Whenever a nonartifact permanent enters the battlefield under your control, you may return another permanent you control that shares a permanent type with it to its owner's hand.
|Have (3)||lorddarkstar , , gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
- Cloudstone Curio + Elvish Visionary + Wirewood Symbiote
- Cloudstone Curio + Kinjalli's Caller + Zacama, Primal Calamity
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Cloudstone Curio occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Cloudstone Curio Discussion
6 days ago
In case you wanted an infinite mana combo with Dockside, you should consider Cloudstone Curio . In the least, I think you have enough ETB effects to make use of it outside of the combo.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Cool deck! You might like these: Synod Sanctum , Blade of Selves , Angel's Trumpet , Cloudstone Curio , Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor , Flamerush Rider , Ilharg, the Raze-Boar , Oni of Wild Places , Forbidden Orchard , Genesis Chamber , Infernal Genesis , Hunted Horror , Hunted Dragon , Goblin Spymaster , Relic Robber , Calculating Lich
2 weeks ago
For the Stompy version I would start by cutting Ruination Guide, Pitiless Plunderer, Sifter of Skulls, Blight Herder, Brood Butcher, Emrakrul’s Hatcher, Catacomb Sifter, Drowner of Hope, Awakening Zone, Etchings of the Chosen, Eyeless Watcher.
If you put in Rings of Brighthearth it combos with Basalt Monolith to make infinite mna. Both Monolith and Rings are 3 CmC and artifacts so they are tutorable with the same tutors you have in here for Fist of Suns. With infinite colourless mana Dimensional Infiltrator will be able to exile your opponents libraries, Essence Depleter can drain out the table, and Prophet of Distortion will let you draw your library. Rings doesn't have a lot of synergy with other cards in your list BUT if Golos was your commander it has a seriously powerful ability that would be awesome to copy.
Eternal Scourge + Food Chain is another combo you can consider which will make infinite COLOURED mana for creature spells and have infinite EtB and LtB triggers so this will end a game with Flayer Drone or Vela the Night-Clad in play. If you wanted to abuse the mana you would need Cloudstone Curio or a non-eldrazi bouncing creature as all the eldrazi bouncers are processors and it is unlikely your opponents will have an infinite pile of exiled cards.
I suggest adding in Pathrazer of Ulamog , Barrage Tyrant , World Breaker , Dread Defiler , Endless One , Not of This World , Rapacious One , Reality Smasher , Thought-Knot Seer , Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre , Ulamog's Crusher , & Vile Redeemer as suitable eldrazi stompy options. Barrage Tyrant and Dread Defiler get a special mention because Fling is an amazing effect that can give you the reach you need to close out a game or off a player hiding behind a pillowfort.
Here is a list of support cards off the top of my head: Sarkhan's Unsealing , Temur Ascendancy , Commander's Plate , Mana Maze , Cultivate , Kodama's Reach , Rampant Growth , Ugin, the Spirit Dragon , Everflowing Chalice , Thran Dynamo , Rishkar's Expertise , Return of the Wildspeaker , Garruk's Uprising , Hunting Grounds , Sneak Attack , Animar, Soul of Elements , Mana Geyser , Mirari's Wake , Ugin, the Ineffable , Show and Tell , Terror of the Peaks , Warstorm Surge , Alena, Kessig Trapper , Ilysian Caryatid , Momentous Fall , Greater Good , Sacellum Godspeaker , Selvala, Heart of the Wilds , The Great Henge , Eldritch Evolution , Energy Tap .
2 weeks ago
This is a cool idea. Thoughts on these? Cloudstone Curio , Thermopod , Priest of Urabrask , Ranger-Captain of Eos , Shield Sphere , Wyleth, Soul of Steel , Ronin Warclub , Mentor of the Meek , Akiri, Fearless Voyager , Tibalt's Trickery , Sunforger , Final Fortune , Angel's Grace , Tithe (finds Mistveil, and sunforger can play it), Burst of Energy . If you include those last 5 cards, you can set up an infinite turn combo starting with only a Sunforger.
2 weeks ago
Morophon isn't doing much for this deck without Jodah or Fist of Suns so maybe try playing it in the 99 and use Golos, Tireless Pilgrim as the commander. Golos lets you cheat mana costs, ramps you, and is colourless to match the theme.
The biggest problem with eldrazi tribal is that eldrazi themselves aren't a unifying tribe as their effects support multiple different strategies which dilutes the power of each of those strategies. This can lead to dead draws and non synergistic board states which will make the deck feel clunky. The most prominent themes among eldrazi are aristocrats, tokens, and stompy so pick one of those as your primary focus. Aristocrats and tokens strategies synergize well however a stompy strategy requires entirely different support.
My friend has an Animar, Soul of Elements eldrazi tribal deck but his emphasis is on big stompy creatures so the deck is designed to have pay offs for playing those. Sarkhan's Unsealing , Sneak Attack , Temur Ascendancy , etc. He has some game ending combos like Animar + Cloudstone Curio + Eldrazi so it can win through non combat damage.
I can't really suggest much more before you decide which direction to take the deck in.
2 weeks ago
Sorry for the very lengthy reply. I just got swept up in this.
