|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Venser vs. Koth (DDI)||Common|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Scry 2, then draw a card. (To scry 2, look at the top two cards of your library, then put any number of them on the bottom of your library and the rest on top in any order.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (29)||VampireArm , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , essex0619 , Kvothe1115 , FoamEagle , plof , MrCrazzyc , TehDelta , Famicomania , Skydra2 , frederiklw , mziter501 , darthnuchi , Sparky41 , TheAlmostHero , golgarigirl , NobleSlay3r , meowCat1234 , LTmiller , , ibraJG84 , acbooster , sonnet666 , Justinaut , dplerner , Benniator , DudeMan1031 , hardhitta71194|
|Want (5)||ElijahBurnsRed , Ariumlegion , Fergernuggets , mlouden03 , TheRealPeaches|
17 hours ago
That combo would be good but I can't see how you would put it in... seems like everything has it's place quite well...
23 hours ago
WalkingIllusion: Hmmm. I've been considering adding a Isochron Scepter/Dramatic Reversal combo in the deck as well, since The Locust God is a good sink for infinite mana. Other than that, I'm still looking for slots for Ponder/Preordain.
5 days ago
6 days ago
Make a budget version. Run Jace the unplayable instead of Karn, e.g. Also, Myriad Landscape, that land that bounces an island and taps for a blue and colorless, and also terrain generator (not that these will help keep the cost down). Anyways, well done for creativity, I'd just build it a bit differently, for one, I couldn't afford the 1000 dollar price tag haha. My meme Ixidor deck, e.g. is OK --a bit slow-- but can win casual games if left alone.
6 days ago
6 days ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake
1 week ago
WalkingIllusion: Ooh, that's tempting. I could try that, and it would let me get more value from Paradox Engine...on the other hand, if I try to use it during my combo, it lets them bounce The Locust God...
Iquasi: Tagging people is done with double brackets around their name :) I'll definitely consider the Ponder and/or Preordain, yeah. Other than that, I think I am going to keep Brainstorm in the deck. And I too am running the Kindred Discovery combo, but I decided to terminate it with Snapback since I don't need to keep open 3 mana for the Flash cost.
Tosk: I don't think it would be helpful, to be honest. I have very few planeswalkers, the card doesn't help my combo at all, and 4 mana is pretty steep. Thanks for the comment though! :)
1 week ago
As far as strict upgrades go, Serum Visions needs to become Preordain and Anticipate needs to become Impulse. I feel like Snap would be better thanUnsummon. Lastly, I don't think there are enough shuffle effects to make Brainstorm good here. Maybe Shadow Rift or Counterspell could take it's spot.
I do like this deck though. Lifegain is rarely worth it on its own, but Daxos gives free card advantage too. Best of luck at the tournament.