Suspend 3— (Rather than cast this card from your hand, pay and exile it with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. when the last is removed, cast it without paying its mana cost.)
: Gain one mana of any colour.
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Mox Tantalite Discussion
6 days ago
My recommendations :
I think most people will tell you that Oloro offers little competitive advantage to you compared to other esper commander like Zur (who can fetch Necropotence into play) or even Aminatou (who is a combo piece in the command zone). I think upsides for Oloro would be that he can do larger ad nauseam and possibly can even run Humility which few decks can win while it is on the board.
MANA COST TOO HIGH
I would first add better ramp, better draw, potential Stax, tutors and then other win cons.
Verity Circle (good against dorks)
Plunge into Darkness (a good Impulse)
CONSULT COMBO Demonic Consultation
AD NAUSEAM COMBO Angel's Grace
Ad Nauseam (draw whole deck, can Windfall and make everyone die while AG means you can't lose
Heliod Walking Ballista
Rocks that produce at least three mana total (outlet is extort with blind obedience or crypt ghast) If have pristine Talisman gain infinite life, which is infinite draw with commander
Didn't look at landbase
2 weeks ago
I have 13 slots to play with. Currently thinking Chrome Mox, Everflowing Chalice, Lotus Bloom, Lotus Petal, and Mox Tantalite as I have those already. At two I was thinking Dimir Signet, Grim Monolith, Mind Stone and Thought Vessel. Not sure how many this deck is going to need, but 9 seems reasonable.
3 weeks ago
Create a 0/0 Elemental creature token, then put X +1/+1 counters on it.
Make a Mox that isn't broken, along the lines of Mox Tantalite
4 weeks ago
Remove Zendikar Resurgent, Asceticism, Privileged Position, Mox Tantalite, Boros Charm, Jwari Shapeshifter, Halimar Excavator for Faeburrow Elder, Forest, Mountain, Arcane Signet, Kindred Dominance, Dryad of the Ilysian Grove. Umbral Mantle
1 month ago
Creator of Drauthi, Aether-Guardian, I am sad to say that no one can make cards that allow you to pay alternate costs or have "mana cost less than" printed on them. The reason is because of these 8 cards:
Some of these are better than others, but all are broken when combined with cards like what you listed
2 months ago
Ooh, reanimator. Some thoughts about the deck:
- You may not be playing enough lands/mana sources, even if you're not having so many mana troubles like you say, considering that your curve peaks at around CMC 3-4. I normally aim for 34 minimum. If you have access to Mana Crypt, Mox Diamond, and/or Chrome Mox, I'd definitely run one or more of those. (Mox Tantalite could be a good back-up if needed.) Otherwise, maybe upping your land count to 34 or so would probably help, or throwing in things like Land Tax and Sylvan Library to help you find your land cards. (Smothering Tithe, as you said, is a great ramp spell... but you need the lands to cast it!) Other lands I could see as good additions are Murmuring Bosk and Eiganjo Castle.
- While your white is a splash, Thalia's Lancers is a fairly good tutor for your legendary stuff (and you have quite a bit of it!). In terms of tutors, I could suggest Entomb.
- Apart from the gold standard Reanimate and Animate Dead, a possibly interesting reanimation spell that might work in your deck is Living Death (and especially in a combo with Grave Pact!). You could also look into Journey to Eternity Flip, which gives you a repeatable reanimation effect (in land form!).
- For other kill spells, in your colors, Vindicate or Pernicious Deed are the ones that immediately come to mind.
2 months ago
Mana curve would be faster with Mox Diamond, Mox Tantalite, or Mox Opal, but I am keeping the cost down. Demonic Tutor would also be a welcome addition. Duplication spells would be fun as well, such asFlameshadow Conjuring and/or Copy Enchantment. For additional win con, I am thinking of adding Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip.
3 months ago
TolarianScientist, your concern is real. At the moment, I'm running 16 spells which deal with that concern:
- Basic Landcycling: Jhessian Zombies, Ancient Excavation, Migratory Route, Treacherous Terrain, Grave Upheaval and Sylvan Reclamation
- Mana Rocks: Chrome Mox, Lotus Bloom and Mox Tantalite
- Land Fetch: Frenzied Tilling, Deathsprout, Grisly Salvage and Exploding Borders
- The Lone Mana Dork: Leyline Prowler
- Also: Primal Amulet Flip and Coiling Oracle
The problem with mana dorks is that none of the best ones are color pairs. With any other 5-color commander, this decklist would look totally different.
I like your suggestion of borderposts. Right now, the Spells I'd most consider removing are Merfolk Skydiver, Rise of the Hobgoblins, Deathbringer Liege, Terminate and Dovin, Grand Arbiter. Of those spells, how many and which would you replace with borderposts of the same colors?
Sorry for the long response.