|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Mana Vault doesn't untap during your untap step.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay . If you do, untap Mana Vault.
At the beginning of your draw step, if Mana Vault is tapped, it deals 1 damage to you.
: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||greanbeaner , warcry02 , robbnoble , ironax , Lucretian , kaboomeow , CoolBeansBrattah , Vasbear1 , Mousemke , zachi , Shiromakuro , Azdranax , TheAlmostHero , CastleSiege , MyTotoro , Justinaut|
|Want (14)||Roadhog , MouseyWolf , pauldiamond64 , Fergernuggets , sonnet666 , Gearfriedroy , pskinn01 , ryuzaki32667 , Nightdragon779 , goodair , Chill_Casual , Wiggins , Cunningcrow , Poptartz95|
Mana Vault Discussion
1 day ago
Burgeoning and Exploration are kind of a waste for your deck since you aren’t running enough lands in the first place. They should probably be cut for lands or better mana rocks. Obviously if you have Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, and Grim Monolith you should add them. The speed they provide is insane, especially in a deck as expensive mana wise as yours is.
3 days ago
Update: Took out Divine Offering for The Immortal Sun = I had way too much artifact and enchantment removal. Cursebreak for Mind's Eye = That extra Mana now has a use. I am also fixing that dead draw. Solemn Offering for Land Tax = Unseen Card advantage by thinning out the deck. Plus never missing a land drop is nice. Terashi's Grasp for Mana Vault = When I am having downtime waiting to blow up the board state, I can untap with the four mana. The ping of one damage really is not seen by how much the life gain is represented here. Then, Repercussion for Boros Signet = This was great, but I am susceptible to mass artifact removal.
Did come into a weird situation that needs addressing. Someone puts Followed Footsteps on my Stuffy Doll. They name me. I have Pariah on my Stuffy Doll and Repercussion. What happens here? My judge classes give me the sense that I essentially loop and the loop cannot stop. In that time the damage has nowhere to go that will hurt the game state. Thus, moving on with the game happens.
4 days ago
In order to really make this fly you need all the broken, expensive cards like Mana Vault, Ancient Tomb... (someday when we're rich an famous, ya?) Do pick up Urza's Tower, Urza's Mine, Urza's Power Plant, and Crystal Vein tho.
And since you're not abusing all those expensive cards, I'd plat Skittering Invasion just to have the ramp.
4 days ago
This deck is not able to be played in Standard because Theros/RTR rotated out (unfortunately). It seems like more of a casual deck. It's also not viable for Modern because it's in a pretty crap state what with Tron decks or whatever. If you were to turn this into a W/B EDH deck then there are some sweet commanders for that.
Modern decks (the viable ones) cost a boatload of money. Sometimes, they cost more that EDH. I'd advise browsing the 'InTeRwEbS' for what the point of EDH is or some fun Commanders.
To get into EDH, I'd suggest selling your bulk rates because people often aren't willing to trade a Mana Vault for 60 penny rares. I hope this helps
5 days ago
Your manabase is truly awful.
- You have too many lands that ETB tapped.
- You manabase color consistency is spotty at best.
- You have too many utility lands that don't provide colored mana (this is likely the root cause for #2).
- You are missing some key artifact ramp/color fixing.
- You are running some very questionable choices: Examples: Crypt of Agadeem you only have 7 black creatures total (not counting commander) Save this for a mono-black deck & Glacial Chasm my guess is you are using this to hold off attacks until you can combo off. The issue is this card combos best with Solemnity, but you can't run white.
- 1,2,3: Drop a bunch of the ETB lands and utility lands bring in Fetchlands and Duals (OG Duals, Shocklands (Ravnica blocks), Tango Lands(Battle for Zendikar) and Bi-cycle lands (Amonkett)). Choose what works for your budget.
- 4. Add Chromatic Lantern it will help with color fixing, stops Blood Moon attacks and makes non-mana producing lands into mana producing lands. I would also suggest Mana Vault and Voltaic Key. These will help you mana ramp and keep pace with Ramp decks which have access to green mana. Also missing is Crucible of Worlds. It help you recover from mass land destruction and ensure you hit your land drops if you are running fetchlands. Other artifacts to consider are: Mox Opal, Chrome Mox, Grim Monolith, Rakdos Signet, Dimir Signet, Izzet Signet, Lion's Eye Diamond Again, choose what works for your budget.
- 5. Remove your questionable choices and run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers instead. Urborg will make all your lands swamps, which will solve any black mana issues and make all non-mana lands into mana producing lands. And it combos amazingly with Cabal Coffers. It is way better than the Crypt of Agadeem. I also suggest running Maze of Ith instead of Mystifying Maze. Maze of Ith doesn't cost mana to activate and will deter attacks or at least nullify their best non-shroud, non-hexproof creature. Mystifying Maze will just encourage certain attacks since it can trigger ETB effects for your opponents. Which can be more valuable then shrinking your life total.
