Carpet of Flowers
At the beginning of your precombat main phase, you may add up to X mana of any one color to your mana pool, where X is the number of Islands target opponent controls.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Carpet of Flowers Discussion
1 day ago
Hope of Ghirapur is already in the deck.
Memnite is fantastic and is not coming out. The ability to drop it first turn with a 1-drop dork for a turn 2 Edric AND a draw is too good to pass up. The only other way to get that is using a 0 mana accelerant, which are much more inconsistent.
Has anyone considered that I don't have Capture of Jingzhou simply because a) I'm out of room, and b) the HD package is just better? It's not necessary to chain turns together if on one of those turns you straight up win. Right now I can swap Temporal Mastery for Capture if people really think it's necessary, but I already don't have enough room for Deep Analysis, so right now the HD combo needs Edric and the combat step for the winning LabMan draw. Personally I'd put Deep Analysis back in before Capture. If anyone can think of some good swaps let me know, but until then I'm not going to put in another 5 mana spell that doesn't contribute to my plan A.
Also, Carpet of Flowers is in the sideboard and is going to stay in the sideboard. It's pretty much an obvious swap for a Llanowar Elves/Elvish Mystic/Fyndhorn Elves/What-have-you, and I don't like putting meta dependent cards in the mainboard if I don't have to.
4 days ago
Nice going buddy! I'm impressend and amused :)
Actually there really are some crazy shit 1 mana drops. Might I suggest some more?
Here we go:
Crop Rotation cough, cough Did I mention you should run some certain two lands? ;)
Shit, I now realized that most of the cards are ramp cards while you have CMC 1. Okay, let's change plan then:
Hope this helps and feel free to check some of my volunteer 1 mana drops in: Rhys Redeemed: Infinite Enchantment Combo Control
4 days ago
Cool deck you got here. Please allow me to give you some suggestions while not altering the effects of your cards. I will merely show you same effect for cheaper and better ;)
For following cards exists a better version:
Hope this helps out. Please, also feel free to drop by and have a look at my rhys deck. I use customized categorization and split up my deck in categories such as:
6 days ago
Your land count is RIDICULOUSLY low. I know your commander produces mana, and that you're playing lots of mana dorks, but I'm nervous about your ability to even cast them. At the very least, you will have difficulty rebuilding from a board wipe. For that reason, Heroic Intervention seems like a must here.
You have most of the good anti-blue pieces here (Hall of Gemstone, etc) but you could get great value out of Winter Orb, since you have enough mana dorks to compensate. Also, Carpet of Flowers is an oft-forgotten card that usually pulls its weight, and sometimes wins single-handed.
I really wish Conspiracy was in your colors...
Deck looks good to me! :)
1 week ago
Really cool deck! Question: why mainboard Carpet of Flowers? Doesn't it often end up being a dead card in hand?
1 week ago
lordjavoreos999 Carpet of Flowers actually works really well even if it only produces one mana per turn. The fixing is really good and I'm yet to play against zero islands. I've considered coffers, but the deck only technically plays 7 swamps, and if I don't have 3 on board or Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Coffers is a dead land. I may include it in the future along with Crop Rotation, but I don't think I can support that type of manabase yet due to the price. Thanks again for your input!
1 week ago
Seems alright. Few cards seem a bit... odd or like you were trying to replace cards?
I'd recommend removing the following:
- Autumn's Veil: Yisan should be cheating your cards in
- Natural State: Not a huge concern, but seems underwhelming in EDH with most non-mana rocks being 4+
- Jeweled Amulet: With playing mono-green, this seems... meh.
- Tormod's Crypt: ???
- Staff of Domination: By the time this is going off, it's probably just a win-more.
- Seeds of Innocence: There are better mass artifact removal cards that don't grant life for only 1 or 2 more mana (Creeping Corrosion?).
- Carpet of Flowers: Unless your playgroup has a bunch of monoblue players, this isn't going to be super reliable.
- Strip Mine/Ghost Quarter: ???
Some cards I'd recommend are below and some will hopefully help abuse Yisan's verse counter-curve:
- Kodama's Reach
- Rampant Growth
- Skyshroud Claim
- Beastmaster Ascension
- Creeping Corrosion
- Wave of Vitriol
- Baru, Fist of Krosa
- Bellowing Tanglewurm
- Champion of Lambholt
- Citanul Hierophants
- Elder of Laurels
- Essence of the Wild
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
- Master of the Wild Hunt
- Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Thunderfoot Baloth
- Managorger Hydra
- Primeval Protector
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Stonehoof Chieftain
- Bloodspore Thrinax
So many cards... Point being, ramping into Yisan and triggering his ability is awesome, but a moot point if you can't hit anything that does something. But again, I could be completely missing the point of what you're going for, and if so I apologize for the wall of text. It's your deck and you are free to do with it as you please, I just wish you a grand time of obliterating your games.
1 week ago
Carpet of Flowers seems really out of place. Unless your play group has an abnormal amount of mono blue players, you don't usually wanna use cards that focus on hating on a specific land or color type unless it's interchangable (such as Iona, Shield of Emeria). Instead, try for more ramp that isn't dependent on others OR haste enablers.
I'd recommend the following, but of course take them with a grain of salt since I'm not sure what all you're going for lol:
- Garruk Wildspeaker
- Mirari's Wake (if in budget)
- Chromatic Lantern
- Fellwar Stone (in a 3 color deck, it will always get you some color and for 2)
- Kodama's Reach
- Selvala's Stampede (Good back up if you can't resolve Mayael)
- Not of This World (bit of a niche card, but most of your cards cost 7+)
On the opposite side, I'd recommend removing/swapping the following:
- Clan Defiance: In your colors you have access to better (and still affordable removal), plus your focus should be Mayael, ramping, and creature abilities.
- Harmonize: It's not bad, but you don't wanna draw into your creatures.
- Carpet of Flowers: The original reason stated above.
- Quicksilver Amulet: Not a bad alternitve, so not a high priority, but again, focus on Mayael and this could be another creature.
- Arlinn Kord Flip: She just seems... out of place. If you like her, keep her by all means, just seems off. Maybe Xenagos, the Reveler instead?
- Wild Ricochet: I like this card, but it's expensive. Reverberate or Fork will typically do what you want for less mana. If you're having a problem with blue players, try Red Elemental Blast
A friend of mine has a super charged Mayael deck (Mayael's Eldrazi Escapades) that I've been playing against for years. I have a high respect for the deck and hope you have fun with yours, budget or not.