|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment Creature — Spider
At the beginning of your upkeep, put the top two cards of your library into your graveyard.
1BG, Exile Nyx Weaver: Return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
Latest as Commander
Nyx Weaver Discussion
1 week ago
Update 19.02.08 -
2 weeks ago
I have been struggling to build a Delirium deck that's both consistent and flexible. Both versions rely on Ishkanah, Grafwidow and / or Assault Formation as the win-con. I need to reliably achieve Delirium by turn 4 and reliably have access to Ishkanah by turn 5 (assuming no ramp), in order to start stabilizing and applying pressure. I also need to be able to stall the game or otherwise stay alive in the early game.
Here's what I've got:
VERSION 1 Show
SCORE: 2 | 12 COMMENTS | 237 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
- Can churn through the deck quickly via multiple means of self-mill, digging to the key cards faster
- Limited amount of value from a full graveyard, between a couple sources of recursion ( Crop Sigil , Nyx Weaver ) and a couple of the "maybe" cards ( Gnaw to the Bone , Drown in Filth )
- Due to both of the above, doesn't generally have a problem with missing land drops, even at only 22 lands
- Linear strategy and low amount of "answers", due to not very many card slots being available (and due to not having full access to the graveyard when the needed answers get milled away!)
- Slow to get going, and sometimes has a hard time staying alive in the meantime
VERSION 2 Show
SCORE: 1 | 77 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
- Not using self-mill means instead having cards that provide value when going to the graveyard
- The deck has more room for low-CMC "answers" that both stall the game and enable Delirium
- Harder to "churn" through the library to find the right cards, and having a lot of cheap Delirium-enablers often means quickly having an empty hand
- Like version 1, slow to stabilize and reach its more explosive plays (though it seems to do a better job of surviving past the early game)
Please help me decide which of these build directions to focus on.
I want it to be enjoyable to play, so that each turn there's something useful to do (no dead cards or dead abilities on permanents), and when facing a faster deck, that it doesn't just feel like you're constantly back peddling and not being able to develop your board state.
I've been working on Version 1 for a while, and Version 2 is a more recent idea. But it's hard for me to tell whether it's going to be better, and I don't want to waste my time and energy focusing on it if Version 1 can actually be better.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Hmm, yeah I really like Sire and Mindslicer. Usually I try to set up some recursion and then empty everyone's hand as soon as possible (especially if there is a lot of blue on the table). I guess thats also why I am short on carddraw, as filling my hand goes a bit against this strategy...
Hmm I never really considered to cut Genesis (guess its also a bit of a pet card), but it is indeed a bit slow. Maybe a Hour of Promise or Pir's Whim that can search out my Volrath's Stronghold is indeed better. Will also remove Nyx Weaver for Nature's Lore .
Thank you for all the input. I had short look at your decks and especially liked the Thantis deck. Looks like a lot of fun to play! Goblin Diplomats are such a great card! Will have a closer look and try to give some input, when I have more time.
1 month ago
Life from the Loam Nyx Weaver Satyr Wayfinder Dread Return Splendid Reclamation Eternal Witness Genesis Filth Cultivate Kodama's Reach Rampant Growth Deadbridge Chant Animate Dead Dance of the Dead Necromancy
1 month ago
And I’d play things like Tireless Tracker and Titania, Protector of Argoth. The one is useful for card draw or artifact fodder and will get the buff regardless how you sac the clue. Where as if you sac a bunch of lands you can create a decent sized army.
1 month ago
I'm sure you have thought of these, but Traverse the Ulvenwald, Eldritch Evolution and Kitchen Finks are all in your colours... Aside from those Hangarback Walker often makes an appearance in similar lists, maybe Chamber Sentry for budget. Or you could try Nyx Weaver or Pharika, God of Affliction, Athreos, God of Passage which count as both an enchantment and a creature for delirium and seem fitting... Skinshifter might be worth a try if you want to stay budget friendly...
Just some quick thoughts, hope they help.
1 month ago
I'd run 4x Grim Flayer, which you have in your maybe board and if you want to stay reasonably budget 4x Skinshifter. Swap Eyeblight's Ending for Cast Down, Grasp of Darkness, Smother or as Zakkaery suggested Assassin's Trophy. You could also try Nyx Weaver or Pharika, God of Affliction which count as both an enchantment and a creature for delirium. Maybe Dowsing Dagger Flip, if you can flip it it will provide more ramp, but it slows your play...
Some quick thoughts, hope they help.
Nyx Weaver occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
BUG (Sultai): 0.19%