|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas (DDH)||Common|
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Shaman
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||ironax , DarkMagician , raymaverick97 , BlueMageBrandon , pokemate0 , frederiklw , TheDuggernaught , sonnet666 , richardmv , pskinn01 , Sparky41|
|Want (4)||Turtlelover73 , Portwood , richardmv , TheDuggernaught|
Essence Warden Discussion
1 day ago
Here's an initial potential cutlist of cards I don't think synergize well with your goal, or have direct better upgrades: Elgaud Shieldmate Essence Warden Phantom Nantuko Phytohydra Fade into Antiquity Mouth / Feed Revoke Existence Lifecrafter's Gift Frozen AEther Primal Rage Lightmine Field Azorius Keyrune Obelisk of Bant Selesnya Keyrune. There are some others I'm not sure on but those will have to be chosen on based on what direction you choose to go with this.
5 days ago
Nice to see Trostani! The lifegain build is more effective than people imagine, so I'm glad you're making the most of it.
If you're playing around lifegain, might I suggest Alhammarret's Archive for double on your gains? Soul Warden and Essence Warden would also go really well here, as they will also gain life for your opponent's creatures as well as yours.
Also, have you considered Glare of Subdual? It can shut down attackers pretty effectively.
So glad to see an earnest Trostani deck though, not enough people use her anymore!
1 week ago
Nice deck! Automatic +1 for elves. Definitely switch out Ranger's Guile for Blossoming Defense for obvious reasons. I'd also suggest moving Essence Warden and Ezuri's Archers to the sideboard and using a mana dork like Elvish Mystic or Llanowar Elves instead. As for other suggestions and ideas I'd say check out my elf deck>This is How Elves Party!. I've played it in Modern a few times and it always does well. Good luck!
1 week ago
1 week ago
Hold up. You have Essence Warden as 4 in both side and main. Not only is that against the rules but you could add more fun stuff if you fixed it!! Personally i would side 1 more Craterhoof Behemoth, 2 Primal Command, and 1 Ezuri, Renegade Leader in place of those 4 wardens. That would give you a stronger wincon system post board once they know about the splinter combo.
1 month ago
I was unable to find a tribe in your deck. There are some token generators, but few enough that a tribal card would be a dead draw most of the time. For those reasons, I'd recommend removing these:
A lot of the utility of the deck comes from being able to massacre your tokens in the name of -1/-1 counters (e.g. Blowfly Infestation and any of Flourishing Defenses, Nest of Scarabs, or Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons herself. Add Blood Artist (or similar) and it's an infinite wincon). Any creature with 2+ toughness will not be killable from a single counter, so anything that buffs toughness without a major benefit just weakens the deck. For those reasons, I'd recommend cutting these:Skullclamp.
Various other cuttables:
- Spread the Sickness - sorcery speed kill is pretty "meh".
- Shambling Swarm - the counters go away at end of turn, and it's likely he'll die in a boardwipe (so there won't be anyone to put the counters on anyway), and he has 3 devotion.
- Soulstinger - similar to Shambling Swarm, it's likely he'll die in a boardwipe (so there won't be anyone to put the counters on). Also, you're getting a weak creature in the hopes of doing something useful with it - better to just get a good creature in the first place.
- Decimator Beetle - moves one counter, once per turn, and it has to attack to trigger.
- Essence Warden - the lifegain doesn't get you anything
- Fume Spitter - insufficient recursion to really get a benefit from him
- Wicker Warcrawler - why include a creature that just gets worse?
- Tower Above - i'm on the fence on this one. The CMC is a bit high, but the benefits could be large.
- Needle Specter - Also on the fence. I like it more than the spell though.
- Rendclaw Trow - a 2/2 with wither and nothing else. 2 damage will just be ignored on attack until he dies in a wipe, or manages to block and get you (at best) 3 tokens.
You need to have a minimum of 37 lands. You're also playing , the color whose greatest strength is the massive ramp it can accomplish. If you swap all the cards noted for lands and acceleration, i would expect the deck to play significantly better. Also, don't use rocks for the ramp, unless land-wipe is common in your meta. It's easy and common for artifacts to die, but (usually) much harder to kill a land. I'd recommend the standard ramp:
- Cabal Coffers + Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
- Kodama's Reach
- Skyshroud Claim
- Explosive Vegetation
1 month ago
Soul's Attendant, Soul Warden, and Essence Warden would probably be very useful in this deck. Comeuppance isn't legal in modern, maybe you could use Fog or Druid's Deliverance instead? I like the deck a lot, and I hope I was able to help.