Discard all the cards in your hand, then draw that many cards.
Printings View all
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Common|
|Beatdown Box Set (BTD)||Common|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Tolarian Winds occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Tolarian Winds Discussion
3 weeks ago
3 months ago
You seem to be on a budget, so we thought to give some cheap suggestions:
- Bident of Thassa : allows you for more draw, and thus more Locusts every time one of them lands a hit on your opponents.
- Library of Leng : wonderful in case you do not feel like filling your graveyard whenever you are forced to discard.
- Rites of Initiation : can close out games if you can suddenly boost your Locusts out of nowhere.
- Tolarian Winds : nice blue version of a wheel that only affects you.
- Time Reversal : nice way to reset your library and draw cards.
- Forgotten Creation : works especially well with Library of Leng.
- Impact Tremors : Locusts entering the field will deal significant damage.
In case you are a bit more ambitious and intend to spend more money on this deck, feel free to check out our version of this commander.
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
7 months ago
Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive
Adamaro, First to Desire
Chandra, Novice Pyromancer
9 months ago
last laugh - OK, I guess I missed that first part of the text. I put it onto my buy list a while back and when my FLNGS got it in for me I wasn't sure what to do with it exactly. So I guess I will find a spot to swap something out for it. Got any ideas of what to take out for it? I only have a few infinite combos and I have a lot of utility stuff. I am not sure if I wanna remove a mana rock, but I might take out Everflowing Chalice for a Grim Monolith if I get one soon. Maybe take out the puzzle box or Blue Sun's Zenith or a Mindmoil ? Getting harder to figure out what I want in and what I want out. I def want the infinite combos or what few of them there are in the deck, but I am not sure if I have just the right amount or too many hand cycle cards in here lol.
OMG, lol. I just realized something I haven't before. Tolarian Winds on a scepter plus Paradox Engine if I have a mana rock out. Come to think of it I think I had paradox engine out when I had the beta version of this way before I had accumulated most of the cards I needed for it. Since I don't believe in making decks with cards I don't actually own, or at least I have stopped doing such my deck has gone a ton of changes since then. Use to have no infinite combos and no hand swapping cards and no mana rocks and almost all of the cards in it use to be pay like 1-4 mana and draw like 2 cards etc.
10 months ago
LiquidGaming Muzzio, Visionary Architect was actually an EDH general I was interested in playing for awhile (love the art on that card), but somehow forgot about. From your experience how similar does he play out to Arcum Dagsson ? I will definitely check out OathBreakerMTG.org pretty often to see what's new with OathBreaker and to see what's happening in the format.
Some other cards I thought might be worth considering for Jace's Paradigm Shift (some of these are quite expensive and probably aren't 100% needed, but these are all my thoughts):
2) Mission Briefing , personally I prefer this over Snapcaster Mage , it's recursion and has the ability to get you past 2 dead draws or give you the satisfaction of knowing you will get a good draw next (not sure what to cut though).
5) City of Traitors and Crystal Vein , they probably won't ever make it onto the list, but how have Lotus Petal and Grim Monolith been playing out for you? I would forget everything these cards say and read them as: "0... Only cast this spell if you haven't played a land this turn. You can't play a land this turn, add 2 to your mana pool." They seem like they might be worth considering once you read them from that point of view.
6) Magosi, the Waterveil , first I'm gonna say I have been in love with this card ever since I got into MTG so I might be giving it a little too much credit (but then again I was the player who loved The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale when I first started playing MTG, lol), I feel the majority of the time skipping a turn if you are playing control doesn't affect you too much, but being able to take an extra turn later on can be "pretty helpful."
11) Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse , Flood Plain , and Bad River , still on the fence about these, ocassional ETB tapped lands vs deck thinning (E Wilds and T Expanse are better by a slight bit, just to say), not sure on this one. What do you think?
12) Mana Severance , we all come to those points in a game where lands are dead, but not anymore.
14) Foresight and Manipulate Fate , being able to kill three dead draws and for 2 mana on a card that replaces itself seems great in a "53 card format" (us blue players always changing the stats to whatever we want whenever we want).
These were the main cards I thought could make it onto your list, but I'm still evaluating a couple others so I'll leave more comments with those if I feel they are actually worth considering.
10 months ago
10 months ago
First, in commander you can't have planeswalkers as commanders. Second, (I'll stop trolling now, lol) It doesn't seem you have a budget here so why not add Misty Rainforest , Scalding Tarn , Flooded Strand , and Polluted Delta for the extra shuffle effects and minimal deck thinning. Some other possible additions: Windfall , Tolarian Winds , and Scroll Rack . Oh yeah and don't forget in commander we can use planeswalker as commanders (shout out to Teferi, Temporal Archmage ).
11 months ago
King_C_Waffa Thank you for your input! You're correct in assuming I'm pretty new to cEDH, although I have probably 7 other decks IRL that already have all snow lands and Extraplanar Lens . I don't feel it's necessary for this deck though. I don't play EDH competitively very often because in my area all the cEDH players are insufferable assholes, plus I tend to play more for fun usually. However, I just had to take a stab at this deck. So let's get down to the suggestions:
- Intuition is great. I knew it felt like I was missing some powerful tutor. It is definitely being added.
- Paradigm Shift seemed decent, which was why it was in the maybeboard, but I've had a day to think about it and I agree it should be in here.
- I'm not sure I need Windfall . I did consider it, but I think most of the time Tolarian Winds is going to be better since the odds are that I won't draw it until I'm comboing off anyway.
- I have multiple back up win conditions in the deck already, and although I was being cute with the Charbelcher combo with Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter I'll probably swap that over to an Aetherflux Reservoir . Paradox Engine might find its way in
- Panharmonicon is in because I have a strong feeling I'll need to rebuild many times, and this helps me do so. But you know what? Let's go more defensive. This is going to be a Defense Grid .
- Mox Amber is terrible in commander, usually. I play it none of my other decks. I think it's perfectly fine in this deck since I'm only trying to get to 6 mana and Fblthp should be in play most of the time.
- Daze is probably fine to cut, I agree.
- I also do not know what the point of Paradoxical Outcome was. When I built this list at work, I first settled on a number of lands to run and then all I did was add cards until I had exactly 100, and the maybeboard cards on here were all cards I thought of afterward. Up until now, I haven't touched the list since I made it. I think I had some dumb idea with it originally but never followed up with whatever it was, so yeah it needs to change.
So all in all, I think the current changes are as follows: