|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Spirit Cleric
Sacrifice Selfless Spirit: Creatures you control gain indestructible until end of turn.
|Have (7)||Riders_of_Brohan , arcanis173 , Mortiferus_Rosa , metalmagic , philktoken8998 , , TheRealSpecialK|
|Want (8)||nClark45 , TVOJr , nan0man , Flamadiddle , SkylordAleksander , olivo426 , Lavatails , JararoNatsu|
Selfless Spirit Discussion
3 days ago
Out: Gild --> willst nix exilen sondern in den Graveyard packen, Springleaf Drum --> zu langsam und du willst nix tappen, Ghostly Prison --> geschmackssache muss nicht sein hast genug gute Kreaturen zum blocken, Death Grasp --> besser wäre hier Debt to the Deathless bring lieber alle um als nur einen, Bontu the Glorified muss hart drum herum gebaut werden besser wäre der neue bontu God-Eternal Bontu , Overseer of the Damned --> zu langsamer removal und zombies kommen tapped rein meh, Pontiff of Blight --> Extort brauchst du nicht bzw. das ganze gibt es billiger in Tithe Drinker .
In: Anguished Unmaking + Utter End + Despark + Swords to Plowshares --> typisches Removal Package in Orzhov, Selfless Spirit --> sehr gut weil protection von wipes, Golgari Thug --> kann rein füllt graveyard, Enlightened Tutor --> wenn du ihn hast perfekt findet Skullclamp, Living Death --> hervorragender Boardwipe für dich, Viscera Seer --> immer gut zum saccen, Pawn of Ulamog --> sac futter und ramp,
Rest hast du schon drin.
1 week ago
Growing Ranks creates a token that's a copy of another creature token so it's especially useful in combination with your additions like Hanweir Militia Captain Flip and Suture Priest to crank out token creatures faster, but I guess I'm missing how that benefits (or extends) Selfless Spirit's Effect.
Either way, I think it's a good call to sideboard Chromatic Lantern . If you don't find yourself swapping it in after a while, just replace it altogether.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Apollo_Paladin Thank you for the compliment. I gave a look at your deck, and it gave me some ideas, specifically with Unearth . I know what you're thinking with Chromatic Lantern but I really like it as a little bit of an insurance policy to help maintain floating mana. I took your advice with moving Nova Cleric to the sideboard until I find something more cost effective for enchantment removal; so more updates to come. I also removed Dark Supplicant and the Scion of Darkness . It felt like unnecessary/cumbersome when more efficient means of sacrificing exist and adding another Coat of Arms seems like a better use of space.
So far my favorite combo that I have been playing around with involves sacrificing Selfless Spirit for 1-3 zombies tokens (courtesy of Rotlung Reanimator ), then tapping cleric tokens that Hanweir Militia Captain Flip provided to use Skirsdag High Priest and get 1-4 demon tokens, then using Unearth to put Selfless Spirit back into and ready to sac again for the next turn, and depending on how many Suture Priests are on field gaining 3-12 life for the low low cost of 1 mana, pending what is already on the field of course. Additionally, Coat of Arms really makes this a nasty combo.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
I think the deck looks really good. The only suggestion I would have would be Selfless Spirit so you can make your stuff indestructible if someone is about to do a board wipe.
1 month ago
Lambofan217 I would say these two are interchangable, Fulminator Mage has the nice effect that you can decide when to activate it, but Avalanche Riders has the small upside that it hits basic lands and has haste. I just already had a sweet foil FNM promo Avalanche Riders and decided to put that in the deck :)
multimedia thanks for the suggestions mate! I appreciate it!
- No idea why Command Tower wasn't listed here, I even have it in my paper deck, so added it back here. Thanks for catching that!
- I like to run some amount of basics since I love abusing Solemn Simulacrum . I might indeed cut a plains or swamp, but they will make place for the new Canopy lands from Modern Horizons
- Enlightened Tutor has been going in and out ocassionaly, but I might add it back in. I agree that Ravos, Soultender has been kind of underwhelming in the deck.
- Selfless Spirit used to be in the deck but I was really unimpressed by its performance. Since this deck doesn't need to swarm the board per se, board wipes aren't your main concern, and I always felt like I wanted to recur something more valueable with Alesha's ability. As for Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord , I'm still testing is, as I do like the lifegain.
- Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice is just a card I think is very sweet, even though it might not be the best pick for the deck
- Palace Jailer is a sweet card, but I have been very impressed with Twilight Prophet , the ability is amazing (even killed a player once by putting Elesh Norn on top with Vamp Tutor). She truly shines when the game has reached a stalled boardstate and players are trying to wast resources to resolve it. You just sit on your Prophet and accumulate value. Sure the City's Blessing can be a minor downside, but rarely hard to achieve in EDH
- I'm actually content with the amount of Aristocrats in the deck, I might replace her with Zulaport Cutthroat though
I was actually also thinking off Aurelia, the Warleader . Most importantly because I think the card is awesome, but it could help closing games in the late-game. What do you think?
1 month ago
Hey, your deck is great, but where's Command Tower ? Nice primer lots of work went into, it's well organized and written :)
Upgrades to consider:
- Command Tower > 1x Swamp
- City of Brass > 1x Plains
- Luxury Suite > 1x Swamp
- Enlightened Tutor > Ravos, Soultender
- Selfless Spirit > Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan > Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice
- Palace Jailer > Twilight Prophet
- Cruel Celebrant > Phyrexian Arena
Enlightened Tutor has many powerful cards that it can tutor for especially a sac outlet, Skullclamp or Reconnaissance . Cruel Celebrant is another aristocrat. Selfless Spirit is a nice support creature with Alesha and Lark. Palace Jailer can be reanimated by Alesha, gives you the monarch (your end step draw) and can exile an opponent's creature; that's a lot of interaction for a four drop. Yahenni, Undying Partisan is a fantastic sac outlet in Commander because board wipes are going to happen with multiple opponents. He's also a another creature sac outlet which is important with Alesha. Only currently having Seer as the only creature sac outlet is risky.
I don't think Ravos, Soultender is worth playing he's another five drop and his recursion is worse compared to Lark and Guide's reanimation who are also five drops. Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord is lackluster compared to all the other reanimation here because many creatures you want to reanimate have high CMCs which doesn't play well with his -X ability. Out of all the four drops Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice doesn't do much. It's nice that she can be reanimated by Alesha, but why would you choose to reanimate her out of all the other creatures? I don't think she's worth playing for that reason. Twilight Prophet has a powerful ability, but only if you have the city's blessing which without a token strategy is slow. I'm not a fan of Phyrexian Arena in Commander it's too slow. I think you're much better off getting draw from creatures with Alesha especially with Skullclamp . Good luck with your deck.
Selfless Spirit occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.14%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%