|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Common|
|Beatdown Box Set (BTD)||Common|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Discard all the cards in your hand, then draw that many cards.
Tolarian Winds Discussion
5 days ago
LiquidGaming Muzzio, Visionary Architect was actually an EDH general I was interested in playing for awhile (love the art on that card), but somehow forgot about. From your experience how similar does he play out to Arcum Dagsson ? I will definitely check out OathBreakerMTG.org pretty often to see what's new with OathBreaker and to see what's happening in the format.
Some other cards I thought might be worth considering for Jace's Paradigm Shift (some of these are quite expensive and probably aren't 100% needed, but these are all my thoughts):
2) Mission Briefing , personally I prefer this over Snapcaster Mage , it's recursion and has the ability to get you past 2 dead draws or give you the satisfaction of knowing you will get a good draw next (not sure what to cut though).
5) City of Traitors and Crystal Vein , they probably won't ever make it onto the list, but how have Lotus Petal and Grim Monolith been playing out for you? I would forget everything these cards say and read them as: "0... Only cast this spell if you haven't played a land this turn. You can't play a land this turn, add 2 to your mana pool." They seem like they might be worth considering once you read them from that point of view.
6) Magosi, the Waterveil , first I'm gonna say I have been in love with this card ever since I got into MTG so I might be giving it a little too much credit (but then again I was the player who loved The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale when I first started playing MTG, lol), I feel the majority of the time skipping a turn if you are playing control doesn't affect you too much, but being able to take an extra turn later on can be "pretty helpful."
11) Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse , Flood Plain , and Bad River , still on the fence about these, ocassional ETB tapped lands vs deck thinning (E Wilds and T Expanse are better by a slight bit, just to say), not sure on this one. What do you think?
12) Mana Severance , we all come to those points in a game where lands are dead, but not anymore.
14) Foresight and Manipulate Fate , being able to kill three dead draws and for 2 mana on a card that replaces itself seems great in a "53 card format" (us blue players always changing the stats to whatever we want whenever we want).
These were the main cards I thought could make it onto your list, but I'm still evaluating a couple others so I'll leave more comments with those if I feel they are actually worth considering.
1 week ago
1 week ago
First, in commander you can't have planeswalkers as commanders. Second, (I'll stop trolling now, lol) It doesn't seem you have a budget here so why not add Misty Rainforest , Scalding Tarn , Flooded Strand , and Polluted Delta for the extra shuffle effects and minimal deck thinning. Some other possible additions: Windfall , Tolarian Winds , and Scroll Rack . Oh yeah and don't forget in commander we can use planeswalker as commanders (shout out to Teferi, Temporal Archmage ).
1 month ago
King_C_Waffa Thank you for your input! You're correct in assuming I'm pretty new to cEDH, although I have probably 7 other decks IRL that already have all snow lands and Extraplanar Lens . I don't feel it's necessary for this deck though. I don't play EDH competitively very often because in my area all the cEDH players are insufferable assholes, plus I tend to play more for fun usually. However, I just had to take a stab at this deck. So let's get down to the suggestions:
- Intuition is great. I knew it felt like I was missing some powerful tutor. It is definitely being added.
- Paradigm Shift seemed decent, which was why it was in the maybeboard, but I've had a day to think about it and I agree it should be in here.
- I'm not sure I need Windfall . I did consider it, but I think most of the time Tolarian Winds is going to be better since the odds are that I won't draw it until I'm comboing off anyway.
- I have multiple back up win conditions in the deck already, and although I was being cute with the Charbelcher combo with Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter I'll probably swap that over to an Aetherflux Reservoir . Paradox Engine might find its way in
- Panharmonicon is in because I have a strong feeling I'll need to rebuild many times, and this helps me do so. But you know what? Let's go more defensive. This is going to be a Defense Grid .
- Mox Amber is terrible in commander, usually. I play it none of my other decks. I think it's perfectly fine in this deck since I'm only trying to get to 6 mana and Fblthp should be in play most of the time.
- Daze is probably fine to cut, I agree.
- I also do not know what the point of Paradoxical Outcome was. When I built this list at work, I first settled on a number of lands to run and then all I did was add cards until I had exactly 100, and the maybeboard cards on here were all cards I thought of afterward. Up until now, I haven't touched the list since I made it. I think I had some dumb idea with it originally but never followed up with whatever it was, so yeah it needs to change.
So all in all, I think the current changes are as follows:
1 month ago
Looks fun. Could use Mystical Teachings for instant speed tutor and consistency. Tolarian Winds and Commit / Memory are good ways to cycle hand. Sphinx-Bone Wand and Tidespout Tyrant are good value pieces. Energy Tap is a great way to utilize the high cmc creatures in the deck. This play style might draw hate so a few stax and control cards could help slow the game to your pace, Dream Tides , Energy Flux , War Tax , Ertai's Meddling , and maybe even Mist of Stagnation if you get enough spells in the yard.
3 months ago
You should add Tolarian Winds , Coat of Arms , Snow-Covered Island s, Scrying Sheets , Caged Sun , Extraplanar Lens , Cavern of Souls , Tolaria West , Expedition Map , Ash Barrens , Taigam's Schemeing, Contingency Plan , Mishra's Bauble , and Fellwar Stone . Other than that I truly love this deck and I am going to definitely build this deck.
BTW, who ever said cantrips aren't good in EDH, lol.
3 months ago
3 months ago
Tolarian Winds occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%