Each player draws three cards, then discards three cards at random.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Rare|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Burning Inquiry Discussion
21 hours ago
You might like these: Spark Double, Quest for Pure Flame, Elder Mastery, Ophidian Eye, Burning Inquiry, Dream Salvage, Torbran, Thane of Red Fell, Neko-Te, Embermaw Hellion, Sigil of Sleep, Geth's Grimoire, Fiendish Duo, Chandra's Incinerator, Bone Miser, Rielle, the Everwise, Teferi's Puzzle Box
1 week ago
Your list is pretty good so far. Here are a few cards you may or may not like to include:
Burning Inquiry, Dramatic Reversal (infinite mana with Isochron and a few rocks), Dark Deal, Fascination, Grafdigger's Cage, Incendiary Command, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Kederekt Parasite, Lim-Dul's Vault, Niv-Mizzet, Parun (combos with Curiosity and similar effects), Notion Thief, Psychosis Crawler, Relic of Progenitus, Thassa's Oracle, and Winds of Change.
For your rocks I'd recommend adding probably 4-5 more, but I'd say you've done good in sticking to the 2 cmc ones. More signets, more talismans, maybe a Fellwar Stone or Mind Stone are all definitely good options.
I want to ask what a lot of the transmute cards are in your deck for? What are you trying to fetch at 1 cmc with Dizzy Spell or 5 cmc with Brainspoil? Muddle is generally pretty good for fetching combo pieces like Isochron Scepter, but at lot of the others are kind of head scratchers to me. I'd also advise you to evaluate why you chose the cards you did, how impactful they would be in the format, and how they synergize with the rest of your deck. For example, in a multiplayer format with 3 opponents and usually plenty of creatures, how often is Diabolic Edict going to be something you're happy about drawing? Similarly, I know you have a bounce subtheme going on, but is Cowardice really something you want to be running in a deck that focuses on keeping creatures like your commander or Fate Unraveler out on the field? Wouldn't you rather counter those threats than have a mere targeting throw a wrench in your plans? Also on the topic of bounce, would you rather be running a bounce sumbtheme or be using your blue for counters and your black for straight up removal? Maybe you wouldn't, maybe you would, I just think it's worth asking the questions you know?
Nekusar and wheels are always fun to see in action. I hope you enjoy EDH and I hope I was able to help! :^)
2 weeks ago
Some cards that you might like: Brallin, Skyshark Rider Flip, Shabraz, the Skyshark, Rielle, the Everwise, The Locust God, Psychosis Crawler, Burning Inquiry, Molten Psyche, Narset, Parter of Veils, Alms Collector, a Niv-Mizzet of your choice perhaps, Fevered Visions, Magus of the Jar, Wheel of Fate, Teferi's Puzzle Box, Winds of Change and I'll stop myself there lol.
Something you could do that might be cool would be to run a lot of cards like Dictate of Kruphix, Kami of the Crescent Moon, and Howling Mine to boost everybody's draw (might make them consider not killing you lol). That would rip the rug out from under everybody and make your wheels that much more impactful. Make them discard 12 cards instead of 6 or 7! Plus you're getting them closer to drawing on an empty deck.
As far as card draw goes, my favorites are targeted X spells like Blue Sun's Zenith and Stroke of Genius as they could always be upgraded to kill tools with an infinite source of mana i.e. Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter and I just like them a lot. If you decided to pursue group draw you could also experiment with stuff like Prosperity, Minds Aglow, and Fascination (you said you like options right?). Along with this I would add to your ability to win off of self mill with Thassa's Oracle and Jace, Wielder of Mysteries so that Lab Man has some friends.
I know you're running some recursion yourself but this deck has the potential to seriously fuel opposing decks with heavy graveyard interaction as their motif, for obvious reasons lol. Since you have have access to white you could always try Rest in Peace for the complete shutdown, and then maybe a Grafdigger's Cage just as another piece of graveyard hate. Alternatively, you might prefer cards with one time effects like Relic of Progenitus and Scavenger Grounds.. or you could mix and match! Up to you.
FINALLY, (yes I know, we're finally at the end) I would honestly just replace many of the dual lands you have that come in tapped with basics. I just personally don't enjoy having my lands come in tapped while everyone else gets ahead, and I really feel like basics are actually better than tapped lands even if they don't have the versatility or effects. Of course shocks and duals and fetches would always be nice, but we're trying to stay in budget so I'd just stick to the basics.
I know it's long but I just really enjoy researching cards and learning about different strats so I usually get carried away. I tried to stick with recommendations that stay under $10 but a few over the limit might've slipped through. I like your deck, hope this helped! :^)
3 weeks ago
These might interest you: Spark Double, Kederekt Parasite, Helm of the Ghastlord, Elder Mastery, Tandem Lookout, Ophidian Eye, Sigil of Sleep, Neko-Te, Burning Inquiry, Dream Salvage, Quest for Pure Flame (cheap and easy to charge thanks to Neku), Geth's Grimoire, Memory Jar, Torbran, Thane of Red Fell, Lore Broker, Zurzoth, Chaos Rider
1 month ago
Looks good so far. You might like these: Merfolk Looter, Thought Courier, Glint-Horn Buccaneer, Frantic Search, Burning Inquiry, Brainstorm, Desperate Ravings, Spark Double, King of the Pride, Shared Animosity, Kindred Discovery, Mercurial Chemister, Archivist, Jeskai Ascendancy, Silver Myr, Iron Myr
1 month ago
- Nekusar, the Mindrazer hes a great commander if you wanted to change format for this deck style is really funny.
- The biggest issue with the deck is running Reliquary Tower and Underworld Dreams in the same deck you really need both effects, but the mana base is very hard to get by with.
- When deciding between these two decks ill say one is more comboy which means itll feel the same each game basically this one is mostly synergy so it'll feel different playing it each time.
- Forced Fruition is 6 mana. Youll probably hit your land drops on time due to card draw but thats still 6 turns (5 at the soonest).
- Fast lands like Sulfur Falls are great but you wanna run 3 max. They dont work well together. If your opener is just a 2-1 split of your fast lands your gonna be behind. (Shocklands are worth it).
- Consider the following: Teferi's Ageless Insight, Ominous Seas, Blasphemous Act, Fate Unraveler, Molten Psyche, Spiteful Visions, Whispering Madness + unblockable creature, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, Dictate of Kruphix, Megrim, Dark Deal, Waste Not, (Magus of the Wheel is sadly not legal :( ), Psychosis Crawler, Howling Mine, Liliana's Caress, Temple Bell, Incendiary Command, Prosperity, Dragon Mage, Fell Specter, Kess, Dissident Mage, Sangromancer, Magus of the Jar, Laboratory Maniac, Thassa's Oracle, Nadir Kraken, Consecrated Sphinx, Baleful Strix, Sire Of Insanity, Reverberate, Wheel of Fate, Echo of Eons, Burning Inquiry, Scheming Symmetry, Font of Mythos, Otherworld Atlas, Spellbook, Crawlspace or Ensnaring Bridge, Jace Beleren, Ashiok, Dream Render, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Narset, Parter of Veils, Geier Reach Sanitarium.
- I hope thats helpful. There's a lot of similar affects so theres a lot of routes to go.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Looks good so far. You might like these: Bag of Holding, Glint-Horn Buccaneer, Well of Lost Dreams, Drogskol Reaver, Curiosity, Tandem Lookout, Ophidian Eye, Sigil of Sleep, Cauldron of Souls, Teferi's Ageless Insight, Knollspine Dragon, Jace's Archivist, Magus of the Bazaar, Burning Inquiry, Merfolk Looter, Thought Courier