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Soul Warden Discussion
4 hours ago
A Gatherer Search for Fungus will prove useful.Thelon of Havenwood if you rock Fungus.Soul Warden, Essence Warden, Soul's Attendant, Auriok Champion is expensive, Leyline of Vitality,Suture Priest, Ivy Lane Denizen, Sigil Captain, Archangel of Thune.
1 day ago
Minor tweaks basted on cards I have in stock
- Lingering Souls --> Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Drana's Emissary --> Soul Warden
- Academy Rector --> Darksteel Plate
2 days ago
Then why is Gaddock Teeg in tier 2? Your argument is completely backwards, decks honed to the current meta are way better than decks that aren't. I don't understand the logic behind saying that a deck that isn't prepared to fight what it's going to fight is better than a deck that is. Of course a troll Melira, Sylvok Outcast deck for fighting Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon or a Soul Warden deck to fight Purphoros, God of the Forge aren't going to go far but I completely understand putting in a Fog or a Chaos Warp respectively if those to Commanders are in your meta.
2 days ago
It depends on how you stack the two lifegain abilities.
- Ageless Entity enters the battlefield, triggering Soul Warden and Trostani, Selesnya's Voice. Both lifegain abilities are put onto the stack. As they are put on the stack at the same time, you chose the order. To get the most out of it, you put Trostani's ability on the bottom and the Warden's ability on top.
- The Warden's ability resolves. It is modified by Rhox Faithmender's replacement effect. You gain 2 life (2x1).
- Ageless Entity' ability triggers and is put onto the stack.
- When it resolves, Entity gains 2 counters. It is now a 6/6.
- Trostani's ability resolves, again modified. Only now the value of the creature's toughness is checked. You gain 12 life (2x6). The stack is now empty.
- Entity triggers, the ability is put onto the stack.
- When it resolves, Entity gains 12 counters.
All in all, You gain 14 life and 14 +1/+1 counter are put onto Ageless Entity.
If you put Trostani's ability on top of the stack, you would get 2x4 + 2x1 = 10 life and counters.
3 days ago
3 days ago
As mentioned, because the Angel has two linked abilities instead of the modern "Exile until this permanent leaves the battlefield," whatever you target will be permanently exiled if they kill Admonition Angel in response to the trigger, but they will be able to kill her. Also, if her entering the battlefield causes another ability to trigger (Such as a Soul Warden either player controls) the ability will be put on the stack before you can play a land and the entire tapping and killing will be able to happen before you have a chance to trigger the landfall ability.
1 week ago
Thank you all for the feedback and apoligies for the late response. Lately I've been taking a break from brewing EDH decks, so I'm not visiting TO very frequently.
All good suggestions, But I don't really see what I should take out. In general I'm not running very high on life, so I don't think I can make use of the abilities, and most of the time I would not have mana for Well of Lost Dreams.
My meta has all kinds of decks. Some people got T1 and others (few) play OTC commander decks. Most decks are T2 or T3 trying not to combo out in turn 4 or 5. I build this deck because I like extort and drain, but it has been far more powerfull and fun than I anticipated, at least in my meta.
- Aven Mindcensor and Thalia (both of them, but I assume you meant Thalia, Heretic Cathar are awesome, but there is so much I want in the deck, and drain and enchantments are higher on my list.
- Authority of the Consuls looks just right for the deck (enchantment, cheap, and good for Karlov).
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation is pretty nice. I'm not sure what to take out, but I will consider him for a slot when I do.
- Flickering Ward is a great suggestion. I'll see what I can doo to find it a slot.
- I did not consider Gray Merchant of Asphodel for this deck, but I think I should! Thank you.
I'm not updating the deck right now (as I like to keep it in sync with the paper version), but I want to make room for these cards (all very low casting cost except for Merchant):
- Soul Warden - more triggers for Karlov and Recurable
- Soul's Attendant - for more Karlov Triggers and Recurable
- Authority of the Consuls - OK, On theme, and recurable
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation - Tax and triggers for Karlov
- Flickering Ward - more triggers for Karlov, cheap (good for extort) and helps Karlov survive.
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel - Recurable Exsanguinate. Could work with my devotion.
- Darksteel Plate - Karlov deserves the best
- Swiftfoot Boots - Would look good on Karlov. (If no Flickering Ward I'd rather use Lightning Greaves)
I'll update the maybeboard accordingly.
1 week ago
Don't worry, lifegain decks are viable. There's a semipopular modern deck called soul sisters that gains a lot of life off of cards like Soul Warden& Soul's Attendant, then bashing dace with Ajani's Pridemate & Serra Ascendant. Might be worth looking at a couple of those decks if you want a faster clock. (I'll throw a link at the end of this)