|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt||Common|
Combos Browse all
Draw two cards, then discard two cards.
Flashback (You may cast this card from your graveyard for it flashback cost. Then exile it.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Faithless Looting Discussion
8 hours ago
13 hours ago
I would recommend replacing your win cons with ones that can clear up any small creatures that may have gotten out before your land destruction took place, some examples are Chandra, Torch of Defiance and Grim Lavamancer.
15 hours ago
EternalBrewmaster I appreciate it, but I think you're a little misinformed here.
Edge of Autumn is run because it's good early and late. The deck doesn't usually need more than 6 or 7 lands at a time, so drawing most ramp late-game is bad, but Edge is still useful.
Pentad Prism enables turn 3 Uril all on its own, with no drawback. I would never cut it.
Wild Growth is a very efficient ramp card, being 1 mana, and it also triggers every Enchantress in the deck.
Hunter's Insight is another card I would never cut. It is almost always a 3 mana draw 6+ cards, which is more value than any Enchantress could get, except in corner cases.
Sage's Reverie and Serra's Sanctum both want you to overextend, which is a horrible idea. You'll only be drawing 3-4 cards or making 3-4 mana with each, and that's in the best case scenario. Worst case, you get one card or no mana, which is something you have to prepare for.
One with Nature is A. too slow and B. not something you want to be doing lategame.
TLDR: The ramp and card draw package I have is fine as it is. The cards I would cut, for the most part, have to be sub-par or bad in the deck.
18 hours ago
My point was that the core of any voltron deck based on auras should be enchantress draw effects. They give you the steam to keep drawing more stuff to put on your general.
My recommended cuts are:
- Hunter's Insight use enchantress draw effects
- Regrowth you have enough mass enchantment reanimation
- Faithless Looting use enchantress draw effects
- Vow of Wildness since you have so many ways to give trample and other forms of evasion and the vows are just the least powerful of all of them for the upside they give.
- Edge of Autumn since it's really only good very early
- Wild Growth since you don't have anything like Arbor Elf
- Pentad Prism because there are just so many better ways to ramp
Things that are really critical to add:
- Eidolon of Blossoms
- Serra's Sanctum if you can afford it, it's price has been dropping lately
- One with Nature
- Sage's Reverie
- Song of the Dryads
- Sun Titan for more repeatable reanimation
Also, the deck I linked you to is my deck so I'm aware of what it is :) I wasn't telling you to change your deck to be like mine because mine is very particularly focused, but there's still a lot of great unique stuff in it that you might consider.
Some last fun thoughts for voltron auras:
1 day ago
may be Unburial Rites over Resurrection ... does basicly the same, but it is card you want to discard with Faithless Looting and you don't mind milling it. For the worst chase, adding 1 fetshabel black-mana shoudn't be a problem.
may be worth think about Gifts Ungiven
3 days ago
Nice deck, but I would change some things;
- change Cancel for Mana Leak, it's a cheaper casting cost and does virtually the same.
- Use a Kiln Fiend. You're going to love it in this deck, trust me. If you like that kind of structure, then check out the Nivix Cyclops. If you want to run this kind of deck, use an Artful Dodge for ensuring victory.
- consider using Gutshot and Gitaxian Probe. Both two commons that are must-have in Izzet pauper that uses instants.
- Use a Delver of Secrets Flip, another common that loves to be in a spell-slinger deck.
- Ponder is also a considerable filter in your deck, same applies for Faithless Looting
5 days ago
Thanks for the build man! It inspired me to build an unrestricted (and moderately busted) casual version of this deck. I also found out about the frontier format from this, and it seems pretty cool. I'm not super familiar with the cards legal in that format, but I do have a few ideas you may enjoy testing in your deck. If I suggest a banned card, please forgive me and just ignore it, I'm on mobile so checking is very tedius. Faithless Looting, Mirrorpool, lands with cycling, Haunted Fengraf, and World Breaker all have been very strong in play testing. So have Fastbond, Crucible of Worlds and Strip Mine but I know those are banned.
1 week ago
hey, thanks for the suggestions :)
I don't really think Young Pyromancer might be good on a build with 4 sweepers Anger of the Gods, but I think Faithless Looting might be interesting... although I think I'd change the list a bit to have some faithless demigod action going on if I'd go that route.
thanks man :)