|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology Vol. II (CM2)||Common|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt (DDK)||Common|
|Dark Ascension (DKA)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Draw two cards, then discard two cards.
Flashback (You may cast this card from your graveyard for it flashback cost. Then exile it.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Faithless Looting Discussion
3 days ago
Some suggestions that might help.
Krark-Clan Ironworks Gains you plenty of mana and also protection from your artifacts getting exiled.
Izzet Signet Since you are running Paradox Engine it makes sense to run all the rocks
Fellwar Stone Ditto
Gilded Lotus Ditto
Mind Stone Ditto
Mana Vault Ditto
Grim Monolith Ditto
Sensei's Divining Top Staple in artifact decks
Dramatic Reversal Can lead to overwhleming advantage plus go infinite mana with Isochron and mana sources that provide 3 or more mana.
Hope that helps!
3 days ago
I wonder if you could cut blue from the deck. It only gives you Jace's Archivist and Shadowstorm Vizier. Though those cards may be good in the deck, you may get more advantage points from cutting down to two colors. You could run cards like Collective Brutality/Faithless Lootingfor more discard and Dark Confidant/Cathartic Reunion to fuel your hand for more discarding.
4 days ago
I like this deck overall. I think it needs some maindeck Blood Moon in this build. Also since you have Faithless Looting and Serum Visions the Madcap Experiment + Platinum Emperion combo would be good in here. You can use the looting and scrying to dig away the Emperion or extra copies of Madcap or get to it faster. I've seen other UR lists trying it here and there. You're already free of artifacts except for the Dragon's Claw on the side, which could easily be something else since the Emperion combo stops burn anyways.
5 days ago
Hello there! Love to see any Mizzix deck as a Mizzix player myself. You say you want this deck to have a "tournament level" competitive approach, maybe I can help you out a little. With all due respect, I want to be frank and I don't think your deck can be called competitive at all right now. I don't know your budget situation, but I will try to break it down as much as I can and give a wide array of options.
- Mana situation: Let's start with the basics, namely your basic lands. As you can see on the nice pie chart, your cards are about 2/3 blue and 1/3 red. Still you have your lands almost at 50/50 islands and mountains. Only 4 lands can produce both and , consider City of Brass, Reflecting Pool and Forbidden Orchard. Moving on, your ramping mana rocks could be better too. Any cheap rock - cheaper than Mizzix herself - let's you cast Mizzix earlier and is a huge benefit to finishing faster. On top of that they can help you cast those big spells should your commander not be around for some reason. Consider any rock that costs 2 or less. Another way to solve the mana issue involves ritual effects. Cards like Seething Song or Turnabout, just to name a couple, give you a sudden burst of resources but demand a combo oriented setup and play style. Although if you want the fastest way to win, rituals are the way to go.
- Curve: Overall your spells are quite expensive. Now I know Mizzix makes casting big spells almost trivial, but if you really want to field this deck in a competitive environment, you should not count on having her out at all. People will target you, just because of your commander. Consider cards with lower cmc to stay relevant when you are under pressure, even if that means giving up on splashy spells. Many cards you are playing now, could be replaced by strictly better ones. Especially look out for cards with as few and in their casting costs as possible.
- Bulk goods: Some of your cards weigh down on your deck like a boulder. I myself like to call them "do-nothing-cards". Cards like Eye of the Storm or Thrummingbird do nothing on the turn you play them and after that only do something your deck already does on it's own. It's almost like you are playing an extra turn for your opponents. Cutting those kind of cards will streamline your deck and minimize awkward turns where nothing happens to progress your position.
- Win conditions: If you want to go for a competitive deck, having your deck trimmed towards as few win conditions as possible is of utmost importance. The most common ways to win with Mizzix are storm, burn, infinite mana & draw and taking turns (all of them). Pick 1 or 2 ways to win but build the whole deck around them. If one way to win supplements the other, even better. But spreading yourself thin over too many ways to win only slows you down.
- Key cards: I see you aren't playing some of the most played and best cards in any Mizzix deck. I'll list some, in no particular order of importance. Merchant Scroll, Gamble, Expropriate, Treasure Cruise, Dig Through Time, Fact or Fiction, Frantic Search, Faithless Looting, Reiterate, Mizzix's Mastery, Past in Flames, Mystic Retrieval, Increasing Vengeance, Chaos Warp, Bonus Round, Goblin Electromancer, Epic Experiment, Aetherflux Reservoir.
- Budget: Just as a heads-up, if you really want to make your deck competitive, you have to consider investing a good amount of money. Most of the time the best cards are the most expensive ones. While you can get by with some budget replacements here and there, at some point only the best cards are good enough. This isn't something you need to force right from the start, but can work towards over time.
Finally, I really hope I gave you some helpful advice and that you are not intimidated by my wall of text. Mizzix is a great commander and if you want, you can transform the deck into a fearsome weapon. Cheers!
5 days ago
1 week ago
1 week ago
What can I say, call me SynergyBuild, master of being bored and annoyed at clickbait to write up random stuff.
Onto the deck, it seems really on theme, but doesn't really look well-tuned, great on a budget though, so props where props are due, but it seems to try to do what Simic colors do, when you are in boros.
I mean, card draw and ramp are in all colors, but when you sacrifice speed and efficiency, and just start running cycling lands, you know you are too deep and need to go back.
In white-red, I like Tithe, Gift of Estates, Oreskos Explorer, Weathered Wayfarer, Land Tax and other such effects along with red looting/rummaging in the form of Rummaging Goblin, Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice, Cathartic Reunion, etc to gain a lot of advantage, as well as fast mana rocks such as Mind Stone, Boros Signet, etc. and even Hedron Archive/Boros Locket for card advantage as well. The rocks can allow you to even break parity with an effect like Armageddon, Ruination, a cycled Decree of Annihilation, Impending Disaster, and other anti-sultai cards, as land ramp is their forte, you must combat it instead of trying to copy it badly.
I understand that Land Destruction isn't popular due to a social contract, but that social contract is specifically bad for boros colors only, if Green and Black get to ramp lands, and blue repeatedly untap them, the clear answer is to destroy lands, as if they were literally any other card type, but the social contract is built against boros.
Ocelot44, two issues with your comment, not that it is inherently wrong, but that you also have only responded to my comments with further provocation up until now, so I find it hypocritical, and also that it feels like you were simply diverting a situation you had gotten into with no out. You had said stuff that was clearly wrong and back-pedalled to save yourself, its a douche move not to admit failure in that sly of a way.
1 week ago
Yo, i have the same deck and i would recommend whole heartedly Grim Lavamancer. It is a 1/1, but he is a wizard, so he turns on Wizard's Lightning, he is amazing in the longer grindier matchups. Since you do have a lot of discard with Faithless Looting and The Flame of Keld so you almost always have ammo for Grim.
And actually Flame Jab, i know it looks super janky but honestly it is crazy. Again works with discard and gets more dmg (even if it is one). The nice thing about this is you can keep casting it since it does not exile it. It has closed games with me but i only run 1 copy. Might take it out but i really like it.