|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Imprint — When Chrome Mox enters the battlefield, you may exile a nonartifact, nonland card from your hand.
: Add one mana of any of the exiled card's colors to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||Justinaut , PhyrexianScience , Mousemke , Shiromakuro , Azdranax , Willis1994 , Vasbear1 , jstn.mrrtt , TheHelvault , Famicomania , miracle , Riders_of_Brohan , Swamy , mziter501|
|Want (15)||jamesesdad , sonnet666 , GeminiSpartanX , Ariumlegion , Roadhog , hippienproud , Enivid , cj96.calimlim , rainbowofdeath , Razulghul , pskinn01 , ryuzaki32667 , TheBl0b , Chill_Casual , VoidCaster113|
Chrome Mox Discussion
2 days ago
4 days ago
Thanks a lot, Regoober! Yeah, I completely agree with you. In addition to Chrome Mox, the optimized version of this deck would also have a playset of Mox Opals instead of Lotus Petals, as land base built around shock lands. However, I try to build decks that are semi-budget, so they didn't make the cut. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the deck!
4 days ago
Lol. FUN! I feel like you need more Chrome Mox, but it's great!
4 days ago
Your manabase is truly awful.
- You have too many lands that ETB tapped.
- You manabase color consistency is spotty at best.
- You have too many utility lands that don't provide colored mana (this is likely the root cause for #2).
- You are missing some key artifact ramp/color fixing.
- You are running some very questionable choices: Examples: Crypt of Agadeem you only have 7 black creatures total (not counting commander) Save this for a mono-black deck & Glacial Chasm my guess is you are using this to hold off attacks until you can combo off. The issue is this card combos best with Solemnity, but you can't run white.
- 1,2,3: Drop a bunch of the ETB lands and utility lands bring in Fetchlands and Duals (OG Duals, Shocklands (Ravnica blocks), Tango Lands(Battle for Zendikar) and Bi-cycle lands (Amonkett)). Choose what works for your budget.
- 4. Add Chromatic Lantern it will help with color fixing, stops Blood Moon attacks and makes non-mana producing lands into mana producing lands. I would also suggest Mana Vault and Voltaic Key. These will help you mana ramp and keep pace with Ramp decks which have access to green mana. Also missing is Crucible of Worlds. It help you recover from mass land destruction and ensure you hit your land drops if you are running fetchlands. Other artifacts to consider are: Mox Opal, Chrome Mox, Grim Monolith, Rakdos Signet, Dimir Signet, Izzet Signet, Lion's Eye Diamond Again, choose what works for your budget.
- 5. Remove your questionable choices and run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers instead. Urborg will make all your lands swamps, which will solve any black mana issues and make all non-mana lands into mana producing lands. And it combos amazingly with Cabal Coffers. It is way better than the Crypt of Agadeem. I also suggest running Maze of Ith instead of Mystifying Maze. Maze of Ith doesn't cost mana to activate and will deter attacks or at least nullify their best non-shroud, non-hexproof creature. Mystifying Maze will just encourage certain attacks since it can trigger ETB effects for your opponents. Which can be more valuable then shrinking your life total.
Other Issues and Potential Fixes:
- Graveyard Hate/Enchantment Removal. You added Pithing Needle to deal with certain artifacts but have ignored enchantment based graveyard hate. And I don't see any real enchantment removal. The only card that could hit an enchantment seems to be Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. Leyline of the Void, Rest in Peace, and Ashes of the Abhorrent just straight up ruin your day. Grixis is weak to this permanent type, but blue has your best answers. I would add Cyclonic Rift which is the best 1 sided boardwipe in EDH and will help you recover from an oppressive board state or seal your position as the Victor. I would also suggest adding Venser, Shaper Savant. He can delay a spell from hitting the table or bounce back a troublesome permanent. He combos well with Riptide Laboratory.
