|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Hour of Devastation (HOU)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Bontu's Last Reckoning
Destroy all creatures. Lands you control don't untap during your next untap step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||L4DMalus , Rez09 , theilluminaire , Atroxreaper , AlertKnave8075 , Lucan2000 , TuckerMTG , mcstang1986 , brokendwarf , TimothyClover , Va1mar , snackeater , Sparky41 , mymanpotsandpans , awalloftext , Reliva , AlucardZain , _raeofsunlight , Kiortio , Dredgar , Hakira|
|Want (3)||Dannyel , capriom85 , darthnuchi|
Bontu's Last Reckoning Discussion
7 hours ago
That's true, and Dinos might not be in your local meta.
This is why I do like in the current Standard.
14 hours ago
Why no Fatal Push or Vraska's Contempt? Keep in mind Amonkhet and Hour of Devastation are also rotating out. As for Carnage Tyrant, you could get rid of it with Lost Legacy and Bontu's Last Reckoning or other boardwipes.
2 days ago
These are the things I think your deck needs to fix, if you want to make it competitive.
(I can't tell if this deck can go 5-0, as I don't know your local meta.)
The number of lands you have is too small. I often had to mulligan, as I had one or none in my opening hand.
You need some lands that will help you colour fix. Tri coloured decks just don't work without these, at the moment.
I would do something like this:
2x Aether Hub
3x Concealed Courtyard
3x Drowned Catacomb
3x Evolving Wilds
3x Glacial Fortress
You need better removal than Fatal Push.
If your Opponent has large Creatures they will get away with their game plan, and overrun you, particularly if they have efficient, early removal.
A deck like Stompy Whompy Dinos outraces you.
Vraska's Contempt would work better for you, I feel.
- Counter spells
You have access to , so you should use Counter spells in your deck.
Cancel is cheap, but so is Admiral's Order.
It might feel as though you will weaken your deck by taking out some Token focused cards for other spells, but in point of fact you will strengthen it.
Flame-Chained wrecked your deck by Sideboarding in Lost Legacy, and Gonti, Lord of Luxury. If you had a Counter Spell in hand, you could have stopped those cards from taking your stuff.
For a Sideboard, I would do something like this:
2x Bontu's Last Reckoning - board wipes everything, but you can Embalm your Creatures. Deals with Carnage Tyrant.
2x Dispossess - removes annoying Artifacts.
3x Essence Scatter - Counter their biggest Creature.
3x Lost Legacy - take their Approach of the Second Sun.
4x Negate - stop Planeswalkers, Approach of the Second Sun, board wipes, etc.
1x Vizier of Many Faces - also good against Carnage Tyrant, Ghalta, Primal Hunger, and just about any annoying Creature.
This assumes you have a Counter spell and Vraska's Contempt in your Mainboard.
Hope that feedback helps.
2 days ago
Is this for 1v1 or multiplayer?
Stranglehold is a good card against them. Other than that, I've found sweepers and blockers can do the trick. It depends how much protection/evasion your Narset player uses in their deck.
Edict effects would work well too, since Narset is usually their only creature. Diabolic Edict, Chainer's Edict, Fleshbag Marauder, Innocent Blood, Liliana of the Veil, Merciless Executioner, Slum Reaper, Smallpox, Syphon Flesh, Tyrant's Choice.
So Black-Red looks like a good choice. Maybe use Mogis, God of Slaughter as your commander?
2 days ago
You should probably add it under the hubs "control" or "aggro" (your choice: to me, it's kind of a combination). For me, your description is BEGGING for one of my suggestions: Bontu's Last Reckoning. It's a great board wipe that will clear your opponent's board before playing your own creatures and attacking.
2 days ago
Why do you run Bontu's Last Reckoning in the main?
5 days ago
Hi these are in my opinion some bad card choices for your deck.
- Library of Leng it's just simply a worse option than Reliquary Tower or Thought Vessel.
- Ghirapur Orrery you shouldn't use this having green. You can just use Exploration for the additional land drops, its way cheaper to cast and only benefits yourself. You wont use the second ability of the orrery because you will draw a lot of cards from Gitrog (that's why you made it your commander) so you're just helping your oponents. There are also many creatures that allow you to play additional lands.
- Dark Heart of the Wood You can only sacrifice Forests and the 3 lifes doesn't seem to be worth it.
- Rites of Flourishing Once againg helping others more that yourself. You'll already be drawing more cards that your oponents and there are better ways to put lands on the battlefield.
- Overwhelming Stampede awesome card but feels it's on the wrong deck, you dont have many creatures, you won't be drawing it together with Avenger of Zendikar
- Decree of Pain and In Garruk's Wake two super high cost board wipes, you may not be able to cast them when you need a board wipe. There are many low cost budget options Bontu's Last Reckoning, Deadly Tempest, Life's Finale or Deathbringer Regent to name a few. Or you can have one tailored to Gitrog with Kindred Dominance there wont be many Horrors and Frogs on the Battlefield so you can be pretty sure it will destroy everything but Gitrog.
- Artisan's Sorrow A bit expensive for a Naturalize with Scry 2. I kinda like better for the same CMC those that give you a card Mystic Melting, Slice in Twain and Rending Vines (lower CMC, but a bit conditional). The most popular version of naturalize for EDH players is Krosan Grip but there are many options for you to explore.
- Grisly Spectacle a weak card in my opinion, milling your opponent a few cards is futile unless your game is milling them to death but if you are running it I gues it's because you dont have anything better. You have many options in black for removal, my favorite is Silence the Believers
- Ayumi, the Last Visitor If you are running this it's because your meta has a lot of legendary lands, even so it may be better for you to get some flyers, this card won't kill your oponent fast enough.
- Liege of the Tangle high cost slow and pray your oponents don't have a boar wipe in their hands once you turn your lands into creatures after you attack.
- Penumbra Spider I suppose flyers give you a hard time and that is why you run this. It gives you two blocks (as it will most likely die on each block) without really solving your problem. Deadly Recluse will keep more scary flyers away than you can countb (nobody wants to waste a perfectly good dragon on a CMC 2 common spider), Silklash Spider has a decent toughness and can hurricane those pesky flyers, Ishkanah, Grafwidow will put three extra bodies with Reach on the Battlefield or maybe what you need is a Whirlwind.
- Phage the Untouchable lovely card with lots of charisma but you can't give her Haste and Hexproof/Shroud with Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves she may be useless. You only have the Key to the City and Rogue's Passage to get her through the enemy lines. I hope she never gets flicked because you would lose the game.
You can check my own The Gitrog Monster deck Deadly Gitrog that capitalizes on Deathtouch (Gitrog's and many other deathtouchers in the deck) and has a lot of recursion to get some ideas. It works amazingly in my group. Many cards in your deck are also in mine.
6 days ago
@ divinagon I was originally running one fetid pools and one Drowned Catacomb for the two Botanical Sanctum. I do agree with you about the Sweltering Suns but my local meta has a lot of big dinos so Bontu's Last Reckoning is just better in that situation. Thanks for the insight though(: