Lion's Eye Diamond
Sacrifice Lion's Eye Diamond, Discard your hand: Add three mana of any one color to your mana pool. Play this ability only any time you could play an instant.
|Want (3)||MagmaArmor0 , Skulduggery , amj|
Printings View all
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Auriok Salvagers + Lion's Eye Diamond
- Lion's Eye Diamond + Underworld Breach
- Brought Back + Eternal Witness + Lion's Eye Diamond
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Lion's Eye Diamond occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.46%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Lion's Eye Diamond Discussion
2 weeks ago
nice list but im missing some mana-artifacts. Here some that i have missing.
Single Mana Fixing: Gilded Lotus, Lion's Eye Diamond, Pyramid of the Pantheon, Chromatic Star, Chromatic Sphere, Barbed Sextant, Sphere of the Suns, Standing Stones, Commander's Sphere, Bonder's Ornament
2 weeks ago
Actually the deck only runs 37 lands, that reliably produce mana with Eye of Ugin, Maze of Ith and Temple of the False God not making mana outright or at all. If ioniboi adds more of the fast mana like Mana Crypt and Lion's Eye Diamond i can see going below 37+3. as it stands the decks needs to make its land drop up to at least 6-7 lands to be able to cast Kozilek.
1 month ago
I'm not having too many problems with mana, and with the recent addition of Lotus Petal (thanks to NivStormfront's suggestions), I'm hopeful I can survive on 32 lands. I would run Lion's Eye Diamond in that slot if I could afford it, maybe I'll try and see if anyone has trades...
Meanwhile, Unsubstantiate was meant as protective bounce for Vadrok as well as going infinite with Thousand-Year Storm + Frantic Search. Narset's Reversal can still go infinite with TYS, and while it can't bounce Vadrok, it works a lot better as interaction overall.
Finally, I stuck Mana Drain back in -- it just helps so much when kicking off a combo to have large amounts of colorless.
1 month ago
Hey mindcrank! Thank you so much for the comment! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you, I just saw it today. So the big thing with upgrading this list with no budget concessions is the quality of the eggs. Mox Diamond, Mox Opal, Chrome Mox, Mana Crypt and Grim Monolith are all mana positive rocks which will make storming off easier. They can replace some of the weaker rocks in the list. If you want to include more answers with stuff like Force of Will and Cyclonic Rift the big thing is to consider removing Blood Funnel. While it's amazing for trying to go off with artifacts, it locks you out of playing almost anything but them. Ad Nauseam would be pretty helpful, especially if you've gotten some mileage out of Aetherflux Reservoir. Underworld Breach would be pretty strong once you've played and sacrificed a lot of rocks, and it would make Lion's Eye Diamond viable in the build.
That's about all I can think of right now. Hope your build goes well!
2 months ago
So, i'm trying to understand what your vision for Breya is here. You say "Looking for advice to make the decks power level between 8 or 9. I want it to be good, but not something that beats anyone who doesn't put money into the game." BUT you are running a full playset of Revised Dual lands and Fetchlands. That's roughly a good $2,000 right there JUST for those lands alone in the manabase. If you want a deck that does what you said earlier in your description, then i'd start with cutting the Revised Duals. You can still have fetches, but i'd lean back toward Shocks and various typed non-basics (e.g. Bicycling Lands, Triome Lands, and Battle Lands) to make up your manabase. You also plan on running Lion's Eye Diamond (again you've gotta tag your cards - took me a moment to guess what led means.) At this point, admit that you just want to run a cEDH deck. There's nothing wrong with that. You say you want an 8 or a 9 - i'm guessing you want a deck that is extremely high in power...well...you've already got that. LOL.
If my assessment is wrong here, then you should work on beefing up your deck description. Try and put more thought into what kind of meta you're facing, and when you want this deck to threaten to win - and how it will go about it. A good reference guide to building a fully fleshed out deck description/primer is Epochalyptik's Do you want to Write a Primer? There you will find some worthwhile questions to ask yourself about this deck.
LordCaptain on 3Moon
2 months ago
Hi Magnivore the list should be updated somewhat soon. I haven't had much of a drive to work on MTG stuff lately but the deck does have some updates coming, mainly in the form of Fierce Guardianship, Deflecting Swat, and a few other updates to the win con such as adding Underworld Breach, Thassa's Oracle, and Lion's Eye Diamond
2 months ago
Introducing the synonyms/nicknames system to alleviate all those "wtf was that one land of that one cycle named?" problems that plague you.
This system is simple. It is designed to redirect terms that you typed out that match a synonym/nickname of a card, to that card name. This lets you never have to remember the name "Seachrome Coast" and can instead just type out "WU Fastland" (as an example). Note that this only works in text edit entries on deck lists and inventory, not the live edit or the card search forms.
There is a lot of other things that are utilised here as well.
- Godzilla Names
- Non-American Spellings
- Common Nicknames
- Common Misspellings
- Redirections of Misspelled Submissions
- Each side of a split card as a synonym (unless they already exist as a card).
Not needing to know the name of each card in a land/artifact cycle is a big boon, but you still need to know the nickname of that cycle and the syntax. For lands/mana rocks/the swords of X and Y at the present moment it is always "XY Nickname" or "YX Nickname". Examples:
- WU Fastland
- GR BFZ
- GW ABUR Dual Land
- BW Fetch
For 2 colour lands, it is always the two colour letters, followed by the nickname, and then followed by the option to have the world land either connected to the nickname or not. (these are all viable options for example: "WU Fast", "UW Fastland", "UW Fast Land".) For 3 colour lands, it is only the primary order of colour letters you see on cards, or the Alara/Khans name. (WUB Lair, Mardu Triome as examples.) Swords and other artifact cycles follow the same setup (though swords can also be "Sword of GB" or "Sword of G and B"), and mono colour land cycles use the same setup just with only one letter. Note that none of these are plural, so don't put that s in. Colourless cards that are a part of a cycle use C/Colorless/Colourless.
Some of these cycles don't have well defined names yet (like BBD) and some of these cycles have had too many names that people constantly fight over so there was no point in bothering to put them all in and instead I just used the TLA (specifically BFZ).
The primary purpose of this is to make the ability to tag cards and edit decks/inventory far more robust than what it has been. Tappedout doesn't presently have a spellchecker, and to be fair most sites don't. It's not an easy feature to implement. So with this synonyms/nicknames feature, we can alleviate some of those aggravations of misspellings or different ways to spell a word by making them valid targets and redirecting them to the right card name. Another benefit of this is the ability to give cards shorthands or nicknames when the community largely doesn't remember the actual name of a card, just their shorthand. We have all been hit with "wtf is that land's name again?" when we know for a fact that it's just "the blue and white shadows over innistrad reveal land". This saves the step of having to open up a search engine to figure out the card name, and in general speeds up and makes the process of building decks and inventory, a lot more enjoyable.
Cycles that currently have nicknames: Show
- ABUR Duals as ABUR/Duals/ABUR Duals
- MDR Artifact Lands as Artifact Lands
- AKH Bike Lands as Bikes/Bicycles/Bicyclings/Cycle Lands/Cycling Lands
- BFZ Lands as BFZ/BFZ Lands
- SHM/EVE Lands as Filters
- RAV Guildhalls as Guildhalls
- VIS Karoos as Karoos/Bouncelands
- RAV Karoos as Karoos/Bouncelands
- MH1 Lands as Horizons/Canopy Lands
- SOI Lands as SOI Lands/Reveal Lands
- Swords of X and Y as XY Swords/Swords of XY/Swords of X and Y
- Temples as Temples/Scrylands
- Thrivings as Thrives/Thrivings
- IKO Triomes as Triomes/Tricycles/Cycles/Cyclings
A lot of the cycle synonyms are meant to intuitive and robust so that you won't even have to think about knowing what the exact written synonym actually is and still be able to get it right on the first try, though it will take time to reach a point in which this is 100% true. As an example of scope, each recognized nickname for a cycle creates 6 entries for each given card in that cycle. So the AKH lands have 30 entries for each card in that cycle, resulting in a total of 150 entries. The Triomes have the same amount, but if I were to add each individual string combination of the colour letters (WUB, BUW, WBU etc) then that count would increase by 45 for each entry, resulting 75 entries for each one, totalling at 375 entries for the whole cycle.
Nicknames will usually be things like "Snappy", "Bolt", "Path", "Bob", "FoW", etc. They are to be commonly used by the larger community as a whole, not what your FNM/play group exclusively uses (though this isn't a hard set in stone as I'm not omniscient).
Here's a list of nicknames that I have. Show
- Aether Vial: Vial
- Aetherflux Reservoir: Dome Dome
- Assassin's Trophy: Ass Trophy
- Birds of Paradise: Birds, BoP
- Bloodbraid Elf: BBE
- Brimstone Trebuchet: Bucket
- Cavalcade of Calamity: Cavalcade
- Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh Flip: Baby Chandra
- Chandra Nalaar: Zippotricks McEdgelord
- Charming Prince: Prince Charming
- Collected Company: CoCo
- Dark Confidant: Bob
- Dark Ritual: Rit
- Demonic Tutor: DT
- Dig Through Time: DTT
- Eternal Witness: E-Wit, E-Witness
- Explosive Vegetation: Explosive Veggies
- Field of Ruin: FoR
- Force of Will: FoW
- Ghost Quarter: GC
- Gilded Goose: Goose
- Giver of Runes: Mommy, Stepmom
- Goblin Charbelcher: Belcher, Charbelcher
- Grave Titan: Gravy Train
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel: Gary
- Griselbrand: Grizzy B
- Hypnotic Specter: Hippie
- Inquisition of Kozilek: IoK
- Jace, Cunning Castaway: Sexy Jace
- Jace, the Mindsculptor: Jace, JtMS
- Jace, Wielder of Mysteries: Lab Jace,
- Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip: Literal Actual Baby Jace
- Jace Beleren: Party Jace
- Karn Liberated: Karn
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker: Kiki, Kiki Jiki, Mirror Breaker
- Kitchen Finks: Finks
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip: Baby Gideon, Baby Gids
- Laboratory Maniac: Lab Man, Lab Maniac
- Life from the Loam: Loam
- Lightning Bolt: Bolt
- Lightning Helix: Helix
- Lightning Strike: Strike
- Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip: Baby Lili
- Liliana, the Last Hope: Last Hope
- Liliana of the Veil: Lili, LotV
- Lion's Eye Diamond: LED
- Llanowar Elves: Dork, Elf
- Mother of Runes: Mom
- Necropotence: Necro
- Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip: Baby Nissa
- Oblivion Ring: O-Ring
- Oko, Thief of Crowns: Oko
- Path to Exile: Path, PtE
- Pia and Kiran Nalaar: Chandra's Parents, Mom and Dad, Ma and Pa, Pia and Kiran, Parents
- Pia Nalaar: Chandra's Mom, Pia
- Primeval Titan: Prime Time
- Prodigal Sorcerer: Tim
- Sakura-Tribe Elder: STE, Steve
- Savage Punch: Bear Punch
- Scalding Tarn: Tarn
- Scavenging Ooze: Scooze
- Sensei's Divining Top: Top
- Settle the Wreckage: Settle
- Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon: Skittles
- Smuggler's Copter: Copter, Thopter Copter
- Snapcaster Mage: Snapcaster, Snappy
- Solemn Simulacrum: Sad Robot
- Sorin, Solemn Visitor: Sad Sorin
- Splinter Twin: Twin
- Swords to Plowshares: Swords
- Tarmogoyf: Goyf, Goyfy, Tarmo
- Tectonic Edge: Tec Edge, TecEdge
- Teferi, Hero of Dominaria: 5feri, T5feri
- Teferi, Time Raveler: 3feri, T3feri
- The Gitrog Monster: Gitrog, HypnoToad, Hypno Toad
- Thing in the Ice Flip: Titi
- Torrential Gearhulk: Fatcaster
- True-Name Nemesis: TNM, TNN, True-Name
- Ugin, the Spirit Dragon: Eugene, Ugin
- Wrenn and Six: W6, Wand6, Wn6
I have about 200+ cards of non-American spellings added as synonyms in this site, however I'm certain there's like, 5x that much I've missed. If you notice a non-american spelling I do not have in, let me know.
Here's a list of things that is in the works to do. Show
- All triple coloured land cycles (triomes, lairs, trilands) to have an entry for each of their letter combinations. (Example, bant lands would have WUG, GUW, WGU, GWU, UGW, UWG.)
- All dual coloured land cycles will have the ravnican guild names to replace the two colours as an option.
- All land cycles will have the TLA as an option to replace the nickname.
- All land cycles to have "Nickname XY" format.
- More non-american spellings.
- More common misspellings.
- Cards that have or do not have the word "and", to have a synonym of the opposite.
- Synonym that is a version of the card name but without punctuation.
- Nicknames of all the cards with commas that ignores everything past the comma, provided that it is unique.
- Fringe/old land cycles.
- A lot of mana rock cycles.
A card can have any number of synonyms/nicknames. But only one synonym/nickname can be tied to a card. So if a new card/land cycle gets printed that has covers a misspelling (like an UNcard might) or has that nickname as it's actual card name, those synonyms will get removed (as an example, Snapcaster Mage cannot have Snap as a nickname). We are also looking to limit the amount of times a synonym has to get removed so nicknames of cards during their presence in the standard formats are not likely to be put in, as they become forgotten or even re-used when they rotate out. These are also done manually so sometimes a change might just take a while to do if it encompasses a large number of cards or a large number of synonyms.. We also won't be going through alternate language as possible synonyms because WotC doesn't nearly double check duplicate card names for foreign languages as well as they do for English cards.
This is not something on the card submission form, so it is not available to edit for any user.
If you know of something missing like common misspellings or common non-American spellings that will be needed, or cycle syntaxes that you tried to use but didn't work, post them here and I'll review them for possible inclusion in the future.
EDIT: Before you ask for a nickname etc to be added:
- Check if it exists first by trying it out.
- Check if the larger community recognizes it, this is done by going around discords, lgs' and other forums about that nickname.
- Check if it has any nsfw, discriminatory or derogatory terminology, we straight up will not allow these.
This isn't a system for your pet nickname that your local playgroup uses. This is a system that can utilize nicknames that naturally grew organically out of continued use from the larger mtg community as a whole. This isn't a "which nicknames do you think this system could use" but rather "which nicknames that are used across the world that we have missed".
2 months ago
How do you feel about Rielle, the Everwise ? Do you think it will make the cut with all the wheels? Also, what about the combo with Wheel of Fortune, Lion's Eye Diamond, and Underworld Breach? I think it is a really good combo