|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
As an additional cost to play Reshape, sacrifice an artifact.
Search your library for an artifact card with converted mana cost X or less and put it into play. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
1 week ago
Yo buddio, let's have a look shall we:
- Gitaxian Probe - What're you hoping to actually achieve with it? Storm decks run it as a free draw w/ doomsday, free spell that cantrips whilst generating info about what the control players are up to, why this over something like Opt for you - or something higher impact? I just don't see where this fits into your overall strategy. I'd rather run Telepathy over this and I'm not a Telepathy fan. I'd just want something higher impact.
- Spell Pierce - Sure, meta call - totally fine.
- Prismatic Lens - Yeah, filtering for coloured mana when you're going off w/ Paradox is hella good in certain scenarios. Fine inclusion.
- Sphere of Resistance - Personally hate Sphere, we run a pseudo turbo xerox gameplan, a lot of cheap cantrips and mana rocks, Sphere is super bad for these, great if your meta is all fast combo and food chain though. Decent silver bullet.
- Reshape is fine. You're gonna love Transmute when you get it. Paradox all day erry day.
- Whir of Invention - Yeah fine. Pretty 'okay' feeling card when I've played it; very infrequently been impressed by it, but always at least decent.
- Blue Sun's Zenith - I mean, I guess. Rev is really good w/ lifegain and the double GAA4 benefit. Honestly don't see the 'can function as a win condition' as much as a pro considering how the deck currently operates.
- Thirst for Knowledge Yeah, I used to run it myself, Manifold is getting cut actually too actually.
- Glen Elendra Archmage u wot m9? Nah. I'm not down with this. I'd suggest introducing a Counterbalance package if you want repeatable countermagic. 6 mana for double negate is super clunky. Bad! Stop!
- Consecrated Sphinx - Yup. Top banana that card, in the right matchup. Sometimes a man just needs haymakers.
Overall a fine list, but yeah, not liking 1, 7, 9 and iffy on 4. I'd also suggest another piece of spot removal if you're dropping wrath. Reality Shift is tutorable with Muddle, Merchant Scroll and functions as a Paradox/Scepter wincon by exiling people's entire libraries (providing they have at least one valid target).
1 week ago
I didn't check on this site for quite some time - now i'd like to respond and comment on your list, deadmanwaltzing, cause I also did some playtesting and changes to mine. I'll create a deck soon to also show you my current list.
Last time I asked a lot of questions regarding some cardchoices. Maybe you didn't feel like answering to all of these, so this time I'm gonna just outline the cardchoices that are different in my list from yours. Also, I'd like to tell you that I agree with most of your decisions regarding your development of a competitive Arbiter-List and that I respect you as the more experienced player in this regard.
I started playing EDH about a year ago in a quite competitive playgroup (General Tazri, Teferi, Derevi, Prosh, meanwhile also a Thrasios/Tymna list, a Keranos, a Rashmi and a Kaho which is very fun to play against). Starting with Brago I shifted to GAA4 because it felt like my Brago was always a bit slow in comparism to the others at the table... With GAA4 everyone is frowning at your Commander, hoping that it doesn't come down in T1-2 :) also I do like the control-playstyle and the interaction it provides.
Well, the different cardchoices in my list are:
- Gitaxian Probe
- Spell Pierce | I don't run Flusterstorm
- Prismatic Lens
- Sphere of Resistance | I don't run Torpor Orb
- Reshape | Don't have Transmute Artifact yet
- Whir of Invention
- Blue Sun's Zenith | I don't run Sphinx's Revelation but not 100% sure
- Thirst for Knowledge | I don't run Manifold Insights
- Glen Elendra Archmage | Instead of Wrath of God because I feel like non-creature spells are a lot stronger and both the Yisan-Deck and the Derevi-Deck aren't present in my playgroup anymore
- Consecrated Sphinx still playtesting - current experiences: good in midrange- and, prism-matchups. Actually awfully slow in most games against combo or combo/control
Cards I don't run from your list are:
- Into the Roil
- Relic of Progenitus
- Mystic Gate
- and Mana Drain & Timetwister which are obvious inclusions but I couldn't afford them yet.
I currently think about how to get rid of Staff of Domination because it feels clunky lots of times when drawn to early and Sensei's Divining Top also does his job together with Scepter. I will playtest an Academy Ruins for the case that Top gets countered. Also Lotus Petal might be good in matchups like General Tazri and Thrasios/Tymna where they are quite slowed with Arbiter in play and you want fast mana as soon as possible...
3 weeks ago
Delay and Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip, might also be worth playing. Windfall is good if you find yourself running out of gas and Frantic Search might be worth playing, especially if you put in the high tide. If you find yourself dying to Mana Crypt you could try putting in cards like Reshape or Into the Roil.
3 weeks ago
I'm sensing a Sphinx Tribal/Artifacts Matter theme. Here are my ideas to help things along:
Most people are familiar with the slew of black tutor cards available so I won't list those here.
Instead, here are some alternative tutors that would benefit your deck:
Sphinx Tribal Enhancement Suggestions:
3 weeks ago
So I have to say I absolutely love your list. I've built and been play-testing with it and made a few small changes myself. I wanted to run one change by you as it seems a little more significant than just personal preference. I replaced Reshape with Tezzeret the Seeker . I was doing the math and if I'm searching up Isochron Scepter then Reshape costs one less but Tezzeret the Seeker still exists for utility afterwards. If I'm searching up Aetherflux Reservoir then Tezzeret the Seeker costs one less than Reshape. I also don't feel the cost difference between 4-5 when searching up Isochron Scepter is as significant since it seems I typically reach that mana potential at the same pace, skipping right past 4 mana into 5 anyways. Also, if someone counters my Tezzeret the Seeker it's just a 1 for 1 as opposed to Reshape where I've also sacrificed an artifact as part of the cost and my opponent gets an easy 2 for 1. I feel the flexibility of Tezzeret the Seeker is more valuable in this deck. Curious what you think!
1 month ago
This is a great deck. You've got most of the staples already. However it could definitely use a Lodestone Golem. Wink wink.
Does your playgroup allow infinite mana? If so, Memnarch will be a force to be reckoned with. Esper may have more infinite mana combos than any other shard.
2 months ago
2 months ago
That's fair. Some cards I see that could be cut (And I haven't played the deck so take this with a grain of salt.)
Favorable Winds: It dos not really do anything when it enters and you seem to have other cards that buff your locust better.
Reshape: I feel like reshape is kinda the same thing. You have other ways to fetch artifacts you need and along with all the card draw it seems a little unnecessary.
Those are just a couple I noticed. Hope this helped.