|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment Creature — Spider
At the beginning of your upkeep, put the top two cards of your library into your graveyard.
1BG, Exile Nyx Weaver: Return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||Fiolek , bakunet , sombrevivo , corys , admizell , webdokkeren , geazykagar , Kimimaro , prass1 , Friedrice24|
|Want (21)||CryAll , Sky_Ward_Syndicate , TheRedDeath , Lazysaurus , dymongoose , Victorp99 , StoicHippo , McHootz , Nino_Cambo , lastkingofdenmark , pcguy89 , Rev0388 , cyrers , Exuluna , buildingadeck , Willshire610 , CharizardFTW , cdgalucard , Hayliiel , DangoDaikazoku , Nerukad|
Nyx Weaver Discussion
6 days ago
Underrealm Lich Just looks fun from new set
3 weeks ago
Dude that Nyx Weaver is a baller card
3 weeks ago
Nyx Weaver is black and green but can only be green.
3 weeks ago
Nyx Weaver doesn't match up with your commander colors but other than that this deck looks really interesting and cool +1 from me.
4 weeks ago
I recommend narrowing in on a strategy that spiders fit into. On one hand, you could go farther in on the Assault Formation plan with cards like Tower Defense, Kin-Tree Invocation, and Sheltering Word. There's also the option of playing more with the graveyard using Nyx Weaver, Spider Spawning, and other self-mill. Either way, I'd consider adding in ways to benefit from going tribal. Metallic Mimic, Obelisk of Urd, Door of Destinies, and Adaptive Automaton come to mind. As for spider lords, Ishkanah, Grafwidow is an obvious choice.
1 month ago
Hi! I'm personally a huge fan of Muldrotha as a commander; so first of all, nice choice! Here are some cuts and additions I'd recommend:
- Archetype of Endurance. This card is very powerful to be sure, but Muldrotha already needs a lot of mana to function, and you don't have very many ways to cheat it into play.
- Butcher of Malakir. Grave Pact and Dictate of Erebos are more expensive money-wise, but being cheaper on mana and also more resilient makes them much, much better.
- Deranged Assistant. It looks good at first glance, but it's a 2-mana dork, and you're not playing any of the 1-mana dorks anyways. The single-card mill is a very minor upside.
- Millikin. Same as above.
- Nyx Weaver. It can be very good, but it's just too slow. There are much better ways to mill yourself, and a 6-mana Regrowth is way too much mana.
- Progenitor Mimic. A powerful card to be sure, but this isn't the deck for it.
- Slum Reaper. I think this card is only really worth running in decks that badly need the 3rd Fleshbag Marauder. Shriekmaw is almost always going to be better.
- Aether Spellbomb. Looping it can be fun, but bouncing a creature is a terrible waste, and there are better ways to draw cards with artifacts.
- Perpetual Timepiece. This card was good on Game Knights when they were only using Standard cards, but we have better options.
- Plague Boiler. This card is also cool, but once again, we have better choices.
- Demonic Vigor. Fun with Muldrotha, but there is usually so much exile-based removal in Commander that this card isn't as good as you think.
- Hesitation. Sweet include, but looks a little too cute. Very easy to play around, and also counters your spells.
- Skeletal Grimace. Same as Demonic Vigor.
- Thrull Retainer. Same.
- Grave Pact / Dictate of Erebos
- Living Death
- Dimir Signet
- Siren Stormtamer
- Farhaven Elf
- Wood Elves
- Evolutionary Leap
- Altar of Dementia
- Ashnod's Altar
- Pelakka Wurm
- Kiora, the Crashing Wave
- Viscera Seer
- Carrion Feeder
- Glen Elendra Archmage (pricey, but very powerful)
- Nihil Spellbomb (secretly fantastic here)
- Sultai Charm
- Phyrexian Arena
Hope this helps! Feel free to leave a comment on my profile if you'd like further suggestions for this or any other deck! Good luck!
1 month ago
Thanks for the suggestions! I origanally intended to put Ishkanah, Grafwidow in this deck. However, I felt that her delirium ability wouldn't trigger often. Spider decks with Ishkanah are usually graveyard decks with spiders such as Nyx Weaver. I am not that fond of self mill strategies, hence I left her out. I definitely want to add Juvenile Gloomwidow as it synergizes with Obelisk Spider and is a great 2 drop, but I don't know what to switch out for. Crumbling Ashes is a great card but again, I don't know what to switch out for.
1 month ago
She saw some play in RTR + THS standard mainly in Golgari decks that ran stuff like Grisly Salvage, Satyr Wayfinder, Lotleth Troll, Nyx Weaver, Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord, Nighthowler, etc. Some sultai stuff was also around that used her.
People mostly remember that Standard rotation as containing lots of UWx control that absolutely abused Sphinx's Revelation and Supreme Verdict as well as mono B and BW decks centered around Gray Merchant of Asphodel. Cards like Nightveil Specter, Pack Rat, Underworld Connections, and so on proved to be easy ways to increase devotion counts. Mono blue devotion was also a thing around then, as was GR monsters lists that abused ramping with Voyaging Satyr and Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx.
Lastly, that standard era was defined by the insane power of Elspeth, Sun's Champion. Midrange decks that weren't Elspeth decks needed other ways to close games to stay relevant as long as she stayed around.
As far as removal was concerned, no, there wasn't an overabundance of great options. For example, Hero's Downfall was a $15 card when it came out. It's pretty good, but that's the best outside of Verdict. The biggest graveyard abuse that took place during this era came from Whip of Erebos. Still, remember that Rest in Peace debuted in Ravnica and did very little work in the format. It was a junk rare for a long time.
Hope that helps. If you have other questions, I can answer them.