Creature — Rhino Soldier
When Stonehorn Dignitary enters the battlefield, target opponent skips his or her next combat phase.
Printings View all
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Stonehorn Dignitary occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Stonehorn Dignitary Discussion
3 weeks ago
This is a cool first deck! You might like these: Soulherder , Conjurer's Closet , Brago, King Eternal , Spark Double , Stonehorn Dignitary , Mistmeadow Witch , Peregrine Drake , Commander's Sphere , Azorius Locket , Sun Titan
2 months ago
4 months ago
The first places I'm going to test this:
1. Delver: we all know it's going to take another Treasure Cruise to make modern delver real
2. Soulherder + Stonehorn Dignitary
3. Some ridiculous zoo deck with goyfs and probably Mishra's Bauble and way too few lands
3.5: some kiln fiend deck or prowess of some kind that also plays way too few lands
4. Assault Formation decks: dont judge me. I've got a long history with doran
6. Freed from the Real combo
7. Kiki decks?
8. 8-whack. Seems sweet
10. Through the Breach /raze-boar decks
11. GW Value-town?! I'd love to see it come back
And since it looks like I'm stretching I want to end this with where i think we wont see it:
1. Tron: it misses planeswalkers and artifacts. Instant deal-breaker
2. Elves. They got searching on lock, though the Land Grant mode could come in handy
3. Neoform: it doesnt fit their playstyle, they go off much more like a legacy Belcher deck and a top 5 cards cantrip wont save many of their openers
4. Stoneblade: while turn 1 find a hierarch and play it be an awesome opening line,
The midrange uses of this card are pretty low powerlevel.
5. Crazy 5-color shenanigans: I dont think this will be enough to break some crazy ridiculous manabase deck or fragile combo deck.
cough (jeskai ascendancy) cough
6. Puresteel: drawing one of these during the beginning of the combo when you're still able to fizzle seems backbreaking, so maybe as a <2 of?
So naturally, the card is probably going to completely revolutionize one of those decks
5 months ago
thanks thrustwhistle! great suggestions, i put Soulherder , Vesperlark , and Ephemerate in the deck. Eldrazi Displacer is a very good combo piece (and also a good blink card actually), the problem is that i don't have enought fonts of colorless mana; also i don't want to make my deck too much combo focused, but more of a control/value. Spike Weaver is a great card but doesn't quite make the cut, i used to play Stonehorn Dignitary which is similar, but there are too few people who play aggro in my playgroup to make it worth it.
6 months ago
I had a lot of fun playtesting my UW Cycling deck against yours! The copies of Stonehorn Dignitary are a really solid lock, but funny enough Astral Drift is a solid answer to Soulherder . One thing that felt odd about your version is that you have all the ETB synergies, but you actually have very few Astral Drift and Abandoned Sarcophagus synergies. The Drift has only the lands, itself, and the Cast Out s to trigger the bounce, and the Sarcophagus can only bring back the Drifts and the Cast Outs. Even as a one of, the sarcophagus might be better off as another copy of Panharmonicon just for the consistency.
As an aside, if someone can lock out the Soulherders, the deck seems to have trouble actually just winning. It's great at not dying with all the draw, lifegain, and skipping combat phases, but swinging with 1 and 2 attack creatures doesn't put much pressure on the opponent.
6 months ago
1) They check as they go to resolve. So unless your hand loses cards between the two triggers resolving, having a second copy of Damia out wouldn't be that functionally helpful.
2) Yes, you can do that. If two different things both tell you to skip a phase of a turn, you just skip it once. You can get some good value in a Damia deck by running Null Profusion and Recycle which are good cards other than making you skip your draw step. Notably, something similar is Stonehorn Dignitary which causes a player to skip their next combat step rather than all combat steps during a single turn. The Dignitary can stack up and save the effects for several turns.
3) It would replace the next 4 cards you would draw that same turn, via Damia or otherwise . Damia can draw you up to 7 cards during your upkeep.
6 months ago
Stonehorn Dignitary is a really good one! I'm adding that for sure. Thanks for the suggestion!
6 months ago
As soon as I saw Soulherder I really wanted to build a pEDH deck around him. I unfortunately have not as of yet. I have too many decks and I have a foiling problem. I'll probably just build it on Tapped Out as I think things up and go from there.
You have a solid list and I don't know what else I think I would change or include at the moment. I would be interested in hearing about your outcomes and matchups.
Thanks for sharing your deck!