Blooming Marsh enters the battlefield tapped unless you control two or fewer other lands.
: Add or to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||Nemesis , , ZombieFood , KillDatBUG , unnaturalelementals , Tstainbrook , jrschnoebelen , wickedassassin , Xikitten123 , Swamy , thetechzombie , Terrvex , AlertKnave8075 , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , Riders_of_Brohan , Va1mar|
|Want (6)||DHermos , Turtlelover73 , DrPopular , Dadaman11 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Myris|
Blooming Marsh Discussion
1 week ago
Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately, the mana base problems seem to be here to stay; Blooming Marsh is $7.00+ at my LGS, and Concealed Courtyard is $8.00+, and I can't seem to get anyone to hire me. :P
Your comment about Dissenter's Deliverance is one I hadn't considered, but I think I will now. I think I'll try to keep Forsake the Worldly, however, because it deals with Always Watching . There are, sadly, 2 Exert decks in the FNM meta where I live, and both of them are way too fast for me, usually.
Thanks a lot for the help!
2 weeks ago
Nice deck! I love Tokens so this deck is right up my alley. I think your list is pretty good overall, but needs some tweaking. When I did sole playtesting on here I had a terrible time getting an untapped source to cast your one drops. Could just be bad draws on tappedout, but it seemed to be a problem. If you can spring for it I'd invest in some Blooming Marsh or even some Fortified Village. I personally think 2 Blighted Fen is too many in a 3 color deck. Trim that to one and add an additional plains or forest.
Unless your meta has a lot of enchantments, I'd swap Forsake the Worldly for Dissenter's Deliverance. It hits many of the relevant cards, aetherworks marvel, torrential gearhulk etc..and cycles for only 1 many when it isn't needed. Graveyard recursion isn't very prevalent for artifacts so that benefit isn't worth the additional mana.
I am personally not a big fan of the Lost Legacy type cards. Your deck should be focused on one thing, making Tokens and putting pressure on your opponent. Your turn 3 should not be spent naming a card, but putting out more threats that affect the board. It's ok to have 1 or two in the board, but you have 5 such effects between your main board and your sideboard. I'd rather see something like a Nissa, Voice of Zendikar or some additional token generators. In the 3 drop slot. I hope this helps and Happy Brewing!
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Here is what is left of my sales, hoping to get a lot of it out ASAP!
Im looking for some extra cash right now and as such, this list of things of sale! I want to come to you all with the individual cards first as this is the site Ive traded through most and I have done business with many of you in the past.
With that said, payment will be by Paypal gift or add 4%. Items will not ship until payment has been received. All items will be shipped in a bubble mailer with tracking. Orders under 25 dollars add 2.67 for shipping, over 25 it is included. This shipping applies to the USA, for Canada I will ask that half of shipping is paid due to the increased costs of shipping out of country. I think that covers most things so here is the list! (Bear with me on the length of it :) ) Also! Prices are per single card, so if you want two of a card, double the price shown
2x Scalding Tarn(MM17) F 75
1x Polluted Delta (KTK) F 45
1x Flooded Strand F 34
4x Fatal Push 25, selling as playset
2x Monastery Mentor (7.66)
4x Snapcaster Mage (4x INN) 40 (Playset 140)
4x Deathrite Shaman (RTR) (4x F) 30 (Playset 105)
2x Polluted Delta (KTK) 15
2x Flooded Strand (KTK) 11.90
1x Relentless Dead Russian 9
1x Verdurous Gearhulk 5
2x Blightsteel Colossus 2x Japanese 22.50
1x Hazoret the Fervent (Pre release FOIL date stamped) 11
2x Tireless Tracker 2xRussian 5.50
1x Traverse the Ulvenwald Russian
1x Scrapheap Scrounger FOIL 3
3x Amulet of Vigor (3x SP+) 7.5
1x Amulet of Vigor Japanese (sp) 7.5
1x Westvale Abbey Russian 3
4x Ancient Stirrings 3.50
3x Expedition Map (2x Zen, 1x MM) 2.25
3x (Pending) Kolaghan's Command 11.33
1x Leyline of Sanctity (MM) 16
1x Esper Charm FOIL 8
Please post on this thread to keep track of first come first serve. As always, thank you for your time and keeping this community the way it is!
2 weeks ago
My thinking was that Birchlore Rangers would cover black mana requirements and Green Sun's Zenith can fetch it- I felt reliably getting an untapped land that makes black would add too much to the initial cost.
2 weeks ago
Looks like a good budget list. I really like your spells, the only problem I see is the landbase. I can see how shocks and fetches are not an option but there are still plenty of other more budget options. Like the three painlands (Llanowar Wastes), the two or fewer lands (like Blooming Marsh), 5 color painlands (City of Brass, Mana Confluence) Opal Palace. And the woodland cemetery in your maybe board, etc. you really want to hit all your colors to curve a elf into turn 2 reyhan into turn three tana.