- Troublesome Lands. I don't see any way for you to deal with lands that could ruin your day. Opponents running huge mana lands like Gaea's Cradle, Serra's Sanctum or Cabal Coffers or other trouble some lands like Scavenger Grounds. You have nothing for targeted removal of these threats Look to Strip Mine or Wasteland or similar lands.
- Missing Combo Pieces. Teferi's Veil combos with Sedris, just be mindful of the leaves battlefield clause from Sedris as they are still the same permanent still when they phase back in. And both Sneak Attack and Whip of Erebos combo with it and have high synergy with your deck. (same leaves battlefield clause applies to the whipped creatures) Also think about running Embalmer's Tools
- Quality Creatures. A lot of your creatures don't make sense or are just low on value. I would look back towards your original thought about ETB based creatures for the majority of your creatures to abuse. Combustible GearhulkNoxious Gearhulk,Molten Primordial,Sepulchral Primordial,Trinket Mage,Trophy Mage,Sidisi, Undead Vizier,Zealous Conscripts,Massacre Wurm,Sphinx of Uthuun. And then a few other key enabler creatures like: Deadeye Navigator which helps remove the leaves clause from creatures you cheated back from the graveyard and River Kelpie which will help you draw
- Better Tutors. You should be running better tutors in general and better tutors for your graveyard. Like: Entomb,Buried Alive,Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Final Parting, Dark Petition, Merchant Scroll, Mystical Tutor, Fabricate, Personal Tutor
- Better Looting/Rummaging. Like: Faithless Looting,Frantic Search,Dack Fayden,Windfall,Ancient Excavation,Cathartic Reunion, Careful Study
- Better Counterspells. Like: Mana Drain,Force of Will,Disallow,Forbid
- Cantrips. Getting to your best cards is key to being able to play your game. Brainstorm, Ponder,Preordain,Thought Scour
- Recursion. Some options open to you are: Snapcaster Mage, Yawgmoth's Will, Time Spiral, Past in Flames, Mizzix's Mastery,Magus of the Will, Crucible of Worlds
2 weeks ago
The main cards to add for this effect would be:
Triskelion and Mikaeus, the Unhallowed for the most straightforward combo, and the Buried Alive you have to put them in, preferably with Rune-Scarred Demon. You recur the Demon fetching Vindicate, then bring the Mikaeus/Triskelion Combo out by sacing the Demon. This means Buried Alive can win the game with the commander as a one card combo. Phantasmagorian can be used if you end up with any number of the combo pieces in hand.
Other cards to add include Imperial Seal, Grim Tutor, Diabolic Intent, Culling the Weak, Dimir Machinations, Corpse Connoisseur, Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Memnite, Shield Sphere, Ornithopter, Grim Monolith, Phyrexian Walker, Chrome Mox, Lotus Petal, Defense Grid, Dark Confidant, etc.
Cards you can drop:
2 weeks ago
This ended up being really, really long...so if it's TL;DR or you feel too critical, feel free to delete it (I wouldn't even complain at this point). Hard to really see this as an "Enchantress" deck while only being able to use Mesa Enchantress and NOT including a Serra's Sanctum to boot. Much more simply an Enchantment heavy Angel deck, which I definitely approve of since I love both Enchantments and Angels, but the title is misleading.
Enchantress is a deck centered around the Enchantress triggers of Argothian Enchantress, Verduran Enchantress, Enchantress's Presence, Eidolon of Blossoms; and if you're adding a color, you add White so you can use Mesa Enchantress and Femeref Enchantress. Without this core, it's not Enchantress.
As for the rest of the deck, it looks like it should be able to hold its own, but would probably improve with some cheaper Angels or more ramp. I used to run Voltron Akroma, Angel of Wrath and had to use tons of mana rocks just to make it playable. Akroma also cost 5WWW to get the FIRST time soooo....yeah...
Angels:Serra Avenger, Angelic Page, Emancipation Angel, Seraph of the Sword, Sustainer of the Realm, Angel of Condemnation, Seraph of Dawn, Blinding Angel, Herald of the Host, Angel of Sanctions, Angelic Arbiter, Angel of Serenity, Akroma, Angel of Wrath, Resolute Archangel, Archangel of Thune, Baneslayer Angel, Serra Ascendant, Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Iona, Shield of Emeria.