I've only played two games so my experience overall isn't going to tell me enough about how certain cards perform in various situations or if they're not synergizing enough with your strategy. I'm guessing you're on a budget. If your playgroup allows proxies, or money isn't an issue. Gaea's Cradle is always a great option in a deck that generates lots of token creatures, and you're already running Crop Rotation . The budget option to cradle though is Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. When I began my 2nd game playing this deck I was very concerned since one opponent was running Angus Mackenzie which usually just neuters this kind of strategy. I mean I lost that game for other reasons, but if it had dragged on I probably would need a lot of luck to have instant speed removal for Angus and enough power to alpha strike or I'd just lose to forever fog. That's certainly an edge case, but a tad more removal could be helpful to rid yourself of problematic creatures or other effects. Song of the Dryads and Kenrith's Transformation are a couple of great options. The only other creature that doesn't do something like fight that shot to the front of my mind to get around Angus was Questing Beast .
However, simply looking at the list and thinking about good options in general I would say the following cards should be considered for replacement:
- Colossal Majesty its a bit slow compared to other green card draw. Sylvan Library is probably the best replacement if money is no issue. Beast Whisperer is decent and you can tutor it. There are great one-time effects considering the swarm you usually have like Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force . Harmonize is always a solid option. Oakhame Adversary is usually getting through because of deathtouch and you can always leave him as a blocker. Depending on your meta Runic Armasaur can net you plenty of cards.
- Liege of the Tangle feels like you'd be better off with something that helps finish the game the turn it enters the battlefield for this much mana. Craterhoof Behemoth or something like that would be nice, but if you're content with the pump that you get from Kamahl then perhaps Bane of Progress would be nice to wipe the pesky artifacts and enchantments. God-Eternal Rhonas is another decent buff to finish with. Great Oak Guardian could potentially be a finisher with your ability to turn lands into creatures and Temur Sabertooth as a way to recast the treefolk again and again.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed I feel like she is a decent card, especially since she is indestructible, but her activated ability is pretty costly for only digging 1 card. I would prefer Duskwatch Recruiter Flip for this kind of effect and if it flips it does the cost reduction. If you're after an indestructible creature here then Rhonas the Indomitable is great for the deathtouch as a blocker or threat, and his pump + trample effect. For other nice cost reducers there's Emerald Medallion and Rhonas's Monument .
- Curious Herd was a dead card for me in one of my games where I drew it. I ended up discarding it when I ended a turn at 8 cards in hand. I can see that it has potential in some matchups, but its is a bit meta dependent. Arachnogenesis would probably be an upgrade in many cases, but again meta dependant.
- Magus of the Order I was surprised when I saw this in my hand because I didn't realize it had been printed. 2020 was a blur. However, as it stands there were not a lot of great targets for this to go tutor into play. Avenger, Nyxbloom, of Baloths were the primary options to me since Leige needs to swing and connect in order to do something and wait a turn before the lands can attack giving opponents a chance to wipe your board (including 8/8 lands). Actual Natural Order would be preferable since it is less telegraphed, but still need better finisher, utility, value to tutor for. Craterhoof, Bane of Progress, or maybe something like Apex Devastator for all the silly cascades.
- Roiling Regrowth -> Harrow (generally won't get countered so the additional cost on cast of sacrificing a land is a minimal risk) or if you want a body Springbloom Druid .
- Bow of Nylea it certainly has its utility, but something like Ohran Frostfang may be better for the deathtouch buff and supplemental card draw.
Other cards to consider:
- Skyshroud Claim it doesn't have the option to cycle, but untapped lands can really help in situations where you've doubled or tripled your mana produced.
- Zendikar Resurgent is just a great card.
- Eternal Witness works great with Temur Sabertooth and is generally just a great card.
- Overwhelming Stampede just a nice alternative finisher to Kamahl incase he's too expensive to get back on the field.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape not a lot of humans in your current iteration to have his bounce ability be useful like Temur Sabertooth , but he's still another way to fight a problematic creature and he can remove an artifact/enchantment per attack.
- Champion of Lambholt with so many token creatures you can get this up to a point where your creatures are unblockable.
- Soul of the Harvest is another solid source of incremental card draw.
- Triumph of the Hordes is a nice surprise finisher, especially against someone with near-infinite life.
- Carpet of Flowers meta dependent, but excellent ramp.
- Elder Gargaroth beefy, and has useful options every attack.
- Bellowing Tanglewurm since Kamahl already can pump, this can help get your alpha strike in.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can just be a fun deterrent to board wipes if you have enough mana available to turn your opponent's lands into creatures in response.
- Oracle of Mul Daya just amazing for landfall theme.
- Gaea's Touch is a budget friendly option to help put more lands into play per turn, but they need to be basic forests.
- Tireless Tracker a bit grindy, but nice way to spend mana when you have nothing better to do. Also the treasure token trigger Kodama of the East Tree to allow you to put another land into play.
Some combo suggestions:
- Quirion Ranger + Ashaya, Soul of the Wild to use the ranger's ability to return the ranger and untap any other creature that can tap for mana to recast the range and repeat for infinite cast triggers, creature ETB triggers for other permanents that care, and "landfall" triggers. Scryb Ranger can also work if your "lands" produce an additional green or if you have a way to give them haste like Lightning Greaves or Concordant Crossroads .
- Cloudstone Curio + Kodama of the East Tree to put a land into play, bounce another land, resolve Kodama trigger to put that land back into play and bounce the first land for as many additional lands you can play per turn. This becomes infinite if you have a permanent that generates any kind of token on landfall trigger.