I would maybe cut the harmonize for the Smothering Abomination, I'm really bullish on that card. It's great. Can draw you your deck.
do you own the card in your maybe board, or are they things you still want? there are some cards i would surely add if i had them.
2 weeks ago
20 lands is definitely too little for any deck that wants to somewhat reliably avoid getting mana-screwed. I'd probably go with at least 23, and always go with the full set of Blooming Marsh while playing Golgari.
From my own experiences Splendid Agony just isn't good enough. It helps with the token generation, but for 3 mana it kills more or less nothing. I think you'd be much better off with Fatal Push and/or Grasp of Darkness in that spot. Besides, you already have a ton of -1/-1 generators.
Maybe swap Grasping Dunes for Geier Reach Sanitarium to better activate Archfiend and filter out lands. Again, you already have more than enough Scarab generators. Since Marvel for the most parts is a terrible match-up for this deck no matter how you tune it, we could take out Dissenter's Deliverance for Key to the City. It activates Ifnir, lets you cycle excess lands and pushes damage through.
Festering Mummy also seems too weak, but I don't know to put in instead. Maybe just a mix of the cards mentioned above.
Really want the -1/-1 counter deck to become a thing, looks like so much fun! Good luck brewing.
2 weeks ago
Hey, bro, whaddup?
Well, let's get this sorted out: your deck need some improvement. You're on the right track, and Modern has never ever been control-friendly as it is right now, even though we're living in a Death's Shadow spree. But the point of playing control is having fast answers to trouble, and your list seems a bit too slow. I don't know how is your budget for this deck, so, for every suggestion I'll bring along a budget option too.
- The most common decks in modern run at most 3 colors. If you wanna run 4 colors, you need a slightly better mana-base. Fetchlands like Flooded Strand and Windswept Heath, along with shocklands (Temple Garden, Hallowed Fountain, Breeding Pool, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave and Overgrown Tomb are your colors) will bring you the manafixing you need. You gonna lose some life, but trust me, it's worth it. Budget: you might consider running some Botanical Sanctum, Blooming Marsh and Concealed Courtyard too. They were printed in Kaladesh, so they still a bit 'cheap'. Amonkhet brought a set of fetchable lands too, so you might run Irrigated Farmland, Fetid Pools or Scattered Groves with the Khans of Tarkir fetchlands and this may also work.
- Your removal spells are soooo expensive. I mean, you're running 3 copies of a 2-mana sorcery-speed removal. That's hardly ever useful. When I saw you were running Witch-Maw colors I was expecting some Abrupt Decay, Path to Exile and Fatal Push. These are some of the best removal spells of all time, and they're all available for . Nonetheless, they're also very good with Snapcaster Mage. And about Hero's Downfall, well... it's a cool card, but I wouldn't run 4 copies. Budget: Even for cheaper options we have awesome cards like Condemn, Vendetta, Murderous Cut, Victim of Night, Mortify and Putrefy. (Ok, these last two aren't sooo great, but at least they're instants and can handle some paralel trouble.)
- Your choices for counterspells are very connected to the fact you run a removal-heavy deck, so you don't really need to counter creature spells. That's ok. But Dissolve is a card that rarely ever saves a game due to its mana cost. It's double blue for some small advantage. I'd recommend going for Remand or even Logic Knot. If you reeeeally like blue stuff (like me), you might even try to fit Cryptic Command in, but I don't recommend it in a 4-color. Budget: Rune Snag, Mana Leak are very competitive options too.
- Finishers: Well, every deck needs to win some way. I really love AEtherling, this card is sooo awesome, but as I said on Jwillette72's deck Don't wake horror! (Sung like Don't Wake Daddy) once: he's far too slow for modern. By the time you drop him, you will (very likely) be nearly dead already and he won't save you. For a 6-drop I really like Elspeth, Sun's Champion. She is such a power-house. For similar reasons, I have my concerns about Desecration Demon. Sure, he's one of the fattest creatures you'll drop for 4 mana, but he is very susceptible to your opponents actions. I mean, if you're playing against someone with Lingering Souls on their deck, you're very likely to never attack with him. (by the way, you could use some of this card here too) Also, he is very easily handled by Path to Exile and Fatal Push. For a quick beatdown, I'd probaly go for Tasigur, the Golden Fang and/or Geist of Saint Traft. These are awesome finishers, and a little harder to deal with than the Demon and the Aether Guy. Budget: Gurmag Angler does the Tasigur job very good too. Blood Baron of Vizkopa is also a good option. Aaaand, four copies of Lingering Souls with Zealous Persecution can be a solid strategy too, trust me.
- I imagine you're trying to do a sort of boardlock with Blind Obedience, but Authority of the Consuls does exactly the same thing for even less mana. You lose the Exort ability, but if you keep paying this, you might end up tapped-out and that is not what a control deck wants. But keep the Detention Spheres, this card rules.
Anyhow, I really like your deck and support what you're scheming here. If you want more tips, feel free to ask.