Look at the top five cards of your library. You may reveal a colorless card from among them and put it into your hand. Then put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order. (Cards with no colored mana in their mana costs are colorless. Lands are also colorless.)
|Have (3)||PostContact , NineNotesKnives ,|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Masters 25 (A25)||Uncommon|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ancient Stirrings occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.32%
Ancient Stirrings Discussion
4 days ago
In short, the word "then" doesn't have any special meaning for the rules in this case. It is largely there to make Ancient Stirrings read better. "Then" helps break up a string of imperative statements into a list that's easier to remember. You already have to follow the instructions in order. The presence of "then" doesn't change nor require that. It's just there to help the human that's reading the card.
As an aside, if you're writing an Oracle text parser, you might want to check out MTGJSON (if you haven't already). They offer a great way to query and retrieve the Oracle text of cards.
Help this helps!!
4 days ago
I'm building an oracle text parser and am wondering about the relevance of the word 'then'. An example is Ancient Stirrings. 'Then signifies that the statement following occurs after the statement preceding it. But, when reading oracle text, arn't the statements executed in order anyway?
So, basically does 'then' have any special significance or rules effects. Thanks.
2 months ago
This seems fun, but a bit inconsistent at the moment. Some Ancient Stirrings will help you find the pieces you need quickly. Also would recommend 4 Eldrazi Temples, in this deck it's just a really huge mana boost, and better for u than most of the lands here. Def a strict upgrade over the wastes at least.
2 months ago
Swilliam you're right. There's nothing to populate early game if the blisterpod doesn't die so i'll try to add more early token generators. I'm taking out Thought-Knot Seer and replacing him with Matter Reshaper or maybe something for more tokens. Ancient Stirrings is a great idea
2 months ago
How have I never seen Noetic Scales before?! If you don't build that deck, I will.
Trinket Mage is a slow but sure way to get out more The Racks. Ancient Stirrings either gets land or The Racks. In addition to the Nezumi, Storm World or Wheel of Torture as your noble work in multiplayer.
2 months ago
Blisterpod is a great card, but if it doesn't chump a creature the deck cannot generate a creature. I would swap it for another fog effect like Angelsong. This card will not be dead during any point in the game because of the cycling effect and ensures you do not get overwhelmed by aggressive decks. A turn 1 play that could replace Blisterpod would be Ancient Stirrings so you can dig for anything you need. Nest Invader could also replace Blisterpod if you are looking for more token spawners, although it is not colorless. Too often you may rely on your main synergy so finding other sources of damage or getting more card advantage could be useful. Matter Reshaper is a good body that can get you your token spawners or Desolation Twin and Spawning Bed offers value as the game progresses.
2 months ago
-So scooping to bloodmoon sucks BUT There is one deck that runs it, which is blue moon. It uses Through the Breach and Emrakul, the Aeons Torn. Its only two colors so running basics doesnt hurt it as much as a three color deck. Also keep in mind that bloodmoon doesnt shut you off. You only lose 3 spells, and still have a board presence so they should board it out in the next game(s). They spend turn 3 casting a card with no clock, while you have dudes to play. Plus Smokebraider gets around bloodmoon. Dont worry about it.
- Risen Reef is a powerful card, but the lands come in tapped anyways. You can find risen reef super easy with your set up, but finding amulet is harder. Being you need this for your set up your going to want ways to find it such as Ancient Stirrings (lands are colorless btw).
- i havent played your deck much but it looks like your main clock is Devastating Summons plus maybe so 1/1 or 1/2. Spells like Electrolyze seem really good against you. Cryptic Command seems really good on your tokens.
- To mean it looks like you lose to burn, control, dredge, probably jund, humans, and eldrazi tron.
- Id recommend switching to the companion to the one i recommneded being you can cast it more often, and it lets you bring back dead cards.
- As a burn player Eidolon of the Great Revel is AMAZING. It is for me at least 2 mana win the game in certain match ups (like storm).
- Ive played against it and it deals damage, so much damage. I can beat it as burn but that wasnt to say the matches werent close. I went 2-1 against them. I beleive they went jund. Green was basically for Playing collected company.
- remeber shock lands zap your life total so dont run two many. Its a very common mistake when crafting a deck. - SB cards are interesting in games. you could run 1 mana counters such as spell pierce. Its amazing when they collected brutality for all the options and then you counter their spell. Anger of the gods is great usually but your deck doesnt want to see it so dont inculde sweapers. Tormod's Crypt for decks like dredge. Abrade Skullcrack Cindervines is another great card. It beats combo players, and holds for removal. Dismember is a good card but you need to consider if you can risk losing 5 life AND what would you need to remove that has more than 3 toughness?
4 months ago
i think the Dismember could be dropped for a 2nd Throne of Geth for consistency. 1 removal spell in 60 cards doesn't seem reliable anyway, and given that this is an artifact deck, Dispatch has several advantages. costs less mana/life and exiles rather than sending the creature to the yard. could probably keep it in the sideboard though and stick with pure beatdown for game 1. i'm also curious about the Chromatic Star. personally i think Solidarity of Heroes is too good to pass up in any +1/+1 counter deck. i realize you can't grab it with Ancient Stirrings, but it also cuts the effort required for an infect win with Inkmoth Nexus in half. or target Hangarback Walker in response to a removal spell to give your opponent quite the surprise.
as for the name "affinity", i've already stopped using that long ago lol. i refer to "traditional affinity" as "robots", and the hardened scales version as "hardened modular". sometimes i'll get weird looks when people hear me use these names, yet they never seem to have an answer for why I should refer to a deck by a mechanic it doesn't even use lol.