Enchantments:Serra's Blessing, Brave the Sands, True Conviction, Righteous Cause, Aura of Silence, Blind Obedience, Endless Horizons, Spirit Loop, Karmic Justice, Nevermore, Seal of Cleansing, Sphere of Safety, Spiritual Focus, Starfield of Nyx, Worship, Moat, Test of Endurance
Rocks/Ramp:Land Tax is pricey, but the best mono white land grabber in the game.Gilded Lotus, Chrome Mox, Lotus Petal, Manalith, Fellwar Stone, Spectral Searchlight, Darksteel Ingot, Mind Stone, Thran Dynamo, Pristine Talisman, Caged Sun, Gauntlet of Power, Extraplanar Lens, Explorer's Scope, Thunder Totem, Marble Diamond.
Other:Door of Destinies, Herald's Horn, Howling Mine, Demystify, Disenchant, Fragmentize, Forsake the Worldly, Fumigate, Aetherflux Reservoir, Approach of the Second Sun, Faith Healer, Grand Abolisher, Open the Vaults, Replenish, Second Sunrise, Oketra's Monument
A number of these are pretty pricey (and definitely out of my price range) but as someone who plays White in every format he plays, a Tribal player and an Enchantress player, I can go on and on and on about these kinds of decks...This deck happens to have a White-centric tribe and is Enchantment based. XD My apologies.
3 weeks ago
I don't see why you are playing Panharmonicon. The only cards you're playing (not considering your maybeboard) which have an ETB are Sorcerous Spyglass, Trinket Mage, Trophy Mage, Semblance Anvil, Isochron Scepter and Chrome Mox. Out of these I would only consider the first 3 usefull.
My guess is you thought it would trigger Jhoira twice, but she triggers on "casting" an historic spell. Easy mistake to make, made it myself at first ;-) If you want to double your draws, you could consider Alhammarret's Archive. Or if you want a different form of card advantage, you can also play Search for Azcanta Flip.
I made my own Jhoira deck, although it has no game ending combos in it, since I'm playing in a more casual playgroup. Take a look at it, if you want some inspiration ;) Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain
3 weeks ago
I love mana rocks, but I want mana accelerators, it doesn't really do this because once I have a legendary it's too late! I won't test this. Trying to T4-T6 win it's too slow. It would be another tutorable rock with Razaketh, the Foulblooded but with Chrome Mox and Mana Crypt I usually have enough, only once I can think of in play that this would have won me the game, often a Mana Crypt into a Sol Ring is enough. Dead draw early so a no.
Both times I managed to draw my Reconnaissance early on, I tutored my Razaketh, the Foulblooded sac'd Kaalia of the Vast and Mother of Runes/Dark Confidant into Reanimate + Buried Alive and won grabbing the Mana Crypt and Chrome Mox and Goblin Bombardment so it wasn't a factor. I drew it later in the game and didn't find it as big a factor, but still handy. I think it's not the card for me, but its awesome, but I usually just tutor Razaketh, the Foulblooded and win, instead of tutoring nasty angels like Avacyn, Angel of Hope or Gisela, Blade of Goldnight. In a muti-pod theres usually someone I can attack and resolve with flying, and assuming I've tutored Razaketh, the Foulblooded already, i'll just sac before blocking damage is assigned anyway. Spectacular card, you should run it, see how you like it. In my Alesha, Who Smiles at Death I couldn't live without it.
I've had mixed feelings about Faithless Looting lately, I know a problem I had was drawing Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and then it's hard to combo, but I drew Karmic Guide and other than being CMC5 I haven't needed it, it can cycle cards to draw some A/D/D to my hand too, but wondering if something like Tormenting Voice but it let's me draw and discard 2, as well as flashback if i'm stalled. Just thought I would share.