Grapeshot deals 1 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker.
Storm (When you play this spell, copy it for each spell cast before it this turn. You may choose new targets for the copies.)
|Have (2)||, gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
1 week ago
... I'm not going to tell you it doesn't but, I would call this counter burn not storm. Again you have not real storm pay out like Grapeshot .
2 weeks ago
Sprite Dragon is indeed really good and I have even considered making an aggro izzet faerie list. My last Jeskai deck, Isochron Ascension, utilized Sprite Dragon but in a more control-based shell. I definitely know how good it is! I suppose cutting Stormchasers would still leave me with 12 Wizards. Perhaps I run 2 Wizard's Lightning and replace 2 with either Burst Lightning , Gut Shot or even Grapeshot since it really synergizes well with Clever Lumimancer . I plan on playtesting throughout the week with some of my playgroup, so hopefully I'll find that sweet spot.
3 weeks ago
Magecraft triggers with every copy of Grapeshot or Ground Rift , which is going to be interesting. I can't wait to kill with Witherbloom Apprentice / Weather the Storm in limited, but I don't envy constructed players figuring out lumimancer storm.
3 weeks ago
Hey, well done on a budget for your first Commander deck. I'm having fun with Veyran with Kalamax, the Stormsire .
You have 111 cards which is too many. Cards to consider cutting to get to 100 cards:
- Temple of the False God : you don't have any land ramp, only relying on land drops to get five or more lands. This land will not be able to tap for mana until turn five or six at the earliest which is really bad.
- Sphinx-Bone Wand : it's too slow for the for payoff even with Veyran. It's seven mana and you then have to cast an instant or sorcery to put a counter on it.
- Siren of the Fanged Coast : five mana 4/4 flier is what this will be every time you cast it which is subpar.
- Brass's Bounty : not worth seven mana for treasures since you don't want to ramp into it. Need at least six lands in your control to make paying seven mana worth six treasures.
- Curator's Ward : you have better hexproof protection (Greaves/Boots) for Veyran.
- Selective Snare : narrow sorcery speed removal since only works on one creature type.
- Violent Impact
- Traitorous Blood
- Darksteel Ingot
- Jori En, Ruin Diver
Some budget cards to consider adding:
- Reiterate : combos with Mana Geyser to make infinite red mana as long as opponents have seven or more tapped lands. Buyback is nice when you want to be casting instants since it lets you after resolving it put it back into your hand to cast again. Mana enablers Storm-Kiln Artist and Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip are excellent with buyback.
Buyback is the reason that Reiterate can be a infinite combo with Geyser. After copying Geyser with Reiterate you resolve the copy of Geyser first and then resolve the original Reiterate which puts it back into your hand. While the original Geyser is still on the stack cast Reiterate again to copy the original Geyser and repeat. Can make infinite storm count for
, infinite cast of instant for
Ral, Storm Conduit
or infinite mana for
Jaya's Immolating Inferno
as win conditions.
- Solve the Equation : tutor for any instant or sorcery.
- Saheeli, Sublime Artificer
- Frantic Search : goes well with High Tide since it can untap lands. Being able to cast an instant to draw and then untap lands lets you potentially cast another instant that you may of drawn to get more out of Veyran and magecraft.
- Brainstorm : staple blue draw spell, instant draw three for one mana.
- Increasing Vengeance : copy your own instant or sorcery. Has flashback which lets you cast it again from your graveyard and if you do copy your own instant or sorcery twice.
- Preordain : Scry 2 before you draw is nice. One mana spell that's a good target to copy.
- Wizard's Retort : Veyran is a Wizard.
- Shivan Reef
- Ash Barrens
- Grixis Panorama
If interested I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
4 weeks ago
If a spell with storm ( Mind's Desire or Grapeshot ) is cast at the same time as other spells, such as during the resolution of Epic Experiment , does the storm ability count the other spells? I know the spells are all cast as part of the resolution of Epic Experiment and so I can put them on the stack in whatever order I choose, but are they actually considered to be cast simultaneously or in the order that I put them on the stack?
1 month ago
Hiya! I've played feather before and I can say that if I were to recommend any cuts and adds here, I'd say to remove Niveous Wisps and Acrobatic Maneuver in favor of Grapeshot and Slash the Ranks . You'd be surprised how easy it is to use Grapeshot to ping things off the board that are annoying, just using the one "real" copy of the spell on feather so you can do it over again. then Slash the Ranks is a new addition, but nuking everything but feather definitely makes attacking in lethal much easier.
1 month ago
Brainstorm : You don't have much shuffle in this deck which can lead to not seeing new cards for 2 draws; you can leave this in if you're confident you can shuffle/scry the new top-cards away
Ignite Memories : 5CMC (imo) is a lot for the end of a storm-chain; your other payoffs may have smaller damage amounts, but are easier to weave into the storm turn
Brass's Bounty : Very expensive CMC card for storm; I can only see it paying off if you can cast it with copy which is a bit of an ask
Mind's Desire : Similar issue to Ignite Memories , having to keep free for the end of your storm-turn will really hinder you; it may be better to use that mana to add more to your count for a cheaper CMC payoff
1 month ago
You have a budget in mind?
Some storm cards might be good here Grapeshot
At work atm gonna add this and take a closer look when I get to a computer. Love storm builds and wanting to build a kykar myself
Edit: Young Pyromancer since you're running Tremors