Other Issues and Potential Fixes:
- Graveyard Hate/Enchantment Removal. You added Pithing Needle to deal with certain artifacts but have ignored enchantment based graveyard hate. And I don't see any real enchantment removal. The only card that could hit an enchantment seems to be Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. Leyline of the Void, Rest in Peace, and Ashes of the Abhorrent just straight up ruin your day. Grixis is weak to this permanent type, but blue has your best answers. I would add Cyclonic Rift which is the best 1 sided boardwipe in EDH and will help you recover from an oppressive board state or seal your position as the Victor. I would also suggest adding Venser, Shaper Savant. He can delay a spell from hitting the table or bounce back a troublesome permanent. He combos well with Riptide Laboratory.
- Troublesome Lands. I don't see any way for you to deal with lands that could ruin your day. Opponents running huge mana lands like Gaea's Cradle, Serra's Sanctum or Cabal Coffers or other trouble some lands like Scavenger Grounds. You have nothing for targeted removal of these threats Look to Strip Mine or Wasteland or similar lands.
- Missing Combo Pieces. Teferi's Veil combos with Sedris, just be mindful of the leaves battlefield clause from Sedris as they are still the same permanent still when they phase back in. And both Sneak Attack and Whip of Erebos combo with it and have high synergy with your deck. (same leaves battlefield clause applies to the whipped creatures) Also think about running Embalmer's Tools
- Quality Creatures. A lot of your creatures don't make sense or are just low on value. I would look back towards your original thought about ETB based creatures for the majority of your creatures to abuse. Combustible GearhulkNoxious Gearhulk,Molten Primordial,Sepulchral Primordial,Trinket Mage,Trophy Mage,Sidisi, Undead Vizier,Zealous Conscripts,Massacre Wurm,Sphinx of Uthuun. And then a few other key enabler creatures like: Deadeye Navigator which helps remove the leaves clause from creatures you cheated back from the graveyard and River Kelpie which will help you draw
- Better Tutors. You should be running better tutors in general and better tutors for your graveyard. Like: Entomb,Buried Alive,Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Final Parting, Dark Petition, Merchant Scroll, Mystical Tutor, Fabricate, Personal Tutor
- Better Looting/Rummaging. Like: Faithless Looting,Frantic Search,Dack Fayden,Windfall,Ancient Excavation,Cathartic Reunion, Careful Study
- Better Counterspells. Like: Mana Drain,Force of Will,Disallow,Forbid
- Cantrips. Getting to your best cards is key to being able to play your game. Brainstorm, Ponder,Preordain,Thought Scour
- Recursion. Some options open to you are: Snapcaster Mage, Yawgmoth's Will, Time Spiral, Past in Flames, Mizzix's Mastery,Magus of the Will, Crucible of Worlds
5 days ago
First of all, I have to say that I love the idea of your decklist! Firesong and Sunspeaker are so cool with all those ''board damaging'' spells, it seems really great. :)
But I was wondering... are you ramping quickly enough to be effective in the early/mid (and even consistent in the late) with all your manavorous spells? I think I would definitely cut some of them, the weakest ones, and run a Boros Signet and (if it fits your budget) a Mana Vault. Land Tax is also a nice staple to stabilize your mana pool if you are searching for other options.
Another card you could consider is the The Immortal Sun. You actually don't get a lot of good card advantage in Boros, and this card seems to do everything you need here (and eventually in some situations it slows down your opponents playing superfriends/control/etc. decks).
Chandra, Torch of Defiance is also a nice tool for getting some card advantage / ramp.
Mind's Eye is a nice card to get some card draw.
I don't really know why, maybe it's a fantasy of my greedy mind, but I would give a try to Authority of the Consuls in this deck, alongside some friendly not so friendly tokens generators like Assemble the Legion or Akroan Horse.
I hope this will help you a bit!
6 days ago
I don't think Cataclysm is a good card for you, it looks like you like to hoard permanents in the field, and Cataclysm is no good for that. Another thing, you have few pieces to combo well with Stasis you do have Root Maze but Kismet (or Frozen AEther) or Orb of Dreams can help you finnish the combo.
Eventhough Mana Vault is a great card I dont feel like is necesary, but it's an artifact based stax so I get it. I wouldnt play Ichor Rats it's way too slow even for a stax deck.If you wanna check my deck here it is: Max Stax Atraxa
Also, I like to play Armageddon and Heroic Intervention, It has won me a lot of games. And since you're running Armageddon and Ravages of War you double the chances to get the combo. Also Heroic Intervention is a great counter for all the boardwipes or targeted disruption in commander.
See ya man! =)
6 days ago
I like what your doing here. Never thought to use Hellkite Tyrant with Mycosynth Lattice
But I do have a few recommendations for you that might help.I see you have Sensei's Divining Top. You could run Cloud Key + Future Sight + Sensei's Divining Top combo, You can Draw your whole deck, and if you add Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter You can cast you whole deck if you have mana rocks out.
And here's a list of just good cards that might work well with this deck:
- The Antiquities War
- Demonic Tutor
- Storm the Vault
- Trinket Mage
- Mystical Tutor
- Diabolic Tutor
- Voltaic Key
- Paradox Engine
- Mana Vault
- Basalt Monolith
- Isochron Scepter
- Future Sight
- Dramatic Reversal
Hope this was helpful to you
Happy Brewing -Ore