|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Beacon of Creation
Put a 1/1 green Insect creature token into play for each Forest you control. Shuffle Beacon of Creation into its owner's library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Beacon of Creation Discussion
1 month ago
You can probably afford to run just two Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. You don't really want to get more than one per game, anyway. Skyshroud Ranger goes pretty well with Cultivate, too. I wouldn't personally run Rancor in this deck, because some of your big hitters already fly or have trample, and in other situations you've got sheer numbers to get through. If you cut Song of Freyalise, I'd add another Beacon of Creation and a forest. Relying solely on forests for mana (and having more ways to get them in play in large quantities) is making the beacon stronger than it was with Llanowar Elves and Song of Freyalise, generally speaking. But if you run more Skyshroud Ranger it would be nice to try your best to make sure you have lands in hand to play with it. I'd try going up to at least 24 total.
1 month ago
One thing that might be nice, given how much the deck likes having forests in play, would be maybe switching out Llanowar Elves for something along the lines of Elvish Pioneer or Skyshroud Ranger? Though you'd probably need to run more lands to get the most out of them, since they're useless if you don't already have a land in hand. But they're nice in that you still have the extra mana even if they get removed, on top of helping out with Scute Mob and Beacon of Creation.
1 month ago
I have played something similar to this and always hated Fertile Thicket. Personally I was happier playing with more lands in general to help you get up to the big-uns like Hornet Queen and stay relatively on curve. Plus it’s kind of a nonbo with your Beacon of Creation.
Unyaro Bees are fantastic if your opponent can’t deal with them and play well with the mono-greenness.
3 months ago
Dragon Broodmother kann nicht dein Commander sein, Alternativen fuer ne Lifegain / Token / Devour Strategie waeren:
- Tana, the Bloodsower
- Ulasht, the Hate Seed
- Thromok the Insatiable (Skaliert exponentiell, mit Trample drauf kann der schnell Spiele beenden)
- Bloodspore Thrinax Must play in dem theme
- Dragonlair Spider
- Fresh Meat (Devourst 20 Tokens und bekommst 20 staerkere Tokens)
- Sylvan Offering
- Hellion Eruption (1/1 -> 4/4)
- Wolfbriar Elemental
- Chancellor of the Forge
- Hooded Hydra
- Release the Gremlins
- Hornet Nest (Denk dran wenn die nen 6 power mob blockt machtse auch 6 Tokens)
- Hornet Queen
- Stalking Vengeance
- Tempt with Vengeance
- Hellkite Hatchling
- Thunder-Thrash Elder
- Beacon of Creation
- Rampaging Baloths
- Sandwurm Convergence
- Parallel Lives kostet zwar bissl mehr aber lohnt sich hier
- Mitotic Slime 7 Bodies fr 5 Mana
- Fires of Yavimaya must play in Gruul
- Cultivate & Kodama's Reach sind Ramp staples in EDH
- Preyseizer Dragon
- Skullmulcher Brauchst bissl mehr Draw
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip ist noch nice fuer Ramp
- Khalni Garden, Skarrg, the Rage Pits rein
- Yavimaya Hollow raus (Kostet 30-60 Euro) und lieber Kessig Wolf Run rein
- Contested Cliffs raus (Spielst zuwenig Beasts dazu) und Oran-Rief, the Vastwood rein um alle Tokens zu pumpen
- Mosswort Bridge wuerde gehen aber Kher Keep ist in der Strategie wahrscheinlich besser um excess mana gegen Token zu tauschen
- Fungal Reaches ist crap, bekommst genug Ramp durch Creatures und anderweitig
- Evolving Wilds & Terramorphic Expanse sind must pick in jedem multi-color deck, damit fixt man nicht nur Mana, sondern dnnt auch das Deck aus und erhht die Chance Karten die man braucht zu ziehen.
4 months ago
Lost in the Woods
Howl of the Night Pack
Beacon of Creation
Life and Limb
Staff of the Wild Magus
Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
Dark Heart of the Wood+Overgrown Tomb or Utopia Sprawl
Patron of the Orochi
Reach of Branches
6 months ago
I like this build! I have a token Modern deck and have played with the idea of making it into a Commander deck. Definitely going to consider a ton of the cards in this deck. +1 from me!
A few cards that you might consider for even more token fun: Emrakul's Evangel, Akroan Horse, Rampaging Baloths, Captain's Claws, Increasing Devotion, and Beacon of Creation. For some Anointed Procession trigger happiness, Panharmonicon. For making your tokens ridiculously great blockers, Hold the Line.
7 months ago
@Joulskr, I've taken your suggestion and added some white. In doing so I've taken out Ulasht, the Hate Seed because despite it being a nice card, it was a little slower than I liked. I've added Cathars' Crusade because frankly, it's almost a game winner if it gets out due to high Saproling creation. I've also removed Beacon of Creation and Sprout Swarm replacing them with Fungal Sprouting, using cards like Wayfaring Temple and Cathars' Crusade I should be able to get some pretty strong creatures to make more Saprolings. I did check out the website and found some really awesome cards, however, many of the best weren't modern legal and I couldn't include them.