Blooming Marsh enters the battlefield tapped unless you control two or fewer other lands.
: Add or to your mana pool.
|Have (4)||Horizon97 , , metalmagic ,|
|Want (6)||Zacblu10 , Sodaman64 , Gaous , S3KShun8_Elite , Rabu , Oliviridian|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Blooming Marsh occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.23%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
Blooming Marsh Discussion
1 month ago
If you're playing aggro, you want 4 Blooming Marsh and probably 0 Quagmire. Advocate is probably not very good here if you're running only 23 lands because it will be very difficult to get to 6 lands in Pioneer. I would also drop Field of Ruin because, again, you're an aggro deck simply trying to clock your opponent. There aren't any threatening lands in the format to warrant a slot to a colorless mana source. I would Max out on Knight of the Ebon Legion and Scrapheap Scrounger .
Here's what I would change: -4 Sylvan Advocate -1 Scavenging Ooze -1 Tireless Tracker -2 Questing Beast -1 Liliana, the Last Hope -1 Vraska, Golgari Queen -3 Fatal Push -1 Collective Brutality -2 Field of Ruin -2 Hissing Quagmire
Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
As for the Sideboard, you probably don't need Plague anymore, since Field of the Dead is.. well, dead. I would honestly set it up for what you most expect to play against. X number of Duress, Graveyard hate (Ashiok/Leyline of the Void/Scooze), Artifact hate (Reclamation Sage), Creature hate (Cast Down/Doom Blade/Languish/Cry of the Carnarium). There will still be some Nissa/Big Mana decks you'll have to look out for.
1 month ago
- Jund is amazing in every way except for you wallet. That is the worst part of jund. Discard spells impower your Tarmogoyf so running those is super important. Enough to want more Thoughtseize
- Dark Confidant is really good. It helps fight back the down side of discard cards. would recommand, and its early black devotion. Even when we take 5 on Gary when we cast him we heal so there is up side. Getting closer to our win con is always better. We dont need 20 life to win only 1.
- Scavenging Ooze is pretty powerful, you do have rest in peace in the SB but its still worth considering.
- Plague Engineer can help as well. Id play only one though. I see some decks play Murderous Rider as well as a one of.
- Collective Brutality is a very powerful card. I have been on the receiving end many times and lost because of the value this card gets you.
- I would recommend more removal. Espically at least 1x Abrupt Decay and one more Assassin's Trophy . Id be even more comfortable playing 2 more Fatal Push .
- The Reasons for blue: oko,3/3 elks, oko, and filtering with Snap caster. Unless you fight a lot of burn dont go blue.
- Reasons for red: Bolt is Life (cheap removal), Blood braid value (remember she was banned for some time), and wrenn and six. Jund is much more powerful than this build. That being said its not the archtype, and its wayyyyy more spendy.
- For land you want at least to "horizon lands" such as Nurturing Peatland and fast lands such as Blooming Marsh . Field of Ruin can also really help.
- Kitchen Finks is a great SB card and so is Fulminator Mage . Most play Nihil Spellbomb but you have white so you dont need this. By adding all this removal you wont need Damnation in your SB.
- Not a big fan of Mishra's Bauble or Grim Flayer . 10 Fetches is also a little high i would consider cutting down on those. To 6 or 8.
- You are abzan so i will say Worship is a card Giver of Runes Path to Exile and Angel's Grace are cards. As well as Siege Rhino . White also gets you Vizier of Remedies + Devoted Druid for infinite mana. - Tireless Tracker is also a good card draw engine although its not black.
- Other cards to consider Postmortem Lunge Eladamri's Call Finale of Devastation Sin Collector Eidolon of Rhetoric and Collector Ouphe
1 month ago
2 months ago
Just like Deathrite Shaman is not great in the format because of the lack of fetchlands, I also find Fatal push underwhelming.
I think Once Upon a Time will work really great for you ensuring your mana is fixed for that T1 goose, or T2 Grimm Flayer, and later on the game can help you fetch an answer.
The extra Assassin's Trophy should help you deal with the wave of enchantment and planeswalkers that seem to be all over current meta.
2 months ago
3 months ago
As it is you're probably right in thinking that the deck is too slow. Infect is typically aggro/combo, and gets quick wins in through pump spells. Scale Up is great, but consider some of the following as well:
- Mutagenic Growth (excellent as a 0-mana spell)
- Vines of Vastwood (both protection and, when kicked, a pump spell. It's amazing!)
- Groundswell (although better if you can afford fetches)
- Might of Old Krosa
In terms of mana, Golgari Rot Farm is definitely too slow. Woodland Cemetery is not ideal, as it doesn't come in untapped turn one, but it is a reasonable alternative. Fetches and shocks are of course great, but Blooming Marsh is a good choice too. Lands 1-3 are typically far more important than anything else for Infect.
My final suggestion for now would be to put Deathmark and Surgical Extraction in the sideboard, unless your local meta is particularly skewed. Even then, you should probably focus on your own plan more than disrupting other people's with infect.
4 months ago
Nice Deck, Abzan is one of the best tri colors for tokens, the only problem I can see regards the lands. I would consider adding some of the following lands: Godless Shrine , Temple Garden , Sunpetal Grove , Isolated Chapel , Silent Clearing , Concealed Courtyard , Marsh Flats , Fetid Heath , Caves of Koilos , Nurturing Peatland , Blooming Marsh , Llanowar Wastes , Verdant Catacombs , Twilight Mire , Scattered Groves , Razorverge Thicket , Canopy Vista , Brushland , Windswept Heath , Wooded Bastion , and possibly Prismatic Vista . Having these should help your deck out a lot! If you found any of these suggestions helpful I would appreciate it if you upvote my deck: A Deal With the Devil EDH! Nonetheless, I hope this helps, good luck on your deck, and have a nice day!
4 months ago
Nice Deck, but there is some room for card improvement in it. Start off by adding Hinterland Harbor , and Breeding Pool , since you already have the other check and shock lands. And don't forget Watery Grave either. I would also consider adding fetch lands: Polluted Delta , Verdant Catacombs , and Misty Rainforest . Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth is also pretty much a better version of a swamp as well. Filter lands would also be useful like Twilight Mire , Flooded Grove , and Sunken Ruins . You don't really need Bounce Lands like Simic Growth Chamber , but they are ok if you want to keep them. I would prefer to have fast lands though: Blooming Marsh , Botanical Sanctum , and Darkslick Shores . The other Horizon land would also be helpful, I believe it is called Waterlogged Grove . These lands should hopefully make your deck a lot better! If you find any of these suggestions useful I would appreciate it if you upvote my deck: A Deal With the Devil EDH! Have a great day, hope these suggestions help, and good luck on your deck.